PDA

View Full Version : HDMI sound off?

oldjiver
24-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Have a strange problem since I got my new Sly HD box. I have my Technomate 6900HD super combo on HDME 1, and my SlyHD on HDMI 3.
When I switch fromone HDMI to the other the sound from my 42" Toshiba disappears.? I have to turn the TV on and off again to get the sound back.???
Any ideas??

Giga
24-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Technomate 6900HD super in A/V settings: Digital Audio: Dolby HDMI

oldjiver
24-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Did that Giga, still no sound. Works from Sly to TM, but not from TM to Sly. However I think the sound is better!!

Giga
24-01-2010, 05:04 PM
do you have a similar setting in the SŁy box? or switch HDMI ports? Maybe one is for PC use to? See if you can leave the HDMI for PC out, has normally an additional audio output for that HDMI port?

oldjiver
24-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi again, just found that the HD channels only work on "DOLBYSPDIF".
All the SD channels work on dolby HDMI?
Think I have some sorting to do to syncronise the TV/boxes
The reason the Sly box is on HDMI 3 is because its on the side and its bloody hard to get to HDMI 2 without taking the set off the wall.
But I might have a fiddle.
Thanks for the info Giga, have company coming now so I will try your advice later and let you know.
Regards.

Giga
24-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi again, just found that the HD channels only work on "DOLBYSPDIF".
All the SD channels work on dolby HDMI?
on technomate? change dolby spdif to dolby hdmi

oldjiver
25-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi Giga,
Had a chance to fiddle. Changed the TM from DOLBSPDIF toDolby HDMI. Sound OK on SD, no sound on HD. Checked the audio channel on TM remote, found the Audio track on HD set to "2 english AC3". Changed it to Audio track 1, and BINGO! it worked. So I now have Dolby HDMI for all channels.
Checked the SLy box and the TV. The TV just has the choice to select which HDMI port nothing else (apart from bass treble settings etc)
The Sly box sound settings just say "Digital output, DOLBY D".
Still got the problem of no sound when changing from HDMI 1 to HDMI 3.
I can get the sound back by either turning off and on the TV or the SLY box.?.
I will attempt to jiggle the Sly box from HDMI 3 to HDMI 2 when I have someone to hold the TV in case I knock it off the wall!!

Giga
25-01-2010, 06:13 PM
find a good HDMI 1.3, HDCP (high definition copy protocol) compliant lead : borrow from friend or buy (5 €/4.39 UKŁ/meter with the required distance)

oldjiver
25-01-2010, 06:17 PM
HDMI 3 lead is the one that came with the Sly box, surely should be good quality??

Giga
25-01-2010, 06:19 PM
yes, but for testing, so you can try other port so nobody should hold your telly up

oldjiver
25-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks, will look round.:respect-046: