PDA

View Full Version : Dream Elite Black Hole 1.0 discussion

enrico001u
24-01-2010, 04:12 PM
big thanks Sonic1 for uploading images :bowing-036:

I will be trying to get working on a clone this evening and will upload patched version if possible.

But just wondering if the beyonce skin thats on the 8000 version is available on the 800?

Thanks

sonic1
24-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes m8 Beyonce 1 and 2 have been added to the download server within the last hour

sonic1
24-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I have the image running in flash and I have to say it is the fastest image I have seen..

Good luck with testing and if you have any questions I will do my best to help :respect-051:

loveman
24-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Found a problem, in that I tried editing the "Deliteepgproviders.cfg" file in /etc/ for the epg updates, and it doesn't show all of the xml files I included. E.g. the satmate only shows uk, not the it (even though it's in the xml file). It doesn't show my rytec nova and nordic, even though they're there. Others appear to show ok. Dunno why though?!

Got around it by creating a script to run the different epg updates I want, and put that in to the crontab... But apart from that, it appears to be a pretty good image from my quick testings. Much slower since I imported all of the epg data :p hehe. Apart from that, great work :)

A
24-01-2010, 06:09 PM
what is dreamelite breakaway nabilo mods ??

sonic1
24-01-2010, 06:18 PM
what is dreamelite breakaway nabilo mods ??

I guess it is A but Nabilo users will still get support and updates from Nabilo board.

A
24-01-2010, 06:23 PM
but i guess no new images from there but from Dream Elite

sonic1
24-01-2010, 06:25 PM

I can not answer that as I am no longer a member of Nabilo board but I would not be surprised to see something from Nablio again at some time in the future.

A
24-01-2010, 06:27 PM
yes maybe for the Vuduo:)

sonic1
24-01-2010, 06:47 PM
@ loveman

Replace your file with this one which I have added Nova and a few more.

x5
24-01-2010, 07:15 PM

yes this is not a Nabilo Team image
This is Dream Elite image as reported on NAB site

loveman
24-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks sonic. Sorted it myself after posting (but didn't have time to come on to report as LO had to go in to the bath...). Basically, what'd happened is that I'd edited the file on my macbook, and for some reason, that messes up the returns in the files?! When editing the file on the dreambox via telnet and the vi command, the carriage returns are reported as ^m symbol.

Cheers again :)

enrico001u
25-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Wow just looked at the packet manager and could not believe how many plugins there is !!

If anyone manages to find a version patched for clones could you let us know because I tried to patch without success.
So im having to use in multi-boot

Thanks

paul362
25-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I am just trying this image out :applause-003: I have always stuck with the Nabilo images untill now so this one looks like it may well be on the 800 for a while it looks great.

echelon
25-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I have just tried this and found it to be a nightmare !

its not the 10 minutes upgrade I was told about anyway

after installing it I let it use my previous settings ( which werent up to date ) and found no cams etc under the blue button , no plugins under green button etc , it complained about crash logs and gave an error message about a previous cccam switch plugin

I tried copying my backup images from the usb stick by copying them into the new MEOBOOT backup folder , which meoboot found , but trying a restore to the usb stick resulted in various error messages about not being tar gz , out of date stuff and all sorts of errors

the result was I could not find out how to fix this image , or how to get cams installed , and could not get a backup image into the meoboot menu for booting into my previous and working fine nabilo 11G2 image using the usb stick

I am now flashing it with jan 2010 oozoon and gonna try to restore my usb images for barry allen to boot , like before , and which I had no real problems with

it has to be easier than this , but doesnt seem to be , and isnt a painless upgrade in my experience

to be honest about it , I didnt have a problem with it before I started this upgrade , and surely an upgrade should improve matters !

its currently back working with the latest oozoon in the flash , and I assume my nab11g2 image booting from MB_Images on the hdd ( which I now intend to get back onto the stick so it can boot nab11g2 from the stick like before )

maybe I would be better to start clean with backups of my cccam files etc , and a dreamboxedit backup of my channel list details , and do it as if it was a new image into the flash , no importing old stuff , a clean start more or less

I am also not convinced you can use the old barry allen images on the usb stick , and import into this new meoboot , and still have access to your old image using the usb stick , as an alternative to the new flash image

sonic1
25-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Hand on heart ech it takes me 10 mins to flash and be up and running.

Maybe at the weekend or when you have more time I will guide you with a step by step guide.

FENDOCH
25-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi m8

I'm like sonic1....Took me about 10 mins copied over my cfg files etc and it took my up to date channel list from the previous image.( backed up anyway just in case) Went into addons downloaded my emus etc and off it went.

Absolutely no problems, and I must say its a cracking image and fast.

Now have 6 latest images on stick and all working like a 'DREAM' LOL, but must say I like this one a lot.

enrico001u
25-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Iv noticed in the plugins manager there are e2 skins like swain HD it was not possible to use these with nabilo just wondering if anyone has tried them yet?

sonic1
25-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Only use the skins available from the addons server as these are the only ones compiled for the image:respect-051:

tricky2lu
26-01-2010, 12:20 PM
So can we confirm here that it is not safe to use on clone boxes ?

Would that be a Yes or a No please

sonic1
26-01-2010, 12:25 PM
So can we confirm here that it is not safe to use on clone boxes ?

Would that be a Yes or a No please

No clones are not supported by Dream Elite

nitro82
26-01-2010, 12:40 PM
big thanks Sonic1 for uploading images :bowing-036:

I will be trying to get working on a clone this evening and will upload patched version if possible.

But just wondering if the beyonce skin thats on the 8000 version is available on the 800?

Thanks

hi enrico, i'm italian as you (i think). can u tell me where i can find this image for my clone (sim 2.01 ss75)? thanks in advance... ;)

FENDOCH
26-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi

One of my contacts states that it works with him ok on USB NOT FLASH see below, and also link below

Nice Looking new Image from Dream Elite Team
h**p://www.dream-elite.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-DM800-Dream-Elite-Image-Support

Graham

Working here on clone on USB with meoboot
Do not put in Flash if Clone user, it is not patched.. use BA or meoboot
you will have to modify cam script to run CCcam with newcs
as no CCcam/newcs cofig on server yet.

Hope this helps m8s

enrico001u
26-01-2010, 01:42 PM
No im english.
just like to fool people thats all

Not possible on clone flash at the moment NO

Only with multiboot

nitro82
26-01-2010, 04:48 PM
ok enrico... thanks for the answer... do u think will be available for clones in future? because i've problems with multiboot... :(

enrico001u
26-01-2010, 05:20 PM
cant say if will be available.

But what probs do you have with multiboot?

nitro82
26-01-2010, 06:10 PM
i've installed nab bh 0.12 in flash. then installed meoboot on usb. i add img in meoboot and when it reboot it crashes. i can only start img in flash...

enrico001u
26-01-2010, 06:36 PM
If you have bootloader 72 then install nabilo 10.
install this version of nabilo
than install dream on usb or hard-drive

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=108121

harshy
27-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Hello guys,

I'm India at the moment, so just catching up on everything happening in Europe, is there any real advantages over Black Hole, ie does it do anything significantly better?

Thanks again,

harshy :)

nitro82
27-01-2010, 12:59 PM
If you have bootloader 72 then install nabilo 10.
install this version of nabilo
than install dream on usb or hard-drive

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=108121

a question... but if i install an old img i will have old drivers... right?

enrico001u
27-01-2010, 02:54 PM
yes drivers will be older but this is same for most patched versions anyway.

When they patch images they install older drivers and bootloaders to make image work.

Certain drivers can be updated but im not sure which ones.

enrico001u
27-01-2010, 03:13 PM
This I have found on another forum its not tested by me.

It is for bootloader 72

I will be testing this evening but have posted this now for anyone else who would like to test.

SSL72
Drivers 20100117 (except bcm7401, stb-core)
Enigma2 CVS: 22.1.2010
Meoboot version 0.94

Not tested !!!
WARNING! - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

loveman
27-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Just wondering, does anyone have any probs with cron on this version?

I'm running oozoon in flash latest version updated to latest drivers. Have this on usb via barry allen 5.0.33. Seems to be working fine, but I have tried running a script I have via a cron setup, and it's not been running... I then set up the epg to autoupdate via blue -> red, and that didn't run either...

Is there anything I'm missing, or anything I need to do to get it working?

echelon
28-01-2010, 01:01 AM
ok , I have installed this image into the flash with no importation of previous files

I have added cccam213 and scam 3.58 , but if I download and install the mgcamd+newcs , it wont install , and there are no other options for newcs1.67 on the server

I also get a crashlog notification wanting to send them to dream , this is using my previous channel list ( an amended cajton one ) from nabilo 0.11g2 , I can tell it not now to get around it

I also cant see how to get ecm info on the screen , its not listed in the top banner if I press ok twice , and I would also like to see the 3 second popup if I change channels , which also shows this ecm info

so if I could ask how to add mgcamd+newcs correctly , so it shows in the cam info and can be selected ?

and the ecm popup info with double ok , and also with a channel change

once I have these basics sorted I will have a look at meoboot etc , and start by adding nabilo 11g2 as a bootable image from usb , if that is possible , preferably by not importing new settings , but by adding stuff saved previously

thanks

enrico001u
28-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Ok tested the cloned version above and can confirm it works great with SS72

sonic1
28-01-2010, 10:34 AM
ok , I have installed this image into the flash with no importation of previous files

I have added cccam213 and scam 3.58 , but if I download and install the mgcamd+newcs , it wont install , and there are no other options for newcs1.67 on the server

I also get a crashlog notification wanting to send them to dream , this is using my previous channel list ( an amended cajton one ) from nabilo 0.11g2 , I can tell it not now to get around it

I also cant see how to get ecm info on the screen , its not listed in the top banner if I press ok twice , and I would also like to see the 3 second popup if I change channels , which also shows this ecm info

so if I could ask how to add mgcamd+newcs correctly , so it shows in the cam info and can be selected ?

once I have these basics sorted I will have a look at meoboot etc , and start by adding nabilo 11g2 as a bootable image from usb , if that is possible , preferably by not importing new settings , but by adding stuff saved previously

thanks

Hi echelon,
The crashlog message will always appear until you deal with them.
FTP to HDD and delete them all.

More emu's will be added to the server over the next few days including CCcam with newcs.

I will look into Mgcamd and Newcs as I am sure that was re uploaded yesterday.

As for the ecm info you have lite skin on zapping enabled.

nitro82
28-01-2010, 11:22 PM
This I have found on another forum its not tested by me.

It is for bootloader 72

I will be testing this evening but have posted this now for anyone else who would like to test.

SSL72
Drivers 20100117 (except bcm7401, stb-core)
Enigma2 CVS: 22.1.2010
Meoboot version 0.94

Not tested !!!
WARNING! - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

i've installed that img and it works perfectly. thanks

doct140
02-02-2010, 06:40 PM
working like a charm here
faster than the latest nabilo many thanks

loveman
03-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Just wondering, does anyone have any probs with cron on this version?

I'm running oozoon in flash latest version updated to latest drivers. Have this on usb via barry allen 5.0.33. Seems to be working fine, but I have tried running a script I have via a cron setup, and it's not been running... I then set up the epg to autoupdate via blue -> red, and that didn't run either...

Is there anything I'm missing, or anything I need to do to get it working?

OK, to answer my own question (in case it helps others), after working with AgentSixtynine on the dream-elite forum, we've found the problem to be barry allen messing up a file...

If you go to /etc/init.d/ and edit the file bootup, you will probably notice that towards the end of the file it states:

#Delite
echo 31 > /proc/progress
/usr/sbin/crond -c /etc/bhcron/mount /media/ba
mount /media/cf
mount /media/usb
mount /media/hdd

This should read:

#Delite
echo 31 > /proc/progress
/usr/sbin/crond -c /etc/bhcron/
mount /media/ba
mount /media/cf
mount /media/usb
mount /media/hdd

So, edit this file if you're having problems with cron, and all should be sorted. Apart from the other little epg problem I've had, but matrix has said they're hoping to sort it out, so not sure whether it's a problem with the image or the official image... Let's just hope it gets sorted out :) Great image other than this :p

sonic1
03-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Or you could follow the release notes and use the image in the flash as recommended and you would not have had these issues. ;)

canthackit
04-02-2010, 01:50 PM

thanks

echelon

i've just installed the image on the flash, d/l CCcam_214 and picons for 28.2E and 13.0E

all installed fine.

i then tried to boot into the Class skin it crashed the box, the same happened when i tried the Base skin, now it's even crashed when i tried to boot into the defalut skin.

i'm not at all impressed, going back to NE-2 it's got my fav skin anyway infinity.

regards: canthackit

sonic1
04-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Can you give me the crash log ?

canthackit
04-02-2010, 02:20 PM
unfortunately not.

they got sent to DMM.

sorry.

sonic1
04-02-2010, 02:25 PM
unfortunately not.

they got sent to DMM.

sorry.

It should still sit on your HDD until you delete them.

canthackit
04-02-2010, 06:36 PM
that's what i thought but afraid they aint there.

loveman
04-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Or you could follow the release notes and use the image in the flash as recommended and you would not have had these issues. ;)

Well, yeah. I could do that. But don't really like having just the 1 image in flash. If it dies for some strange reason, then I loose all the cccam.cfg, etc. Whereas with the image in multiboot, I can just retrieve the file if the image dies! So anyway, I've posted the fix for other people who may have the problem with ba, so not to worry :p

It should still sit on your HDD until you delete them.

Unless the plugin has been configured to delete the crashlogs after they've been sent, which is quite plausable...

canthackit
05-02-2010, 12:00 PM
well......................
i reinstalled the image on the flash, apart from a couple of minor glitches things went reasonably well.

i installed CCcam_214 and the beyonce2 skin, that worked ok everything was up and running.

i did a software update it found 22 updates and installed them then it wanted to reboot, i ok'd it..............................c rash, greenscreen, and it wont boot now keeps going to the splash screen then the GSoD.

just pulled the power, even that dont correct it still going through the same boot sequence.

no more with this image, i've had enough:beatdeadhorse5:

sonic1
05-02-2010, 12:10 PM
The image is modified from that of a DMM release, if you wish to run the software update you will overwrite the modifications made to the image.

We can remove the software update feature to stop users from doing so but then you loose functions.

Here is a quote from Matrix10 on the Dream Elite Board

And besides, Software manager is part of CVS, in which there are useful functions
such as downloading and remove some packages or plugins can be used.
The only thing is you have to learn how to use

If you do not know how to use Software Manager it is better to not use
because of the danger to destroy image.

enrico001u
05-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know if it will be possible to get key updates through dreambox menu like nabilo or are we gonna have to ftp them??

Thanks guys

sonic1
05-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Key updates will not be implented to you will have to ftp them or add your own updater such as the one by minicat.

echelon
05-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I didnt do any updates and so have not had any problems with it, and I downloaded and tested cccam214 as well, but I havent tested all the skins etc and have no intention of doing so.

my images on my usb stick work fine using meoboot

and as for cccam configs , mine are backed up onto my pc , same as channel lists etc, and do it doesnt take long to put them back into any image

sonic1
05-02-2010, 02:22 PM
For those of you that have used ptest with gbox there are now modified skins available which give you the same information but using CCcam.

They will not be added to the server but can be found on the board.

satattack
05-02-2010, 08:47 PM
the board is down now or only me ? needed cccam for elite if some1 got br:sat

sonic1
05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Yes the board is down.

Here is 2.1.4

meagain
08-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Hand on heart ech it takes me 10 mins to flash and be up and running.

Maybe at the weekend or when you have more time I will guide you with a step by step guide.

Having got my image installed and working I would like to back it up and install any updates without undoing everthing I've done. Any help would be gratefully received.

harshy
10-02-2010, 05:34 AM
is it worth it guys, I am still running Nabilo BlackHole which is very good except sometimes dish dosen't move.

loveman
10-02-2010, 11:44 PM
is it worth it guys, I am still running Nabilo BlackHole which is very good except sometimes dish dosen't move.
Is a new girlfriend worth it? Only you can make the decision... ;)

sonic1
11-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Personally I think it is the best image there is for the 800HD but then I am biased.

The only thing that you no longer have is a key updater but that really is no big deal.

echelon
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
the blackhole images I have on my usb stick , and I havent noticed any problem with them working using this image as a bootup flash

so I feel I have the best of both wrlds , and while it may not be bang up to date its certainly close and I dont feel I have lost anything

as stated above , only you can decide if you want to try it or stay as you are

harshy
12-02-2010, 03:08 AM
thanks for your reply guys, I'll stick with this image for now, see if there are new developments and think again :)

Stev0
15-02-2010, 10:23 PM
i have gone back to nabilo 12, due to the fact the crashes when just changing epg settings, crashing when trying to install addons, worked fine until you need to change something. i think its something to do with skins/web control/timers.

sonic1
16-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Post your crash log

retainedstatue
16-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Installed this to flash last night and very impressed. Was a bit wary as some seem to have had problems with crashes etc, but spent 3 hours playing with it and couldn`t get it to crash once. Did a complete fresh install as had a bit of time, so installed to flash, downloaded cccam 2.1.4, up to date channels list, picons and a couple of plugins from the addons server and put a key updater script on. Could some of the problems be down to trying to use settings etc from other images, restore backups etc?
Would recommend anyone to give this a try - great image.

sonic1
16-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I would agree with you retainedstatue, I think most of the crashes people have are self induced as the couple I have had have been when I was testing ptest skins.

Other than that it runs perfectly in flash as it was intended.

Stev0
17-02-2010, 06:53 PM
i deleted the crash logs but i got a feeling it was something to do with mediaplaye deluxe plugin i just had nabilo 12 crash on that plugin. maybe the skin im using(was same skin for bh 1.0 too)

apriliarsvr
18-02-2010, 03:29 PM
i put the image on and run the updates and it went back to the basic settings.. so i to have gone back to nab 12...!!

sonic1
18-02-2010, 03:39 PM
i put the image on and run the updates and it went back to the basic settings.. so i to have gone back to nab 12...!!

Maybe if you had read the previous page of this thread you would not have messed your image up. :rolleyes:

Killjoy
18-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Superb image thanks, all went on in 10mins just like you said :-)

I had a funny with the epg though.
Worked fine until I updated with the new provider list posted here, now box freezes on epg load. Any ideas ?

Just as an update I had it set to load to CF, loading to HDD is fine but not CF now...

loveman
18-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Superb image thanks, all went on in 10mins just like you said :-)

I had a funny with the epg though.
Worked fine until I updated with the new provider list posted here, now box freezes on epg load. Any ideas ?

Just as an update I had it set to load to CF, loading to HDD is fine but not CF now...
DM800 doesn't have a cf, only a usb or hdd (assuming you have either connected). That would probably be why cf doesn't work?! :p

Killjoy
19-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Sorry I have a DM8000, but there is no thread in that section so I posted here.

Looks like my problem is in the CF, I'll try another card.

Cheers

Stev0
20-02-2010, 12:09 PM
after reading this thread im going back to using this image giving it one more try, as it is quick / no rubbish comes with it. the only problem is the vlc player plugin where can i find that??

sonic1
20-02-2010, 12:16 PM
It can be found on DE support forum.

enrico001u
20-02-2010, 01:12 PM
and on the packet manager menu

Stev0
27-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Crashed again, dunno whats up with it, not changed anything/been messing etc. here's the crash log