PDA

View Full Version : Help thread VU+duo and your opinions/REVIEWS !

Pages : [1] 2 3

A
25-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Just for people who need help no comparisions to any other boxes in here please

A
25-01-2010, 04:39 PM
I am trying to install sats manually everytime I go to positioner setup it crashes Using gemini 8000 image on USB
wHAT CAN BE WRONG , i am setting it up the same way as a DM 800
I have sets the sats from tuner configuration using just one tuner here
Its with all DM 8000, 800 images but not true when I use VTI there positioner set up does not hang
Any idea ??

A
25-01-2010, 05:35 PM
let us know what images you are using

A
25-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Just finished sort of playing with it
Great box picture quality better than my DM 800
Using PLI NOW.
All the other engima 2 images can be loaded on this box 85 % of the plugins will work but some like positioner setup does not work except on images VTI and PLI.
So if you want to do a manual setup then as far as I know just VTI or PLI will be fine. On a fixed settings no problems.
More later

kleinerjunge
25-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Hi A!

Why we cannot have a VU+ section at satpimps.co.uk?? :respect-049:

cu
KJ

A
25-01-2010, 08:33 PM
It depends on the boss :respect-050:

supathug
25-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi All!

Just got my VU+ today. Quite excited but still a bit of a noob at this stuff. LOL. Hopefully once I get going I'll be able to do a decent review for everyone. Anyone know where I can get the latest VTI image from so I can hook it up and tinker?

A
25-01-2010, 08:42 PM
h-t-t-p://www.vuplus-support.com/wbb2/database.php

supathug
25-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Cheers A, I thought only the original images came off that site. Guess I was wrong. Im gonna have to help Bobonthejob out with all this too once he gets his dish up - hopefully I'll know loads more by then. Just about to put the hard drive in. Will let you guys know how I get on

A
25-01-2010, 09:12 PM
yes ask here many guys have the box sure they will help out I am still just giving it the stick seeing what image is good for me

supathug
25-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi A, Ok - got the HDD (not the easiest thing in the world) - LOL. Does the supplied SATA cable power the drive as I couldnt find another power connector for the drive? Also, got the latest VTI image on there now and have hooked up to 28.2. I cant seem to see any channels though. I know its connected as I have done an auto scan and it has found aroun 120 FTA channels. Any idea what I might have to look for?

supathug
25-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Ok, Have managed to get to all the FTA channels I scanned But it says my HDD isnt initialised or found. Does anyone know how to initialise it as it doesnt say in the manual?!

bobonthejob
25-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey 'A', 'Supathug' hows it going guys.

Not fair...got my box...but no dish :(

The guy did not have the correct bracket for the dish....Guess i have to wait a few more days. Supathug, how you getting on. Things becoming cany clearer now? lol . This newbie lark is not helping us.

Thanks all for your help...as ive said it before...I will come running back when stuck :)

selobaba
26-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Ok, Have managed to get to all the FTA channels I scanned But it says my HDD isnt initialised or found. Does anyone know how to initialise it as it doesnt say in the manual?!

hi mate,

to initialise the hdd go to system/harddisk initialise with the red button on the rcu.

if receiver cant find your hdd, temporarily connect to your pc and delete the partition, than install in the receiver and try above.

selo :respect-051:

selobaba
26-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey 'A', 'Supathug' hows it going guys.

Not fair...got my box...but no dish :(

The guy did not have the correct bracket for the dish....Guess i have to wait a few more days. Supathug, how you getting on. Things becoming cany clearer now? lol . This newbie lark is not helping us.

Thanks all for your help...as ive said it before...I will come running back when stuck :)
Any help you need Ill try my best to help you, as I do have quite some info about this box from several forums in europe..

supathug
26-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Thanks Selo - Think I was being dumb. Bob told me there was a hidden power cable for the HDD which is probably why mine isnt working LOL!

OK - Ive flashed the box with the latest VTI image and am connected up with my dual LNB sly minidish to 28.2 and have done a channel scan but can only see a few channels (I know I only get FTA at this point but I thought that all the sly uk channels would come up in the scan but they dont seem to) - do i need some sort of channel bouquet for sly uk?

My second question is - Ive installed CCCam but it doesnt show up in the plugin menu. Is this normal? If so - once I get a C line from someone providing sly uk and add it to my cccam.cfg, will all the sly UK channels show up then after a scan or am i missing something?

Sorry for being such a noob. Ive done loads of reading on this so far but most of it seems to revolve around DM machines. I did think about insalling barry allen to install an image to follow a DM 800 cccam tut but wanted to stay on an image built for my box for stability so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

selobaba
26-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Just finished sort of playing with it
Great box picture quality better than my DM 800
Using PLI NOW.
All the other engima 2 images can be loaded on this box 85 % of the plugins will work but some like positioner setup does not work except on images VTI and PLI.
So if you want to do a manual setup then as far as I know just VTI or PLI will be fine. On a fixed settings no problems.
More later
Positioner setup works with all images with all =9= of them, best way to install rotor settings is, get the latest rotor settings from vuplusduo forum, than copy and replace the satxml in etc/tuxbox,, after that etc/enigma2 open that file and delete the contents, than copy the rotor settins in to this folder, than switch off the receiver from behind wait for 30 seconds reboot all your channels will be there,

also best rotor setting is with usals, if you have twin lnb ( like I do ) set the first tuner with your correct lat/ long values and the second tuner to as connected second motorised lnb option, this way you can record two channels @ once...

selobaba
26-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks Selo - Think I was being dumb. Bob told me there was a hidden power cable for the HDD which is probably why mine isnt working LOL!

OK - Ive flashed the box with the latest VTI image and am connected up with my dual LNB sly minidish to 28.2 and have done a channel scan but can only see a few channels (I know I only get FTA at this point but I thought that all the sly uk channels would come up in the scan but they dont seem to) - do i need some sort of channel bouquet for sly uk?

My second question is - Ive installed CCCam but it doesnt show up in the plugin menu. Is this normal? If so - once I get a C line from someone providing sly uk and add it to my cccam.cfg, will all the sly UK channels show up then after a scan or am i missing something?

Sorry for being such a noob. Ive done loads of reading on this so far but most of it seems to revolve around DM machines. I did think about insalling barry allen but wanted to stay on an image built for my box for stability.

you need to install cccam info plugin in the cams plugin, that way you can see all the cccam info and more, vti image will have a face lift soon there youll see the cccam on the blue button...

selo

supathug
26-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks Selo - Ill try that. Once I've done that and got my C Line would I still need a bouquet to see all sly uk or will they come up on an autoscan?

selobaba
26-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Thanks Selo - Ill try that. Once I've done that and got my C Line would I still need a bouquet to see all sly uk or will they come up on an autoscan? you should be getting that with fresh scan.....btw sly minidish and lnb, is not the right hardware to compliment this receiver, you need a minimum 90 cm dish with diseqc motor and a 0.1db twin lnb than your talking..

A
26-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Positioner setup works with all images with all =9= of them, best way to install rotor settings is, get the latest rotor settings from vuplusduo forum, than copy and replace the satxml in etc/tuxbox,, after that etc/enigma2 open that file and delete the contents, than copy the rotor settins in to this folder, than switch off the receiver from behind wait for 30 seconds reboot all your channels will be there,

also best rotor setting is with usals, if you have twin lnb ( like I do ) set the first tuner with your correct lat/ long values and the second tuner to as connected second motorised lnb option, this way you can record two channels @ once...

I need to set it up manually the rotor as I have 2-3 boxes using same rotor now when I load PLI AND VTI its ok but with Gemini if I load it it just crashes the image when I go to positioner set up.
Normally if I set position numbers 1 hotbird , 2 astra1, 3- eurobird..... its ok
I have rotor sats from 42E to 30W.
I will try a fresh install today

A
26-01-2010, 06:21 AM

Sorry for being such a noob. Ive done loads of reading on this so far but most of it seems to revolve around DM machines. I did think about insalling barry allen to install an image to follow a DM 800 cccam tut but wanted to stay on an image built for my box for stability so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

also from plugins install VTI user script plugin with this you can restart stop ccam
THIS BOX IS SAME AS DM 800 or any other engima2 when installing firmwares and it works the same way too so what goes for a DM BOX enigma2 GOES FOR THIS EXCEPT few plugins may not work right now like subtitles......
CCCAM 100 % OK with both card readers. Newcs NOT OK, others I dont use.
So inshort you can install a DM 800 IMAGE OR DM 8000 IMAGE on this box BUT ONLY ON USB STICK NOT ON FLASH ! IT WORKS.

To install Barry allen:
1. Put latest VTI image 2.4 or later on flash as that has the updated drivers, and update software.
2. Insert FAT 32 USB. REBOOT.
3. From image plugins download Barry allen 5.0.33
4. Open DCC or whatever FTP client send image you want to install to MB images ATTRIBUTE 755.
5. FROM barry allen menu as its installed (PLUGIN IN MENU) select extract nfi. from MB images. Maybe name needs to shortened for some images.
Follow on screen what Mr Barry Allen says.
6. Again from Barry Allen plugin menu select image for booting
You are done.:king-041:
You can read more on Barry allen in the dreambox sections.

bobonthejob
26-01-2010, 09:28 AM
@selo - Hey Mate...Do you recommend a 90cm Dish? I was looking to get at 80cm Orbital. I should be able to swing that with the missus.

Above you were also saying to amend each LNB individually? would you set one for one position and the other for another position? Im confisued.

supathug
26-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks for your help A - ill try that as it should make it easier to follow some tuts that I have seen! Selo - the motorised dish is in the works once I have a few more $ to spend LOL.

As for the lack of channels, I checked the tuner settings and noticed that I was only scanning on one transponder. Which setting would I have to choose to scan all of the channels on 28.2E on all transponders? Also, is there a way to organise all the channels that I have scanned to be ordered in sly uk - i.e. predefined bouquets?

A
26-01-2010, 09:59 AM
see network scan is on for SKY even 1 transponder and network scan will pull in all the channels or use entire satellite and network scan as ON

supathug
26-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks A - I'll do that later and let you know how I get on! Just putting white card in seemed to clear the few channels that I did find so that was good. All I need to do now is to find a better way to organise the channels I do find to something that I'm more used to. Hopefully some more reading will sort me out.

A
26-01-2010, 10:11 AM
uSE DREAMBOX EDIT 3.0

OldSkul
26-01-2010, 11:56 AM
just to inform you. Omnikey 3121 reader works in vu+ duo. I installed it today and it works great with my card. Too bad that TWO (yes two) readers are useless with newcs.

A
26-01-2010, 12:21 PM
it will be fixed because if ccam works newcs will be. I also need subtitles to be fixed

OldSkul
26-01-2010, 01:33 PM
subtitles apperantly worked with some early software. Also somebody on PLi forum said that if he is watching TV using VLC, he can see subtitles!
Can somebody test?

A
26-01-2010, 01:39 PM
on some channels it works the subtitles via menu and on gemini it works on most channels bug seems to be with VTI and PLI images

jimrare
26-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I installed it today and it works great with my card. Too bad that TWO (yes two) readers are useless with newcs.
Can the owners tell us which cards are working or not? I posted a question in the locked thread if irdeto cards are working, but nobody answered. Also tell us how you got it working (internal reader or external, newcs, cccam, ...)

OldSkul
26-01-2010, 01:47 PM
on some channels it works the subtitles via menu and on gemini it works on most channels bug seems to be with VTI and PLI images

are you reffering to DVB subtitles or TXT?
Which channels have you tested?
I have VTI image in flash and because of that (probably) i cannot see any subtitles in other images.

About cardreader. Internal cardreaders only work with oscam (svn 680, newest versions dont work lol) and cccam. Newcs doesnt work at all. Today i installed omnikey reader. You can find instructions on google (omnikey + dreambox). Its quite simple. You need to install drivers and change two things in newcs. Also you need to replace newcs file with newcs for omnikey readers.

supathug
26-01-2010, 02:52 PM
For what its worth sly white card confirmed working in slot 2

A
26-01-2010, 03:46 PM
txt if thats what its called for the TV channels.

OldSkul
26-01-2010, 05:21 PM
txt subtitles arent the same thing as dvb subtitles. These are more important...

A
26-01-2010, 05:33 PM
yes i think so

A
26-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Can the owners tell us which cards are working or not? I posted a question in the locked thread if irdeto cards are working, but nobody answered. Also tell us how you got it working (internal reader or external, newcs, cccam, ...)
will check this card tomorrow and let you know
Irdeto card
Caid 608 ACS 1542 MCR

A
26-01-2010, 06:13 PM
For me the most stable till now is PLI image with default skin.
New improved image daily from here:
h-tt-p://w-w-w.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=/vuduo

The PLi® development team. We develop alternative firmware for linux based DVB receivers. We will only be discussing firmware images (software) for the Dream Multi Media(DM) set top boxes . Currently, we support theVu+ Duo set top boxes and the DreamBox series of DVB-S2, DVB-S, DVB-C and DVB-T receivers. We do not support the new DM100 series of set top boxes (as they are not linux based)

Please understand that;
our PLi® software is tested on and only made for the original Vu+ Duo and DM boxes, and it is important you understand this fact. Other (alternative) boxes may have some incompatibilities, but we can't design for that. Although at the moment there are no plans to support other brands of receivers, this might change in the future.

bobonthejob
26-01-2010, 07:42 PM
'A' - You reckon a 80cm dish will be ok?

supathug
26-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Guys,

Tried A's settings for tuning on both tuners and am still getting only 119 services on 19.2E, nowhere near the full compliment that I receive with my sly box. Ive tried an autoscan, manual scan on both tuners but both just receive the same 119 channels. When I plug my sly box back in, everything comes up straight away so it is defo the box but I just dont know what im doing wrong. Maybe I will reflash the image and start from scratch. Before I do that does anyone have any final things I can try?

A
26-01-2010, 07:44 PM
what image are u using ?

supathug
26-01-2010, 07:46 PM
im using the latest VTI image you pointed me towards yesterday.

A
26-01-2010, 07:51 PM
ok u can load any ready channel lists , also try putting cable direct from dish to first tuner. OR.. first try this if u have not already done it:
Do a manual scan of entire satellite on astra1 but see u have NETWORK SCAN ON

supathug
26-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Manual scan done of whole satellite with same results. Will try finding and loading manual channel lists next and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

A
26-01-2010, 07:57 PM
I just hope from the tuner configuration u have the correct sats enabled
DO read on installation in the DM 800 SECTION, theres loads of info there which applies to this box

hanswurscht
26-01-2010, 08:13 PM
all Cards are running which run on other STBs if your favorite Cardreader is running with SCIs.
If a Version is not running, its all running on external Reader to 100%

OScam does not run, only two confirmed Versions(some early), but with this all Cards are running which are running on other Boxes with this OScam Buildnumber (its 680 and 820 for now, maybe other Versions works,too)

dubious
26-01-2010, 08:20 PM
ignore

Keano
26-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Guys,

Tried A's settings for tuning on both tuners and am still getting only 119 services on 19.2E, nowhere near the full compliment that I receive with my sly box. Ive tried an autoscan, manual scan on both tuners but both just receive the same 119 channels. When I plug my sly box back in, everything comes up straight away so it is defo the box but I just dont know what im doing wrong. Maybe I will reflash the image and start from scratch. Before I do that does anyone have any final things I can try?

I got a funny feeling you are scanning the wrong sat.

You do know that you should be scanning 28.5e and 28.2e and not 19.2e ?

Keano
26-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Just to let you guys know mkv files with DTS don't playback any audio.
Pictures OK but no sound.

If anyone knows a simple way of converting DTS to AC3 let me know.

Cheers

A
26-01-2010, 09:47 PM
@Keano what image are you using ?

selobaba
26-01-2010, 10:10 PM
For me the most stable till now is PLI image with default skin.
New improved image daily from here:
h-tt-p://w-w-w.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=/vuduo

The PLi® development team. We develop alternative firmware for linux based DVB receivers. We will only be discussing firmware images (software) for the Dream Multi Media(DM) set top boxes . Currently, we support theVu+ Duo set top boxes and the DreamBox series of DVB-S2, DVB-S, DVB-C and DVB-T receivers. We do not support the new DM100 series of set top boxes (as they are not linux based)

Please understand that;
our PLi® software is tested on and only made for the original Vu+ Duo and DM boxes, and it is important you understand this fact. Other (alternative) boxes may have some incompatibilities, but we can't design for that. Although at the moment there are no plans to support other brands of receivers, this might change in the future.

Here to check the daily changelogs.

http://openpli.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openpli/openembedded;a=shortlog

A
26-01-2010, 10:25 PM
yes so new drivers already on this mornings update

Keano
26-01-2010, 10:35 PM
@Keano what image are you using ?

m8 now using the latest PLi image. Its OK and stable enough for me its just the DTS problem. I had this problem on the cuberevo with E2 also. mkv with AC3 is ok but most mkv films on the net are DTS.

A
26-01-2010, 10:37 PM
put this to them at PLi they will fix it they are good with enigma2, it takes time as the guys work all day so its just weekends and nights where they can fix
I am using PLI too will update again tomorrow when new image comes

Likvid
26-01-2010, 10:50 PM
m8 now using the latest PLi image. Its OK and stable enough for me its just the DTS problem. I had this problem on the cuberevo with E2 also. mkv with AC3 is ok but most mkv films on the net are DTS.

Is it better image quality with E2 and Vu+ compared to 9000HD and E2?

supathug
26-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi Keano,

You just might be onto something there fella. Mrs is watching TV right now so cant try - but will report back with what I get. Do I need to scan both 28.5 and 28.2 or do they have the same stuff on them. Reason I ask is because I have a fixed minidish with 2 LNBs so I guess its only pointing at one of them.

dubious
27-01-2010, 12:20 AM
its a pli open for dm8000, someone change the name to vuduo...

selo:smash:

Hmm, It's posted in the VU Duo section of the board whose initials are SU !

I will edit my post and remove reference to it then, I suggest you do the same in the post above.

It is posted on there by elgeneral who is also a member here and the usb image doesn't look like a 8k image !

A
27-01-2010, 08:44 AM
IRDETO CARD WORKING ! Irdeo card can need some cam key and cam data and will take 1 min. to come on as it needs emm always.
Just reporting this as someone asked.
REMEMBER
Sci 1 is the lower slot and
Sci 0 is the upper slot

A
27-01-2010, 11:31 AM
New Original 2.6 Image

Release note

1. Subtitle problem fixed

OldSkul
27-01-2010, 11:32 AM
there is already new software for vu+ (original software).
Changes are:

1. Subtitle problem fixed

and two new drivers.

Maybe they fixed DVB subtitles. Can someone check?

bobonthejob
27-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey all...

Dont have my dish up yet :)

But couldnt wait to turn the baby on. Have done and flashed it with the 26th PLi image. Anyone putting there hands up for any other image?

I also looked to download barry allen but it was not there in the list of plugins? Where can or how can i get this.

Thanks in advance all.

A
27-01-2010, 02:34 PM
wait a day new images coming as new drivers are out
You should install VTI image in flash as that has plugin install for barry allen

tinnit0
27-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Can anyone say somthing about media player abillities. ISO? Userfriendly? etc..

OldSkul
27-01-2010, 02:45 PM
i advice you not to use BA. Why? Because there is some unstability with images for DMs. Also there is high RAM usage, at least with nabilo 0.12
Tomorrow i will install new pli image, because it will have new drivers included (i hope).

bobonthejob
27-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Cool.. BA ....will stay away from oldskul. Will download and flash with tomorrows image. I guess this is one of those where you have to keep on flashing till as stable image is released?

How does this affect your channel listing? Is this something you can save and then just import into an image?

Whats the general concensus on what image to use at the moment?

A
27-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Use dreambox edit 3.0 to save your settings atleast the channels
Images are okay a little buggy but much better than when the DM 800 came out THAT was a pain but in 4 weeks they have done a decent job and a new image a day from PLI is not bad.
If this box is not fixed no one will buy their solo model AND DM 500HD is coming very soon so competition is hotting up

hanswurscht
27-01-2010, 05:56 PM
PLI is good and very fast with new Drivers, but far away from perfect.
Have had a lot of Trouble with it with some Skins, some Cam, and some we are sorry and reboots.
Im back to VTI, this is working best for now after flashing with Lan and RS232 (NOT USB for the very first Time!)
Have had also Problems with VTI Image after flashing USB, dunno why.
Lan and RS232 is only needed on this actual VTI, seems to be a bug in Image.
After that flashing it is working like a Charme :)
Also killed this mediaplayer, its terrible for me.
Taken homeys Mediacenter, this is much better because I know it well from DM800

kebien
27-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Keano
Look for "popcorn MKV audio converter"
Fast and accurate,can keep or delete the DTS audio track (simply convert to ac3).
Doesn't touch the video.

A
27-01-2010, 06:42 PM
PLI is good and very fast with new Drivers, but far away from perfect.
Have had a lot of Trouble with it with some Skins, some Cam, and some we are sorry and reboots.
Im back to VTI, this is working best for now after flashing with Lan and RS232 (NOT USB for the very first Time!)
Have had also Problems with VTI Image after flashing USB, dunno why.
Lan and RS232 is only needed on this actual VTI, seems to be a bug in Image.
After that flashing it is working like a Charme :)
Also killed this mediaplayer, its terrible for me.
Taken homeys Mediacenter, this is much better because I know it well from DM800
i cant get motor to turn with vti with pli is ok.
New drivers came today + fixes for subs so tomorrow 28.1.2010 PLi image should be better.

supathug
27-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Keano,

just wanted to say thanks for your advice. It worked. I scanned around 1000 channels when switching to 28.2E. Dunno why I had it on 19.2 - must be in my head from Astra 1d days LOL. Anyways, ive got my channel lists so im going to try and sort them all out today using dreamboxedit! Wish me luck.

A
27-01-2010, 07:47 PM
what image u got and what dish set up ?

bobonthejob
27-01-2010, 08:51 PM
@ 'A' - supathug has a standard sly dish at the moment. He is on PLi image (26th). Sorry to jump in supathug....hope you are fairing well...

'A' - i will hopefully have my dish on Friday so i can put it up over the weekend (hope he weather holds up). I have made my fly leads already. Will be a Orbital 80cm dish, with TM 2600 motor. Dual output irdeto LNB. Reckon it'll be ok?

Bob

A
27-01-2010, 09:02 PM
yes will be TRY it thats the fun.
These linux toys are are pain but when you get them working they are the best:lurk5:

bobonthejob
27-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Excellent....cant wait till i get the dish...

A
27-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah and keep the asprin closeby too

bobonthejob
27-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I am going to attempt to point the dish at 0.8 W Thor. If i have the dish in genereally the correct direction....Do i just tell the reciever that i am pointing to 0.8W and it should then show the strength of the signal...

I recall seeing the satellite finder or something or other in the setup menus.

Also ...if i have dual ouput LNB...then...in the 'Configuring Satellite connection'... am i best to Go for the 'Configuration Mode' of 'Equal to'? or just go thorough 'Configuration Mode' of simple and 'Mode' as 'positioner'

aggghhhhhh. My head is hurting...Please excuse me for my many questions.

A
27-01-2010, 09:58 PM
just go for the advanced mode in tuner configuration and first choose your sat configuration for one tuner or both
To see the signal you can use the satfinder or just manual scan with correct frequency will show you signal too if you are on the right sat

supathug
27-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi Guys now up and running with CCCam on a test C line that I have been given. Thanks for all your help and support thus far. Is there anything I can do on my side to calm down the freezing that im getting - once every minute or so, or is that all due to there being too many peers on this server?

A
28-01-2010, 06:46 AM
if you have just this one C:line and it freezes its nothing you can do especially with sly channels, true too many peers. Downloading also causes freezing with Cccam.

supathug
28-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Thanks A - I thought as much. I'll be on the hunt for another server. Thanks.

OldSkul
28-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Ok, i tested new pli image. Subtitles work on digitv channels. BUt not all subtitles work on Total TV channels. They work on Discovery and NGC but dont work on Viasat channels (TV 1000, History, Explorer).

Also i noticed that cccam hangs after some "tuner failed" messages. Tuner failes messages i got because switch is not working well because of cold weather .(

irishchris
28-01-2010, 02:26 PM
woooooohoooooooooo ordered my vu+ duo last night. shame you cant get it anywhere accross europe that is not backdated. mine should be available from 2 feb for dispatch - fingers crossed!! sold off my azbox for half what i paid for it but best to get rid it was rubbish!

just wondering how everyone is finding ccam in terms of freeze - is there any?

also i have a motorised cable and a cable off a fixed dish - is it possible to set the vu up to reieve separate signals like that? say record off sly uk on fixed dish on one tuner and watch say digi tv on other tuner?

also was wondering if there is an emulator for digi tv as a plugin for vu?

any help would be appreciated guys

cheers

A
28-01-2010, 02:40 PM
yes when it have 2 tuners u can CCcam is ok

irishchris
28-01-2010, 02:46 PM
emulator for digi tv? keys?

sapi100
28-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Yes,digi tv ok

A
28-01-2010, 05:54 PM
emulator for digi tv? keys?
When you have ccam running and keys in key folder the EMU for all possible decoding channels is ok via var/keys ATLEAST IN THIS BOX.
The only bug for me is when I go to sirus 4.8 east PG, etc jsut dont decode and cccam hangs, need to restart, EVEN then but those channels dont decode for me via the EMU.

hanswurscht
28-01-2010, 07:52 PM
something is wrong with there symbolic Link to usr/keys.
Rights are always 700 after reboot and not 755 as set.
So perhaps this is the fault for some Cams which need this Folder with all rights like ccc and mgcamd.
Also mbox use this folder and will not start with script unless you have changed rights to 755

OldSkul
28-01-2010, 07:55 PM
mbox is past, i switched to cccam two days ago. I can also confirm that cccam can use internal reader. Superb

Also i noticed problems with cccam. Sometimes just hangs! And iam not the only one. Apperanty some transponders are the main problem (on 4.8E, 16E and 1W). Check PLi forum for more info.

A
28-01-2010, 07:58 PM
yes I read there I have same problem on 4.8 east but not on 1 west

foggy
29-01-2010, 12:12 AM
I am wondering if i should cancel mine and get a dm8000, does the dm have all these hang ups?

A
29-01-2010, 09:55 AM
DM has its own hang ups not the same kind
My DM 800 is still buggy but much better than a year back so difficult to say if you should cancel

foggy
29-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I just want a box that works, after a year or so with the ipbox 9000 and lots of crashes all the time, i thought that this was going to be a good bet. I know it very new but i have read you guys having some problems, and made me think should i just bite the bullet and get a dm8000. The price of the dm is made better for me as i have just a paypal case refund me £315, so i am in credit on my card by that much. Meaning the dm would look like cost £500ish to my other half when i go to pay the bill :D

hanswurscht
29-01-2010, 03:35 PM
my Future looking glasses are in repair, so I cant answer :)

A
29-01-2010, 04:39 PM
where is your crystal ball ??:biggrinjester:

OldSkul
29-01-2010, 04:58 PM
can someone test this new transponder on 10832 (V) 27500 - 16E position
I dont know FEC, just set to automatic
CCCam hangs there...

OldSkul
29-01-2010, 06:27 PM
cccam also hangs here:
Thor 5 (0.8W) - 12128.00 H - Txp: C22 - Beam: Europe DVB-S2 (8PSK) - 30000 3/4 (68.0 Mbps) - NID:70 - TID:42

History HD..!!

A
29-01-2010, 06:31 PM
I try these tomorrow I have this problem as I wrote above on one transponder on Sirus 4.8e

xanadu
29-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I just want a box that works, after a year or so with the ipbox 9000 and lots of crashes all the time, i thought that this was going to be a good bet. I know it very new but i have read you guys having some problems, and made me think should i just bite the bullet and get a dm8000. The price of the dm is made better for me as i have just a paypal case refund me £315, so i am in credit on my card by that much. Meaning the dm would look like cost £500ish to my other half when i go to pay the bill :D

Sorry to be boring, but my Azbox HD never crashes.

I did consider trying a VU+ but when Keano said it crashed all the time that brought flashbacks back of my old TM9100 that everyone was saying how great it was when it first came out, but in reality it was rubbish. :D

None of these new boxes are perfect!

If anything the newer the box, the worse they are in terms of support.

A
29-01-2010, 09:43 PM
It does not crash all the time bascially it has 3-4 bugs which all have reported
On these transponders too it dont crash you just need to restart CCcam.
I have both DM 800 AND THIS VU+ so I can honestly say its not crap.

AND IF THEY DONT FIX SOME BUGS SOON mines going on e-bay on 28.02.2010 :D:D
I have had more misery with DMM 800 when it came out than this box. Today ofcourse the DM 800 rocks:sifone:

The bugs in general as reported for VU+:
1. Subtitles not functioning well
2. CCCcam hangs on 3-4 known transponders
3. Positioner setup works on some images only.
4. On tuner change CCCam may hang at times.

Its not a DMM product so DMM images are gonna cause some misery when you use those images on this box but 90 % of a DM image works on this box.

Likvid
30-01-2010, 12:13 AM
@A

You would recommend the DM800 over the V+ Duo ?

quibath
30-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Sorry to be boring, but my Azbox HD never crashes.

I did consider trying a VU+ but when Keano said it crashed all the time that brought flashbacks back of my old TM9100 that everyone was saying how great it was when it first came out, but in reality it was rubbish. :D

None of these new boxes are perfect!

If anything the newer the box, the worse they are in terms of support.

Hi
And sorry but can we keep this

Help thread VU+duo and your opinions

Just for people who need help no comparisions to anyother boxes in here please

BR,Q

A
30-01-2010, 07:33 AM
@A

The VU+ software has seen 5 weeks of development while DM 800 is 100 weeks old. VU+ the box is doing great at startup I see no reason it will fail. Its sold out in Europe why ? because its the first box that has come out doing Enigma 2 and a fully working CCcam client + server. The picture quality is superb. Tuner is much better than a DM800 .
The bugs are minimal as when compared to when the DM 800 came out
There is no SID IN PAT problems IN VU+ :respect-017: not for me atleast.

If you want a 90 % ready box working fine, buy a DM 800.
If you want a 75 % ready box working fine, buy a V+DUO.

Why did I buy the VU+ ?
because I needed a box with HD and which does CCcam both ways SERVER AND CLIENT THIS VU+ DOES THAT and also to see what the hype was about:001_302: and to WATCH TV.

Yes it works on all DMM enigma 2 images on multiboot I dont think any other box does that, for me they work fine, using DM800 gemini 4.6 image here and PLI.
This box is a DMM competitor NOT killer it may kill them in the future only God knows that. One needs to pay for software development NOTHING is free today.
DM 800 has most of its software sorted VU+ is getting there if it does not get there soon their new VU Solo will be unsold, its a bigger risk for them than us.
I wont comment more on the 2 boxes.
Lets keep this thread to a help one. Start a new thread if someone wants to bash this box

OldSkul
30-01-2010, 10:10 AM
@A

vu+ still has some problems, so if you want 90% working box - DM800 as user A said, then buy it.
If you want to wait alittle, then buy VU+.

terrybobs
30-01-2010, 09:35 PM
@ A have you got a motorised system working with this box? I am running the latest pli 20100129 image but I am missing something so obvious as I can't seem to or does the image not support usals.l

regards terrybobs

ps must say I like this receiver I also have DM/500/600/7020

A
30-01-2010, 09:47 PM
the image any one supports USALS. Go into tuner configuration and see you are in advanced mode you will find USALS option at the end of the list and read this as its same as DM 800 set up
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=89468

selobaba
31-01-2010, 01:35 AM
come on guys I don't believe you, comparing this superb box to dm800, if your gonna copmare, compare to dm8000. I dont know what to say anymore, 7000 units sold in two weeks??????

selo :respect-023:

selobaba
31-01-2010, 01:37 AM
@ A have you got a motorised system working with this box? I am running the latest pli 20100129 image but I am missing something so obvious as I can't seem to or does the image not support usals.l

regards terrybobs

ps must say I like this receiver I also have DM/500/600/7020

IT supports usal's perfectly,,

tuner settings/simple/positioner,,,,,:smash:

selobaba
31-01-2010, 01:45 AM
It does not crash all the time bascially it has 3-4 bugs which all have reported
On these transponders too it dont crash you just need to restart CCcam.
I have both DM 800 AND THIS VU+ so I can honestly say its not crap.

AND IF THEY DONT FIX SOME BUGS SOON mines going on e-bay on 28.02.2010 :D:D
I have had more misery with DMM 800 when it came out than this box. Today ofcourse the DM 800 rocks:sifone:

The bugs in general as reported for VU+:
1. Subtitles not functioning well
2. CCCcam hangs on 3-4 known transponders
3. Positioner setup works on some images only.
4. On tuner change CCCam may hang at times.

Its not a DMM product so DMM images are gonna cause some misery when you use those images on this box but 90 % of a DM image works on this box.

100 % dm images work my friend , and if you dont like the box sell it to me, I pay you the full price,,,

and if your satellite guy, you should know the difference between this and dm 800, proper full size receiver and a router size receiver, and the difference????? I let you work that out..

selobaba
31-01-2010, 01:50 AM
This box wipes the floor with dm800 in every way.

kebien
31-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Bah,you got to be kidding.
No need to bash the dm800 because you have a receiver that is able to use E2.
You actually have a dm800 in another box,given all features works the same.
You have to drop the issue you have with dm800,forget about it,you already bought the box you like.
Now,having here a dm800 dual tuner,I can tell you more about the VU+ when it gets here,who knows if in the middle of february or later.
Meanwhile,do not drift the topic talking about a dm800,no need to.
Cannot really hype a box that do exactly the same,is silly.
Remember most nobody wants to hear propaganda,only the truth and honest tests you can do,your opinion do not make a box better than another.

Likvid
31-01-2010, 03:23 AM
They could have made it better looking than it does, only thing that annoys me.

A
31-01-2010, 09:43 AM
You have to drop the issue you have with dm800,forget about it,you already bought the box you like.
Now,having here a dm800 dual tuner,I can tell you more about the VU+ when it gets here,who knows if in the middle of february or later.
Remember most nobody wants to hear propaganda,only the truth and honest tests you can do,your opinion do not make a box better than another.
exactly KEEP TO THE THREAD TITLE HELP BUGS.... FOR THE V+DUO

OldSkul
31-01-2010, 11:19 AM
10834.00MHz, pol.V SR:27500 FEC:5/6
16E sat

Cccam always hangs here. I also noticed wierd RC behaviour. It sometimes work OK, but sometimes keys are not registred...

A
31-01-2010, 11:36 AM
16 east 1 transponder, 4.8 east 1 transponder and 0.8 west 1 transponder is where this hanging of Cccam is rest ok

OldSkul
31-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Its not transponder problem because not all channels are problematic. For example.
HBO Comedy which has cryptoworks and NDS encryption, always hangs CCcam.
OBN which is on same transponder but has only NDS encryption, does not hang CCcam!

Sirius 4 (4.8E) - 12111.00 H
Here are also cryptoworks channels...

A
31-01-2010, 11:57 AM
so problem is cryptoworks ? No because digiturk is crypto + irdeto thats ok
Its a tuner driver issue but cant be sure

terrybobs
31-01-2010, 11:57 AM
hi again still struggling with the motorised side tried both advanced and positioner my dish is "stuck" on 28.2 east any help on how to manually turn it to thor 1 west assuming this as to be my start point, and yes lets keep this thread to to the title.

regards terrybobs

A
31-01-2010, 12:04 PM
STAGE 1.

GOTO Main Menu \ Setup \ Service Searching \ Tuning
Press "OK" on "TUNER A"
Use L/R keys to change Configuration Mode to "advanced"
Move down to "SATELLITE"
Use L/R keys to select the satellite you want to add
Underneath that set "Use USALS" for this satellite to "no" using L/R keys
Go down to "Stored position"
Set the position you want to this satellite to appear at using L/R keys ie 001, 002 etc
Go down to "LNB"
Use L/R keys to select "LNB 1"
Next ensure "Diseqc Mode" is " 1.2"
"Toneburst" is "B"
(I left the others at the default setting's)
Go further down and input your Latitude and Longtitude using the numeric keys
(I inputted my Lat & Long information but I don't think it will make any difference unless you use USALS !)
Scroll further down to "LOF" and set it to "Universal LNB" using the L/R keys
Then Press "OK" to save the info you have inputted.

You will need to perform this for each Satellite position you intend to set up.

STAGE 2.

GOTO back to Main Menu \ Setup \ Service Searching \ Positioner setup
Go down to "Positioner storage"
Use L/R keys to set the postion number that is to be setup
Go up to "Tune"
Press the "Red Button"
Using L/R keys select "Predefined or Manual transponder" as required
(I suspect the Predefined settings uses the satellites.xml file and manual you get to choose what you want to scan)
Go down to "Satellite" and use the L/R keys to select the Satellite to place at the above Storage postion
Press "OK"
Go down to "Positioner movement"
Use the coloured buttons to search or move the dish left or right until "Locked" is acheived
Go back to "Positioner storage"
Press the GREEN button to store that location

You will need to perform this for each position you intend to set up in line with what you did in stage 1.

This is the way that I did it and it works fine, it looks daunting but after having done it a couple of times it becomes easy.

:::::This text is from the vuplus-support forum.

terrybobs
31-01-2010, 12:31 PM
yes think I am there now thanks for that
regards

terrybobs
31-01-2010, 01:44 PM
what worked for me setup/tunerconfig/pick satellite everything as you said but usals on save/ exit satfind pick the same satellite as before in tuner config predertimmed transponder then ok wait until lock then exit then manual scan single sat I know its not pretty but it as worked for me

regards

ps is there anyway of capturing the screen while in the menus so I can do a tut of my setup

edit found that I had to reboot after doing 2 satellites then ok for another 2 dont know why

A
31-01-2010, 03:59 PM
the original satellites xml is crap you need to put your own in var/tuxbox

bobonthejob
31-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi all,

If you using a DiSEqC Motor... Twin LNB output. One input for each tuner.

Do i...Setup as below?

Tuner A is set to positioner not forgetting to add long & latt settings.
Tuner B is set to - Secondary cable from motorized LNB.

Would this work and enable to use the motor correctly. I.e. moving from one satellite to another.? How about when it comes to scanning for channels? Do i need to do what 'A' said a couple of posts back?

Thanks in advance.

Lavaman
31-01-2010, 04:32 PM
There is an option to set Tuner B to second cable of motorised LNB Tuner A, I think this would the best option for you.

Personally I prefer to download a channel listing / bouquet rather than manually scan and sort the channels myself. I'm using Catseye4 listing which you can download from this forum, then just used dbedit or EnigmaEdit to upload it to the receiver. If you have set your coordinates correctly for your location as A explained a few posts back then assuming your dish is all aligned and setup you should be good to go.

A
31-01-2010, 04:37 PM
each tumer has its own sat config. and own sat list

bobonthejob
31-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Right..i see... own sat list...

lol - More baffeled now. Should i be?

If i set tuner A to positioner not forgetting to add long & latt settings.
and Tuner B Secondary cable from motorized LNB.... Would that allow me....

To watch a channel and record another channel at the sametime...assuming ofcourse that both channels are from the same satellite?

Bob

Lavaman
31-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Yep that should do the trick.

bobonthejob
31-01-2010, 05:06 PM
@lavaman...

Mate could you point me towards..Catseye4 listing download. I have done a search but cannot find it. I assume that most standard satellites will have been scanned in this list.?

Bob

foggy
31-01-2010, 05:12 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111546

bobonthejob
31-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Things are never that easy....DoH!...

Where can i download dbedit or enigmaedit from?

Bob.

A
31-01-2010, 05:58 PM
search button

bobonthejob
31-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Sorry...guys...will dig deaper :-) ...

I will find it. Cheers 'A' :- )

Found em...some itallian site...Thanks.

A
31-01-2010, 07:04 PM
bob you are NOT ON THE JOB :respect-050:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=355

selobaba
31-01-2010, 07:06 PM
my friend I dont do propaganda, I wish you and your dm800 happy ever after,,, bah,,,:willy_nilly:

A
31-01-2010, 07:13 PM
RELAX Selo and have you figured out why Ccam hangs on those channels or transponders mentioned ?

selobaba
31-01-2010, 07:20 PM
RELAX Selo and have you figured out why Ccam hangs on those channels or transponders mentioned ?

@ a

what is the point trying to explain something or any test results for some narrow minded people on this thread,,, I just keep quite and enjoy this receiver, and cccam does not hang on any transponders that you guys mentioned....

A
31-01-2010, 07:39 PM
garbage

OldSkul
31-01-2010, 08:05 PM
hey selo. You tried 4.8e frequency?
If yo dont have a problem... Which cccam version are you using?

A
31-01-2010, 08:09 PM
yes I would like to try that too

kebien
31-01-2010, 09:03 PM
@ a

what is the point trying to explain something or any test results for some narrow minded people on this thread,,, I just keep quite and enjoy this receiver, and cccam does not hang on any transponders that you guys mentioned....

You must stop your agenda against dm800.
Of course I own one (more than one,actually),together with another 15 other receivers,is not the point for me to be narrow minded.(probably getting one of this VU+ too)
More likely the other way around,you happy with what you got ?,stop the bitching against other boxes and get on with your tests,the only real help you can supply.

Look at yourself,you got in a 2 weeks old receiver bandwagon and won't let go your issues with DMM.
Talking about narrow minded.
Stick to the topic.

OldSkul
01-02-2010, 02:46 PM
about 1W and Cccam hanging. There are 3 History HDs on 12128 frequency.
Two are OK but one freezes CCcam. The only difference is more DVB subtitles (on channel that causes problem).
Wierd and stupid bug.

A
01-02-2010, 03:09 PM
yes and I think thats the only channel on that sat with this bug rest are ok

selobaba
01-02-2010, 03:19 PM
You must stop your agenda against dm800.
Of course I own one (more than one,actually),together with another 15 other receivers,is not the point for me to be narrow minded.(probably getting one of this VU+ too)
More likely the other way around,you happy with what you got ?,stop the bitching against other boxes and get on with your tests,the only real help you can supply.

Look at yourself,you got in a 2 weeks old receiver bandwagon and won't let go your issues with DMM.
Talking about narrow minded.
Stick to the topic.

sorry,,,daddy,,,,

selobaba
01-02-2010, 03:28 PM
@
k.e,b;i[a;n,,

My friend I didnt jump nor will jump to any wagon of kind,,

you own 15 receivers,,bah,, I sell them in bulk, I spent 26 years in the satellite business, so put your dummy back in where it belongs, and get on with life..... there are other receivers too, you know--not just the dmm, my issue is not with dmm, rather with you right now, and your narrow minded dmm over protection, I have as much right to like this box as you do with your beloved dm receiver. so shut up, and dont acuse of me bitching..:banghead:

selo :cup-006:

selobaba
01-02-2010, 03:38 PM
@
kebien
Why you so upset? is it because your pea sized dm800 over looked by this receiver @ the same price or??? :chillpill:

selo: :rofl:

bobonthejob
01-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Guys guys....

anyway... ive just been to dishpointer.com to get me lat and lon values...

Tuner is set to motorised...so im trying to set the longitude and latitude. Latitude is fine because it is like 52:00:00N 52.000... A nice positive number.

However the Longitude is 1:08:45W -1.14588. A negative number. How do you insert that in to the Longitude setting?

Thanks in advance.

Gone_Fishing
01-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Guys guys....

anyway... ive just been to dishpointer.com to get me lat and lon values...

Tuner is set to motorised...so im trying to set the longitude and latitude. Latitude is fine because it is like 52:00:00N 52.000... A nice positive number.

However the Longitude is 1:08:45W -1.14588. A negative number. How do you insert that in to the Longitude setting?

Thanks in advance.

Negative value is West positive is East

TNT

bobonthejob
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
lol - Wooosh...straight through me that...

So...im ok with using the value 52.000N for Latitude. Then 1.145E for the Longitude?

Sorry for being such a douche at this...

Gone_Fishing
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM

So...im ok with using the value 52.000N for Latitude. Then 1.145E for the Longitude?

No, I said Negative value is West you have put East

Anymore dish related questions should go here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11

TNT

kebien
01-02-2010, 04:39 PM
@
k.e,b;i[a;n,,

My friend I didnt jump nor will jump to any wagon of kind,,

you own 15 receivers,,bah,, I sell them in bulk, I spent 26 years in the satellite business

This is EXACTlY what I mean,you are completely biased and have BIG agenda behind the bashing.

Nothing of what you said comes from a hobbyist point of view,and completely drift the intention of the thread that is simple TO POST ACCURATE, UNBIASED AND HONEST experiences with this box.
Potential buyers cannot fall into the trap of reading what the satellite dealer has to say,but other hobbyist members reports.
Dealer words mean nothing,they only hype what they sell and bash the competition.
You said the same thing when you bought the azbox (I mean bashed the dm800)
But then also you wished you have a dm800 ( you forgot whatever you write is there for all to read)
And for someone in the satellite business you have very little experience with receivers (took you several months from april last year to setup your azbox,hardly any word you can say can be taken from the experience point of view)
Stop the bashing and get on with the testing.

selobaba
01-02-2010, 04:52 PM

your lat will be: 52.00N and long: 1.001 E or W depending where you live..

selo :respect-010:

selobaba
01-02-2010, 04:54 PM
This is EXACTlY what I mean,you are completely biased and have BIG agenda behind the bashing.

Nothing of what you said comes from a hobbyist point of view,and completely drift the intention of the thread that is simple TO POST ACCURATE, UNBIASED AND HONEST experiences with this box.
Potential buyers cannot fall into the trap of reading what the satellite dealer has to say,but other hobbyist members reports.
Dealer words mean nothing,they only hype what they sell and bash the competition.
I didn't sell anything to enoyone here did I? anyway enough with you I gave you enough attention, vu+duo all the way!!!!!!

selo :cup-006:

irishchris
01-02-2010, 08:37 PM
ya come on guys give it a rest. dreambox guys stay in dreambox forum and vu+ guys stay in vu+ forum or at least try to get on and stop comparing and arguing! i was happy to see the back of the azbox forum with all the bickering that goes on there. please lets keep this one for comeents on vu+. rant over :)
anyway mine comes on thursday! cant wait! how is everyone finding the epg - is it easy on the eye as my previous reciever was terrrible format. has anyone a pic that they could upload here so i could see the epg for myself cheers.
how are people finding ccam - is there any freeze?

thanks in advance!!:respect-055:

A
01-02-2010, 08:46 PM
CCam ok no freeze, just it hangs on 3-4 transponders so dont go there:D

kebien
01-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Please tell us what's the format of the recordings in this box.
It is TS,TRP?
Can anyone upload a small sample for others to look at?

Likvid
01-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Pictures of the EPG with Sly UK loaded would be nice if anyone could upload?

What program do you use to grab the EPG details? CrossEPG? or is there any better out there?

cytrax
02-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Evening folks. I am waiting on my delivery for my V+ Duo and have been lurking for the last few weeks in this and the old thread. Some really good info being provided and its nice to see some good help from others also.

One thing I would like to do before my box arrives is learn howto flash the unit etc - is there a site or forum that has a tools + tutorials section? I know its a fairly new box so its probably a bit of a longshot..

irishchris
02-02-2010, 12:33 AM
http://rapidshare.com/files/341887189/FAQ_Vu_Util.rar

full instructions found on other forum

irishchris
02-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Quick guide how to flash a VU+ Duo receiver with a USB stick. Tools required are just your favourite image and at least a 128mb memory stick formatted FAT32.

1. Format you memory stick on you PC FAT32.
2. Create a directory in called vuplus.
3. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called duo.
4. Unzip the USB upgrade files into that directory.
5. Power off your VU+ Duo.
6. Insert memory stick into front USB slot.
7. Power on your VU+ Duo and follow the on screen instructions.

Thats it

A
02-02-2010, 06:28 AM
h-t-tp://vuplus.com/
h-t-tp://www.vuplus-support.com/wbb2/index.php

New image everyday from here:

h-t-tp://www.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=/vuduo

supathug
02-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Hi guys,

Been running for a few days now on fixed dish pointed towards 28.2, PLi Image from 29/1/10 and CCam plugin dowloaded from plugins menu. CCcam seems to crash on 28.2 for me when I flick between channels quickly and can only be bought back by physically rebooting the whole box. I can confirm that this behaviour is repeated in the 1/2/10 PLi image also (infact it was much more often on this one, hence my reverting back). Anyone else getting similar behaviour?

Im also having a problem with timeshift where when I pause a channel, It will record for as long as I've left it but when I go to play back from where I left off only around 30 seconds of the recording plays before it goes back to the live feed. I've paused for around 5 mins and have only been able to get the first 30 seconds or so. Anyone else seen similar with the PLi image?

My first impressions are that this box is great but obviously needs work. For me as a noob its perfect aside from the 2 issues mentioned above. EPG plugin and timers work great and are easy to use and the picture quality is superb - much better than my old slyHD box.

Is there anyone else running on 28.2E that can reccommend a rock solid image to use (with BA or otherwise) that is confirmed working with CCcam and has no issues with timeshift?

OldSkul
02-02-2010, 12:15 PM
CCcam is causing alot of problems. I already sent numerous mail to manufacturer and i hope that next firmware will bring improvements.
Probably there is something wrong with tuner driver, i dont know.

Cccam also hangs when you switch from tuner A to tuner B. Its reported on PLi forum, i dont use both tuners atm.

A
02-02-2010, 01:02 PM
I dont have really issues with CCam I know the 3 transpoders which kill it.
I have PLI 2-2-10 ON USB I dont have a hard disc and use just one tuner

supathug
02-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok Guys - seems like its a bit of a waiting game then. I'll try running off just the one tuner and see if that makes any difference to stability - Mrs is gonna get annoyed as she wont be able to record and watch something else but if its just temporary we will see how it goes

OldSkul
02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
yep thats your problem. You are using both tuners. Disable one and you will see no problems on 28.2!
There are problems on other sats (1w, 16E, 4.8E)
Interesting enough, both transponders on 1W and 16E that are causing problems are important to me. LOL! I have no luck apperantly.

A
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
1 west is no problem except for one channel I believe what other channels you have problems as I have a 1west card

kebien
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Format of the recordings,please?

supathug
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi Kebien,

Normal recordings of programs that i do are in .ts format so i can imagine that timeshift recordings must be in the same format althoiugh im not 100% sure.

foggy
02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I may have a spare box, i have re-ordered from elsewhere and guess what my first order is suppose to be coming in stock next week. If anyone is desparate for one let me know

Keano
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
No problem with recording one channel while watching another for me on 28.2e.

Just recorded 10 minutes of sky sports 1 HD and then turn over and watched real lives for 10 minutes. Then played back the 10 minutes of sky sports and everything spot on.

I have no problems at all with CCcam on 28.2e no matter how fast I zap.

A
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
SAME HERE I keep saying its 3 transponders that are f----d with this box, and also for History HD on thor there are 3 of them 2 work ok the 3rd jams up cccam.
So in short just 2 transponders.
@keano what is your image ?

supathug
02-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi Keano, I would like to know what your image is as well. Its not recordings I have a problem with per se, its just the timeshift where u pause something you are watching and play it again. It is here where I get the issues. Perhaps you could zip a copy of your enigma 2 settings and tell us what image you are running so I could replicate and see if that sorts anything? By the way, I have disabled one tuner and am still getting issues with CCcam crashing. I know its not the C line im using as I have tried 2 different C lines and the same thing happens.

Someone please help!!!!!

Keano
02-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Guys I am using a PLi image from about a week ago and all I do is update now and then via the software menu.

Looking at the PLi forum tonight it looks like they know about the timeshift bug. Something to do with a older timeshift file not being deleted.

ie you timeshift something then you timeshift agian later that evening and that is when problems start because the first timeshift has not gone.

Think it will be fixed because AFAIK VTi and official image are OK.

Ref your CCcam problem I am at a complete lost. I can't make CCcam crash no matter what I try.
It is not as though we are using a modified version of CCcam, it is real CCcam.mips.

supathug
02-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Hi Keano - just went on the PLi forum and added to the threads about CCCam and timeshift. Would be good if you could remember the exact date of the image you are using so I could give that a whirl and test. I'll probably start from scratch and test CCCam at each stage, installing plugins as I go to make sure none of them are doing anything with CCcam.

ATM I have installed XMLTV updater, autotimer, a channelist I got from another forum and CCCam and CCcaminfo. Like I said I am running on the 29/1/10 image as of now and will let you know if I find anything.

As a last resort anyone know if either the original or VTi images are supporting recording, timeshift and XMLTV plugin with EPGUpdater?

goran
03-02-2010, 11:02 AM
YouTube, various, including zapping speed, SD, HD, encrypted etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKu4vl69bkI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHYmbcOoctg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz24csbwR4Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ncbi23bso&feature=related

OldSkul
03-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Ver 3.0 Release note

1. Fix HD skin Subtitle problem.
2. Support video event(autoresolution/resolution info.).
3. E2 upgrade(latest 2.6 revision).
4. Xcrypt driver optimization.
5. Section filter adjustment.
6. Support grab(screen capture).
7. Increate stack limit of application.

http://archive.vuplus.com/download_3.0/usb_upgrad.zip

Changed Folder/Files.

bb/
Makefile-opendreambox-3.0

./local/packages/aio-grab/*
./local/packages/linux/linux-bm750/linux_resource.patch
./local/packages/linux/linux-bm750.bb

./local/packages/mbox/mbox-dvb-modules.bb
./local/packages/mbox/mbox-dvb-modules/dvb-bcm7335.ko
./local/packages/mbox/mbox-dvb-modules/dvb-core.ko

./local/packages/enigma2/enigma2-2.6git20091201
./local/packages/enigma2/enigma2_2.bb

Wow they are releasing firmware fast. Can somebody test if Cccam problem is fixed?

A
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
CCAM have no problem except for those known transponders I have said this keano has said it too so look at your C:lines or whatever you use to Zap m8

bobonthejob
03-02-2010, 11:40 AM
What is this term 'Zap' Ive seen a few messages about zapp'ing on the vu+. Am i missing something?

A
03-02-2010, 11:47 AM
a. To destroy or kill with a burst of gunfire, flame, or electric current.
b. To kill or destroy as if by shooting.
c. To strike suddenly and forcefully as if with a projectile or weapon: "His . . . narrative runs marvelously on and on, zapping the reader with often surprising and . . . painful glimpses" (Publishers Weekly).
d. To expose to radiation; irradiate: "perfect for those who can't bring themselves to zap food in a microwave" (John F. Mariani).
2. To attack (an enemy) with heavy firepower; strafe or ****ard.
3. To use a remote control device to switch (channels on a television) or to turn off (a television set).
Lol :king-041:

bobonthejob
03-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Lol....yes yes.... i had that coming lol.

Like the answers...Not sure what you mean by point 'd'. :-)

I think i remember now...Its when i was changing the settings of my tuners... The box came back with whether i wanted to 'zap back to the tuner' or something along those lines.

You learn a thing everyday.

supathug
03-02-2010, 03:33 PM
LOL A - I like your style - In terms of the CCcam issue I am still getting issues on 28.2 with CCcam locking up and not working again until a reboot is done.

If possible - I would like to replicate someone who thinks they are 100% working in terms of image, channel list, plugins etc. Lets see if we can find something. Could someone who thinks they have CCcam working on 28.2 post their image version, channel bouquets and list of plugins they have installed so we can try and work out what the most stable configuration for everyone is?

hanswurscht
03-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Take the new 3.0 Version and most Errors are gone. Also new E2 in it

supathug
03-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Can you get a XMLTV updater with the new 3.0 image and is recording working ok?

OldSkul
03-02-2010, 04:12 PM
hope new VTI image will come soon. They are slow in releasing new images...

supathug
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
I hear you OldSkul - but I prefer that they were slow and got it stable and working rather than release buggy images with loads of good software that doesnt work.

A
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
agree there

supathug
03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
The vendor for my box says that CCcaminfo may the problem as per this thread on the PLi website. Im going to install it and let you guys know if it solves the problem:

h-ttp://www.pli-images.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=61&thread_id=12020

A
03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
what does ccam info have to do with CCcam locking up its a tuner driver issue, the CCam cant decode a ecm signal and hangs. CCaminfo just shows info. I have CCam info 1.3b on todays original image but still CCcam hangs ONLY ON THE MENTIONED TRANSPONDERS
What channel is the problem on 28.2 east ??

cytrax
03-02-2010, 11:16 PM
seems like some good work is going on @ pli -

I have seen a few threads around with users saying they can record 2 HD chans + a SD chan and watch another. Is this true/possible? If it is then all I can say is WOW :)

supathug
04-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi All,

Can confirm that removing cccam info seems to have solved the issue. Been flicking around the channels and not a single freeze like before. Putting cccaminfo back on seems to recreate the problem so I think im sorted! I'll keep everyone posted if anything changes!

A
04-02-2010, 06:29 AM
what image you got ?

supathug
04-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Using pli 29.1.10 atm

A
04-02-2010, 08:48 AM
new CCCAM 2.14 working ok on PLI, SOFTWARE UPDATE VIA REMOTE WILL install new version

CCcam 2.1.4

-ndz smartcard fixes
-ecm timeout decreased
-via26 emu
-seca handler improvement

kleinerjunge
04-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi!

Got my VU+ DUO yesterday, it's amazing!

But I have a problem configuring Diseqc 1.1! Generally i never configured an Enigma2 box to my setup, so I can't say if it is a VU+ problem. No problem with Enigma1 boxes...

I have a Wavefrontier T90 with 8 LNB's. 4 LNBs (quattro) go to a 17/8 Multiswitch, other 4 LNBs (twin) go to a normal 4/1 Diseqc. The outputs (1 cable from Multiswitch and 1 cable from that 4/1 Diseqc) go to an uncommitted Switch. From there it reaches (obviously) my VU+.

Has someone similar config and can tell me how to set up configuration on VU+/Enigma2 (DM800/8000)??

Thx!

cu
KJ

goran
04-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Interesting, KJ. Can you put up some pictures?:coolgleamA:

kleinerjunge
04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Will do it this evening, at work atm.

A friend of mine who has DM8000 told me his config. He has same set up to mine. I think I didn't make any mistakes when i tried to configure my VU+! This evening I will confirm. I also will try new original image, as for now I am using VTI from 15.01. incl. software updates.

We'll see later...

cu
KJ

OldSkul
04-02-2010, 05:37 PM
10834.00MHz, pol.V SR:27500 FEC:5/6
16E sat

Cccam always hangs here.

Today i updated PLi image (new drivers) and cccam also upgraded. Problem is fixeed. ;)
No more hanging on 16E transponders. Great
They just need to fix TotalTV subtitles and box will become supergreat.

A
04-02-2010, 06:06 PM
thats good then

dog-man
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Could someone pm me a list of shops where this interesting looking new receiver can be purchased?

dog-man

nuku22
04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
and me as well

bobonthejob
04-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Aghhh.... K so...got my dish up. But i am getting nothing...nothing at all.

Ive got my motorised setup set to 0...then pointed to rougly 0... Trying to get any connection to a satellite is not happening.

Ive tried satfinder and positioner setup. No joy. Anyone else have any issues? It prob doesnt help that i did not use a meter. Positioner setup was running the motor...and now that has stopped tooo.. At a loss here. Any help greatly appreciated.

gbsatti
04-02-2010, 07:53 PM
New VTI image is out

Neues VTI "Vu+ Team Image" - V0.3-04.02.2010 Experimental

h-tt-p://www.vuplus.info/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=1009

:respect-059:

A
04-02-2010, 08:29 PM
no BA now on this image will be on it by weekend

selobaba
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
and me as well

read my pm.

selobaba
04-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Vu+ Duo Records 6 HD Ch. on same time (Youtube)

ht-tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4dcFOWJo2A

selo :number-one-043:

No live links please

bobonthejob
05-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Has anyone used the positioner setup program on the box? Anyone had any issues being able to control the motor with it?

Mines was working but it does not seem to move the motor when moving east or west from the positioner setup...

Thanks.

cytrax
05-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Has anyone used the positioner setup program on the box? Anyone had any issues being able to control the motor with it?

Mines was working but it does not seem to move the motor when moving east or west from the positioner setup...

Thanks.

Hey dude, I don't have my box yet but usually when your motor stops responding the best thing I find is to shut down box, and check all the connections on motor etc - sometimes just remove the connector from the motor and replace does the trick.. If not then you could try another motor to see if the one that isn't working is broken?
:toetap05:

bobonthejob
05-02-2010, 12:00 PM
The motor does work. technomate 2600 - Am able to press the maunal move button and it works. also with catseyses channel listing...i am able to select a channel on a different satellite....that works the motor. I think it is just the signal i dont have :-) thanks.

foggy
05-02-2010, 12:18 PM
The motor does work. technomate 2600 - Am able to press the maunal move button and it works. also with catseyses channel listing...i am able to select a channel on a different satellite....that works the motor. I think it is just the signal i dont have :-) thanks.

I think your dish is not aligned correctly. You would be best to start a new thread, as this is for vu+ help not dish alignment, you probably get more response as well

bobonthejob
05-02-2010, 12:37 PM
No worries, will do... Have someone coming to check it out tomorrow morning.

How is everyone getting on with the box? Is the new VTi image any good?

A
05-02-2010, 01:31 PM
VTI is beta final will be out in the weekend.

kingy29
05-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I have decided to buy this box.could you tell me do the help files for the Dreambox apply to this box.
Also is there any compatabilty problems with different makes of internal HDs any recomendations.
What is the best and most stable image.

cheers

kingy29

supathug
05-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi Kingy,

I have a fixed dish on 28.2 and up until yesterday was using the nightly PLi images. I was experiencing crashing with CCcam when flicking through channels and I thought this was sorted when I removed CCcaminfo but it wasnt. Yesterday I took the plunge and installed the latest VTi image and this has done the trick. Has run for ages now with no crash so I would say this image is the most stable I've used so far. VTi is also allowing me to use the timeshift function properly which the PLi image did not do.

Other people however have used PLi with no problems but as it is updated nightly IMO its more likely to be buggy than the VTi image which is released less regularly.

As for your help files question, this box runs enigma2 which is the same as dreambox so most help files should apply. You can also use the dreambox control center to upload files/change settings etc and DBEdit to change channel listings. If you are thinking of buying though I would get in there quick as supply all over europe is apparantly short and there is already a large waiting list! Hope this helps.

aqa
05-02-2010, 04:45 PM
how to install barry allen on pli image menuely on vu. i cant find it on plugins.thanks

OldSkul
05-02-2010, 05:13 PM
do not use BA. Just use PLI or VTi image in flash!

I like PLi image more because it will always contain newest drivers which is important for me.

aqa
05-02-2010, 05:28 PM
do not use BA. Just use PLI or VTi image in flash!

I like PLi image more because it will always contain newest drivers which is important for me.

hi. iam trying to use pli on flash and try gemini or nabilo on multiboot . any idea how? .........thanks

A
05-02-2010, 06:43 PM
u cant if u want multiboot then u need to install VTI image from 15.01 on flash and then from their plugins install BA

BigMo
05-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Can you run cccam+newcs on this box?

My god it's been so long since I posted here my post count has disappeared.:eek:

Mo

A
05-02-2010, 07:32 PM
yes via a card reader like smargo only maybe this changes in the near future

A
05-02-2010, 07:33 PM
I have decided to buy this box.could you tell me do the help files for the Dreambox apply to this box.
Also is there any compatabilty problems with different makes of internal HDs any recomendations.
What is the best and most stable image.

cheers

kingy29

yes
should not be if you use the standard ones
VTI 03.02.2010 IMAGE on flash

quibath
05-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi

New VTI image released CCCAM 2.14 all subtitles working all transponder issues fixed. Load to flash

Did you get it A ?

A
05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
get what ?

quibath
05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi

Subtitles working

Br,Q

A
05-02-2010, 09:06 PM
no not on pli it works sometime but i will try this VTI when its final no use with beta versions or pli will fix it

Keano
05-02-2010, 09:09 PM
If someone gets UK epg working on VTi then please let me know.

Only reason I use PLi is because of the xmltv plugin for uk epg.

bobonthejob
05-02-2010, 10:33 PM
If someone gets UK epg working on VTi then please let me know.

Only reason I use PLi is because of the xmltv plugin for uk epg.

I believe supathug has managed to get the xmltv plugin working... Supathug can you confirm.

I think he manually downloaded the files and then uploaded the files to the reciever and done the install.

Correct me if wrong supathug.

kingy29
05-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info guys my box is coming next week hope it turns out better than my Azbox

cheers
kingy29

irishchris
06-02-2010, 12:30 AM
rytec works a treat with latest vti image!
just download mipel file from rytec.be and place in tmp folder. install from vti panel and reboot. will now be on blue button:respect-055:

terrybobs
06-02-2010, 09:12 AM
regarding epg my findings are as follows with the out of the box image I got a full 7 day listing on nearly all transponders very impressive< Ihave since put on Pli 2010/29/10 in flash and updated regulary the soft packages installed pli epg plugin which I have found to be not at all good in my setup @ supathug if bobonthejob is correct could you let me know how to install xmltv please. On the freezing issue with Cccam I have most problems on Thor 1west but not always the same transponder I will try removing Cccam info to see if it helps, and personnaly I have manged recording 2 channels same transponder while watching one my setup is a fixed dish on tuner B and motorised on tuner A, even with these minor bugs I am impressed with this box.

regards terrybobs

OldSkul
06-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Problem is, when you change from tuner A to B and then from B to A, cccam hangs ;)
this problem still isnt fixxed. Hope in next release, in a few days, this will be fixed. And DVB subtitles on TotalTV channels ;)
And then box is perfect for me.

supathug
06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi Guys,

I can confirm I have got XMLTV plugin to work on VTi. I am still a bit of a noob at this but my understanding is that the XMLtv plugin allows you to download future TV listings to your vu duo epg. To get it to work I did the following. You have to have EPGImport installed via the plugins menu before you do the following steps:

1, Go to the Rytec website and download the following files:

enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport_1.0-r16_mipsel.ipk
python_ipks.zip

2, Unzip the python_ipks file on your local machine and then copy the following files to /tmp on the VU duo:
python-zlib_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-compression_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-shell_2.5.1-m14_mipsel.ipk
python-html_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk

3, On the VU duo go to the VTi panel on the main menu and choose datei manager. This will open up a file manager.

4, Browse to the /tmp directory and install the following files in order using the green button:
python-zlib_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-compression_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-shell_2.5.1-m14_mipsel.ipk
python-html_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk

5, Restart Enigma2. You should now be able to a list of sources within EPGImport if you press the blue button. I choose rytecUK xmltv and then press the yellow button to manually download the listings. Once the download is complete all of your listings should now appear!

A
06-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I will try this VTI image 3.02 I hear its fixed problems will get back later with details once I have installed it

pace508
06-02-2010, 11:57 AM
who are selling these receivers in the UK

quibath
06-02-2010, 12:03 PM
who are selling these receivers in the UK

Hi
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56249

Why not to try mr. googles shop?

BR,Q

pace508
06-02-2010, 12:09 PM
sorry

terrybobs
06-02-2010, 12:13 PM
@ supathug will try that soon just trying VTI 3.0 but noticed that A as got 3.02 @ A where can I fid 3.02 just been on Vu forum but it as only v3
regards terrybobs

wow didnt like Vti Iam back to latest pli

A
06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
3.02 is the date m8 version is 3.0

terrybobs
06-02-2010, 12:51 PM
I feel a right Plonker

A
06-02-2010, 01:03 PM
ok Installed in Flash CCAM hanging problem now gone BUT REMEMBER TO INSTALL CCCam manually both 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 working ok. Emu working fine on digitv sirus not checked anything else just add keys in key folders.
Conax card ok
Irdeto card ok
Viaccess card ok
Gold card ok
Cryptoworks card ok

terrybobs
06-02-2010, 02:08 PM
@ supathug although I am now using the latest PLi image I followed your tutorial to the letter and and it works a treat had to download a plugin though to enable installing from temp thanks

regards Terrybobs

irishchris
06-02-2010, 06:22 PM
hi guys

few questions:

1) there is no option for hdmi in vti or pli image. so which is better to select for 1080i - dvi or ypbr?

2) does ccam act as an emu for ccam as it keeps using my client to open it and not an emu with keys? < if this is not allowed to be discussed please edit as required mods

3) has any1 else noticed that ccam server does not run when the box is in deep standby

4) the multi epg - is there any way to edit it. the white lines every half hour are quite annoying - can they be removed? also is there an alternative epg eg crossepg?

ps i also installed rytec epg on latest vti image but only need to include one mipsel file but it works great.

again as always thanks for any help guys

A
06-02-2010, 06:37 PM
1. dvi
2. use a prio file
3. not noticed, mine is on standby when not in use and CCcam works I dont use deep stanby
4. No idea

dog-man
06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Anyone know the maximum size hard drive that can be used with this receiver?

dog-man

A
06-02-2010, 08:24 PM
2 TB I think

terrybobs
06-02-2010, 10:21 PM
yes I have seen them advertised with 2TB drives, in the first time set up in pli images in the connections wiz ard there is a picture of an HDMI connector in the dvi option
regards

irishchris
06-02-2010, 10:44 PM
sorry A i dont understand when you say use a prio for keys? can someone please provide detailed guide?
also what movie formats does the media player play? i tried avi but they do not play. mp4 do but most vids off internet are in divx/avi? is there any plugin to play these

supathug
07-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering whether anyone could post a guide on how i can get the vti image to play files off my nas either via smb or upnp. I do have vlc installed but cant seem to work out how to use it to talk to my nas. any ideas?

kleinerjunge
07-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Hi!

Got my VU+ DUO yesterday, it's amazing!

But I have a problem configuring Diseqc 1.1! Generally i never configured an Enigma2 box to my setup, so I can't say if it is a VU+ problem. No problem with Enigma1 boxes...

I have a Wavefrontier T90 with 8 LNB's. 4 LNBs (quattro) go to a 17/8 Multiswitch, other 4 LNBs (twin) go to a normal 4/1 Diseqc. The outputs (1 cable from Multiswitch and 1 cable from that 4/1 Diseqc) go to an uncommitted Switch. From there it reaches (obviously) my VU+.

Has someone similar config and can tell me how to set up configuration on VU+/Enigma2 (DM800/8000)??

Thx!

cu
KJ

Ok, got it to work. Had to put on LNB's which are connected to uncommitted switch input 2 the option "Repeat sequence".

But I have some other problems:

1. Streaming HD channels to PC via Webinterface (hangs continuously)
2. Recording SD/HD-channels to NFS-Mounts (hangs continuously, FTA and encrypted - doesn't matter)
3. JSC Sports +3 opens, but hangs immediately. Changing channel and back to JSC Sports +3 - the same...

Can someone confirm??

cu
KJ

goran
07-02-2010, 01:22 AM
KJ, which version(s) [revision(s)] of your EMP Centauri 8in1 switch/relay have you got?

kleinerjunge
07-02-2010, 02:45 AM
I don't have a 8/1 switch. I have a Multiswitch 17/8 (EMP-Centauri S. 170 - CP 8) for 4 Sats and a 4/1 Diseqc (Spaun 411) for the other 4 Sats. After them an uncommitted switch (Spaun SUR 420F).

cu
KJ