PDA

View Full Version : wireless

inter29
27-01-2010, 11:01 AM
:confused
at the moment I am using mains plugs network units for my network connection to a AzBox premium
But I have got some problems when i use Cheopscamd with picture freezing and some channels sometimes opening and sometimes not opening and also U Tubes not working when The Cheops. in anabled
I was wondering if is possible for me to invest and use a wireless system to improve the internet connection to the Az box and if it will be any better
Thanks in advance for any reply

goran
27-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Wired is always better than wireless...

Especially with AZbox HD, as it is!

Can you pull a cable to it?

Cheops is free CS - maybe that's why... too many people on it?

inter29
27-01-2010, 01:15 PM
@Goran
Thanks for your advice
I am new to this
I will try to get a long ethernet cable to bypass the plugs and try that way

digihoe
27-01-2010, 02:14 PM
If you use homeplug or the like, it is almost as fast (if not 14Mbps version) as having it pluged in at the router... Longer cable will not help...
If you have to use Cheops use it for the small packages with upto 10 channels, other packs will suffer from to many channelsurfers/not enough cards...

inter29
27-01-2010, 09:05 PM
:07:
@Digihoe
Thank you for your reply
I already been to get a 30 mt ethernet cable Cat5e today
Wile i have got it I will try it tomorrow
Did some checks on my internet connection speed on the AZ box
With Cheompcamd on It is from 65.757 Kbps-90.350Kbps-1042.102Kbps
With Cheompcamd off it is from 1144.137Kbps-1232.987Kbps
I have got a 20mb virgin cable brodband
From next week I am hoping to set up a Cccam cs at the moment I have got a d****alb ufficial sport pachage card
Will the Ethernet plug work ok with the CCcam cs set up
Thanks in advance for any reply

digihoe
27-01-2010, 11:38 PM
I would say it will work fine as long as not too many share the card/cards. CS don't require much bandwith. But if too many share a card (more than 8 ppl, or if the card is not restricted to only 8 channels with ECM/CW cache for those channels) then you will always have problem with too many ECM's per card meaning the card might miss half the request or worse, meaning lots of freezing/black picture like Cheops on Cyfra+/Nova (from what I hear)...

Good luck with you're setup!

goran
28-01-2010, 02:01 AM
20m of that cable are no problem at all!:respect-051: