PDA

View Full Version : Freesat ITV HD via red button

holmroad
27-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Has anyone else experienced ITV HD, via red button, on Freesat going dim on display every few minutes, yet when you touch your 'TV' button it immediately goes bright again?
I have latest all singing (Wi controlled) Panasonic 54" with built in Freesat HD, which is fine for BBC HD on Freesat, no probs at all, plus fine via Sly 10510 channel and TM6900HD Super input - its just on Freesat with red button control this happens?
I have even checked I have the very latest Panasonic software loaded (2.403) and simply cannot therefore see it being a hardware problem!
Maybe Humaxes are ok as they are the 'official' stbs for ITV HD? :rant:

conorg087
27-01-2010, 01:12 PM
no i have not seen it working yet iam on ulster signal

FENDOCH
27-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi m8

Not noticed this on my 46 in panasonic.

You cannot get red button facility for ITV HD in Ulster or Scotland regions, as they would not sign some form of agreement with the other ITV stations.

So the way around this is to put in another areas postcode that is covered, that way you will receive it OK

bbeef
27-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Nope not seen that also here mate, maybe its something to do with the screen saver on your tv. Try turning it off if you can

holmroad
27-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Nope not seen that also here mate, maybe its something to do with the screen saver on your tv. Try turning it off if you can

I see what you mean mate, but why doesnt it do it on BBC HD too if that was the case, its ONLY on red button ITV HD in England (for me)!
Will check into screen saver option, thats if there even ARE any - but not seen any so far!:respect-055:

xanadu
27-01-2010, 06:31 PM
There is a firmware fix for the ITV dimming issue.

It's a well known issue on Panasonic G10 model.

Have a look at AVForums for more info and where to get the firmware.

holmroad
07-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Apparently this is a known fault with Pannies, purely because it appears only on their inbuilt Freesat HD module (probably why few other manufacturers incorporate it yet!) - and ONLY on ITV HD on the red button, as BBC HD goes on its 'dedicated' channel for hours with absolutely NO probs!
Panasonic are sending me an SD card containing a modification to get round this irritating 'dimming' problem!
Still cannot understand why it cannot go into their basic software, but at least I'm now well on the way to resolving it!:respect-050:

(Thanx again Xanadu!)

holmroad
12-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Got SD card from Panasonic and successfully updated software from it - still cant understand why they cant do it by their usual download, especially when its now happened on several recent models, but at least its now sorted - well done Panasonic - got there in the end!
(Still have to return their precious SD card to them though, pre-stamped/addressed envelope!):respect-055:

Giga
12-02-2010, 12:19 PM
don't forget to have a copy of that firmware, just in case you have to put it back on!

holmroad
12-02-2010, 02:41 PM
don't forget to have a copy of that firmware, just in case you have to put it back on!

Its on a 32MB SD card mate - so could be a bit costly to copy, plus not even sure it WOULD - copy that is?:confused:

RABBY
12-02-2010, 06:52 PM
holmroad

You can get a Blank [4GB ]SD Card for about £7 ?? Have you not got a [ SD ] Card reader on your computer ?? All New Computers have one usually ? Or you can bye one for a few pounds as well , one that fits into were the Floopy disc drive goes or a USB Version ? They are very cheap:cheers2: