PDA

View Full Version : Azbox boot problem

wullieb25
27-01-2010, 05:50 PM
:respect-053:hi my azbox updated the other day to the latest firmware but after updating it said system failure please reboot system after doing this the box only boots up to the point where it says loading and wont go any further

it wont even read the patch files of the usb drive so i am stuck with a new box that dont work

can anyone help with this matter pls

goran
27-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Try re-flashing it from USB stick - according to EMERGENCY FLASH PROCEDURE....

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=112527 - attached to post no. 1!

Good luck!:coolgleamA:

wullieb25
27-01-2010, 07:17 PM
it wont read the patch files off the usb drive to flash it it says there is no patch files on the usb drive when i know there is
i reformatted the pen drive thinking that would solve the problem but it never
i've even tried another flash drive thinking the first one was faulty but it still says there is no patch files on the usb

Smudger
27-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Are you using the front usb fat 32 and file is named patch.bin

wullieb25
27-01-2010, 07:37 PM
yes m8 av tried front and back usb ports i have also tried fat and fat32 but no joy with any of these

wullieb25
27-01-2010, 07:38 PM
and the file is named patch.bin too

wullieb25
27-01-2010, 08:05 PM
:respect-059:opensat have been in touch they say it is a defective DOM and there gonna replace the part for me so i'm getting somewhere at last guys thanks for your help and i'll keep informed how i get on

Covack
31-01-2010, 03:44 PM
wullieb25

I had it the same thing happen
it took me 2 days to get back control of my AZ

I tried usb sticks, that have worked numerous times
with upgrades, no go, just kept telling me nothing was on the stick
I finally kept digging and and found one (usb stick) more expensive one
I had put up with a old F/ware on it from last May
the az reconized it
The prompt was, uknown patchbin software, would you like to upgrade anyway,, of course I did, after that, the other usb sticks with newer f/wares worked fine again
i have my box back up and running

kebien
31-01-2010, 06:22 PM
As an advice,when no usb sitck works,you must use an USB HDD.
While not all usb sticks are supported,most ALL usb hdd are.

geezerpl
22-03-2010, 01:55 PM
:respect-059:opensat have been in touch they say it is a defective DOM and there gonna replace the part for me so i'm getting somewhere at last guys thanks for your help and i'll keep informed how i get on

Could you pls explain HOW you convinced opensat to send you a new SD RAM 256MB ??
Did you first send the box to service or directly to Portugal ?

My Azbox died after just 24 hours of using FW 4348 by KGD. Coincidence ?
Keeps displaying "booting" & doesn't go to the "loading" stage so emergency procedure won't help...

baiabdel
22-03-2010, 02:08 PM
hello all,

I confirm that sometimes after an update that it is not done properly and blocks the receptor indicating "failled update.
Then the receiver no longer recognizes the firmware installed on USB sticks stating "No patch
it also happens that the receiver no longer recognizes the USB key and requests you to format your key to FA**2 out what is already in FA**2.

Nothing serious follow this procedure:

1) Turn off the receiver from behind and remove the USB key and turn on the receiver.

2) Once the image is made a "Formating applications area" should not the USB key is installed in the receiver on and off the back.

3) Put the USB key into your computer, the firmware that is installed on your USB key simply delete "azbox" and "ex: 0.9.4461"
and keep that "patch.bin 'appointment as the file, even if the file that caused the" Update Failled "the problem is not the file you try to install, but the ancient bugs in the update.

4) Put your keys in your USB receiver and switch on the back.

5) Once the image appears choose the update with "USB" and the update goes well (do not forget to remove the key within 10 seconds after the update, just before the reboot).

jparaujo
01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Hello all,

I'm having exactly the same problem. But in my case the upgrade didn't finish. The box frozen on the first step.

Now the box shows BOOTING and doesn't go any further. Also it doesn't detect the stick, which would be useless anyway.

I tried removing and replacing the DOM, and also connecting a IDE HDD in it's place. No response.

Does someone have any ideas? I'm lost and almost sending it back to warranty. The problem here is I bought it abroad. So, I would like to solve this problem by myself.

Thanks!

sky_digital
09-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I have the same problem

Now the box shows BOOTING and doesn't go any further. Also it doesn't detect any USB FLASH device.

Help PLEASE!!!

buyukbang
09-04-2010, 08:43 PM
OMG,

Same problem from different users. There is something really wrong with the update system ???

geezerpl
10-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Yep. It seems boxes start to die.. Mine did it after 9-10 months of operations.
Also here people report "booting" only death symptoms
http://www.azboxworld.com/index.php?page=Index&460e8fcc

Apparently loading FW 0.9.2372 or older might help as Azbox no longer recognizes the USB with a newer FW ! That's the only trick I didn't try.

The worst part is my box has been serviced for over 2 weeks now and I have ZERO news from the service !

rfdomingos
10-04-2010, 10:59 PM
OMG,

Same problem from different users. There is something really wrong with the update system ???

Mine had to go to service under guarantee. Heads up to opensat that took about 3 days to send back a new one.

sky_digital
12-04-2010, 10:40 PM
During booting, no 5 V on USB port at all.
How to load soft to receiver?

geezerpl
13-04-2010, 06:24 AM
External HDD (FA**2) with Power Supply perhaps ?
Never tried that...

pinazo
13-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Hello all,

I'm having exactly the same problem. But in my case the upgrade didn't finish. The box frozen on the first step.

Now the box shows BOOTING and doesn't go any further. Also it doesn't detect the stick, which would be useless anyway.

I tried removing and replacing the DOM, and also connecting a IDE HDD in it's place. No response.

Does someone have any ideas? I'm lost and almost sending it back to warranty. The problem here is I bought it abroad. So, I would like to solve this problem by myself.

Thanks!

Same problem here. Box is stuck in BOOTING.
I've also bought it abroad.
Have you solved this?
Today I made this video that shows the error http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RioMn2ZX-sk

Thanks

dvlajkovic
17-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Have u guys had yer internal hdd disconnected before attempting fw update via usb? http://users.teol.net/~deevee/gif/idea.gif
Had seen it worked out this way after the regular update process got stuck...

talenat
15-06-2010, 12:13 PM
this error make big problem on azbox newest generation :(
Please dont use option in Azbox menu HARDWARE ACELERATION, you will kill
your Azbox :ack2:
You must make now JTAG flash :(

jimmyjim11
15-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Having the same problem here was doing a flash and it stopped in 4/5 @51% :willy_nilly:
no patch bin in USB storage used same storage before :frown:

dvlajkovic
19-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Huh... I'm keeping H/A option ON and works smothly so far... been thru several fw upgrades since OpenSat included acceleration in their fw and got no probs whatsoever...

naporex
05-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Hmm looks like I've killed my Premium :/ after trying to get back to original FW from Enigma2 azbox hangs and stucks now only in booting. Only jtag mode is a rescue?

Carp95
05-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Hmm looks like I've killed my Premium :/ after trying to get back to original FW from Enigma2 azbox hangs and stucks now only in booting. Only jtag mode is a rescue?

no m8 problems above where all solved you must get into e2 topic because you did something wrong

naporex
05-10-2010, 10:26 PM
It happend while I've uploaded original FW via AZup and after about hour I've plugged off the box now i get only booting on VFD :/
You refering to the E2 topic but sorry ther is 70% of crap posts so If you know wich post tells how to solve the problem pls send it here. TNX in advance.

Carp95
06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
It happend while I've uploaded original FW via AZup and after about hour I've plugged off the box now i get only booting on VFD :/
You refering to the E2 topic but sorry ther is 70% of crap posts so If you know wich post tells how to solve the problem pls send it here. TNX in advance.

Reformat usb stick ( fat32 ) put patch.bin original fw on it, it should come back in resque mode enter ipadres in AzUp and press uipdate.

After reboot update menu appears first choose option 4 format appl. area, then choose option 1 update firmware.

naporex
06-10-2010, 07:38 PM
I've tried that already few times with different images no luck :( only booting

EDIT:
Just tried other USB stick with LED (flashing while stick is working) and when I put it into AzBox it's not responding so I thing no power or usb slots are not active.

nicktheclick
12-10-2010, 09:32 PM
I've tried that already few times with different images no luck :( only booting

EDIT:
Just tried other USB stick with LED (flashing while stick is working) and when I put it into AzBox it's not responding so I thing no power or usb slots are not active.

NAPOREX - I'm having the same problem, after the E2 recovery. Only booting mesage and no way to install any patch.bin from USB stick.
Nick

whitewolf
03-11-2010, 11:00 PM

The same problem happened to me.After I tried E2,and satisfied my curiosity, I decided to roll back the old firmware and installation stucked on booting.I don't have accest to azbox now.Please help
Respect to the team who worked on E2 project.:applause-038:

Smurfen
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
My Azbox Premium+ only shows "BOOTING" and nothing else happends!
I have tried with different USB memory sticks and even a WD HDD formated in FAT32. I have run power off/on with USB sticked in place, no response on the LCD. Before I tested the Enigma firmware it worked OK.
I run the "AzboxEnigma2RESCUE" with no problem.:respect-063:

gbuzz
07-12-2010, 09:54 PM
i cant load e2 on my premium. it gets stuck on booting after install. i have no problem rolling back to official fw. it was fine before i tested e2

naporex
23-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Just get recovered my Premium from dead :)
CA-42 usb cable with switched Tx Rx pins worked! Now my box is fully operational again :)

iq180
24-02-2011, 05:33 AM
this error make big problem on azbox newest generation :(
Please dont use option in Azbox menu HARDWARE ACELERATION, you will kill
your Azbox :ack2:
You must make now JTAG flash :(

been there done that with the hardware acelerator on and yes it will kill
the az box and now you need to do a jtag been there and done that too.:respect-055:

sjefen
19-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Just get recovered my Premium from dead :)
CA-42 usb cable with switched Tx Rx pins worked! Now my box is fully operational again :)

Hi Naporex,

Can you plz explain the process? I also have a similar problem with my azbox. I installed the newest RTI core v1.2, and after reboot i hangs on 29%, and i am unable to come into rescue mode. The box will not respond to USB-stick with patch.bin, and i cannot obtain an IP-address from the box.

Thanks
Christian

mikie8
19-08-2011, 02:04 PM
imnot sure how many of these problems are simular to the ones i had but my my azbox power board was fluctuating power output . i chaanged the caps on the power board and now my poaer is stable and no more boot hanging from time to time , i also dont need to reboot as often .

using lastest beta original .

SKEW2010
27-08-2011, 12:51 AM
hello friends give her a reboot and then press the remote's V + to see if you get rescue mode, and there must leave the upgrade, format area, re-download the latest firmware and reloads it, I suggest you change pendrive, it gets a 1Gb and give slow fat32 format your pc, then you put the latest firmware here renaming will only patch.bin.