PDA

View Full Version : "Service not running or scrambled" on FTA channels - huh?

Mr_V
28-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Hi guys,

Switched my Humax 5400 on tonight (patched 3.4 HoT v11.1A, quite old, but I mostly watch FTA anyway), and it started giving me the blue

"Service not running or scrambled"

on an FTA channel.

Signal strength - good
Signal quality - good

Asked on one other board if someone could check the same channel, and it's fine, nothing wrong with it, seems to be just me. I also tried few other FTA channels, none show up.

What could be the problem? Ordinarily I would just try to flash the Humax again with some more up-to-date patch, but I don't my laptop with me with the serial port. Any other suggestions or explanations?

Cheers

gerryl
28-01-2010, 10:48 PM
not the firmware...when's the last time ye updated the channel list...do manual channel scan...looks like the channel is now either scrambled, moved or gone!...what channel what Sat was it...would help!

Mr_V
29-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Well quite a while ago, however I have checked very thoroughly the that the channel is still in the same place. And I've tried a couple of other FTA channels, seem the same.

Anyway, the info is:
RTS Sat
Hotbird 13 E
11411 H
5/6

And few other people reported that everything was all right with it last night. So it did not move, and it sure as hell didn't go scrambled...

I'll do a manual scan tonight, but I doubt very much that it's gonna make any difference...