PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we are not getting the same upgrades as Octagon

cantfish
04-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Details of Icecrypt firmware update.

1. Plug-In Menu added.
(But we need to fix the internal bug. We will release new version very soon.)
2. OSD Language added (Turkish, Czech, ******, Polish).
3. Tuner Driver upgraded.
4. Commercial skip bug fix.
5. TTX Display slow deleting problem fixed.
6. TTX Menu 800 Display error fixed.
7. Volume & channel key ==> Repeat Key applied.
8. Unicable LNB Bug fixed.
9. Turkish osd menu missing fixed.
10. EPG special characters in poland language not showing corectly ==> Fixed
11. Greek OSD corrected
12. Italian OSD corrected.
13. Thor 1w TP data has been updated

Details of Octagon firmware update

1. Plugin Menu add. : Menu - Tools - Plugin
--> octaCAM : CCcam, Newcamd, EMU, SmartCard MCAS, KeyEdit, Keyfile support
--> Will realese next week
--> Red Button : Autostart aktivate
--> Green Button : Plugin start.
2.Tuner driver modified + upgraded
3.Commercial skip bug fix.
4. TTX Display slow deleting problem fix.
5.TTX Menu 800 Display error fix.
6. Volume & channel key ==> Repeat Key applied
7.Unicable LNB Bug fix.
8. EPG special characters in poland language not showing corectly fix.
--> Pls reboot STB after select poland language
9.SAT + TP Database update : Thor 0.8W
10.EPG OSD bug fix.
11. Blue & Red Button bug fix. in Dish Setting für Extended Signal bar
12. Recall Button OSD fix.
13. FAV + SAT Button OSD fix.
14. Recording monitoring in EPG OSD fix.
- 15.MCAS driver update : SmartCard Reader
16. Div. OSD Languages correcture and fix. special characters :
--> Turkish, German, Czech, ******, Polish, Greek, Italian

Pity about the smart card reader as for me that is the thing I want fixed the most.

dizz
04-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I think you can run Octagon firmware if you really want to.

steford1
04-02-2010, 07:18 PM
You sure it's not just the do***entation that has differed?

cantfish
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Maybe it is just the do***entation. Having now installed it the internal card reader no longer reports that I have an invalid card. The CAID is now showing 5920 for my 0963 card and showing entitlements. It is still not showing a picture but I am going to leave it on a channel for a while and see if it starts working( heard about this somewhere not sure if it is true or not). Nice to have the plugins menu to see what is running.

steford1
04-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Likewise. My previously recognised card isn't - trying to sort now. Menu looks nice but notice it ran newcs without the -c newcs.xml parameter - will need to investigate what it's actually running.

EDIT: Uses the default config file so no issues there.

EDIT: Not looking good. MultiCAS does now read my previously troublesome card and show entitlements and correct CAID. Newcs though still showing wrong CAID. And my previously working Irdeto card now not being read by Newcs at all :-(

cantfish
04-02-2010, 09:34 PM
As I have said my CAID is also showing up wrong under newcs but it is repoting the correct entitlements( not actualy working though). It is still an improvment as before it would not even recognise my NDS card.

steford1
04-02-2010, 09:46 PM
As I have said my CAID is also showing up wrong under newcs but it is repoting the correct entitlements( not actualy working though). It is still an improvment as before it would not even recognise my NDS card.

That's where I was (am) with my Cryptoworks card. Mapping CAIDs via mgcamd had no effect. Going to try that again as soon as the channel encrypts.

EDIT: No luck. So a step back for me in terms of card readers :-(
I like the plugin menu though - very handy

Friendly-Face
05-02-2010, 06:15 PM
that is one reason that Octagon is more expencive that other Boxes that are made from Fortis but are OEM , Octtagon has infact a team working with problems and have more contact with the developers in Korea, at the same time they work very hard with many ppl around the Europe to make all the bugs less, fix them as soon as they can and release new software to the internet.

been using Octagon for the past 4 months now and im happy to work with them :-)

i do not have an Octagon receiver directly , but have converted my box into one, Please do not ask me how to do it as i will not respond to that.

but one thing is for sure Octagon works much more with the box and they fix the bugs quicker then any other model does, and then Fortis give Octagon some weeks to have the priviledge to have the software first, then they release the code to other brands but with some things missing like in the last software.

and as long as im aware of Octagon was the first to have Enigma2 for the box, and they have worked hard for it :-) at the end of the day we all can benifit from it im sure :-)

reboot
08-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Friendly-Face you are very wrong!

that is one reason that Octagon is more expencive that other Boxes that are made from Fortis but are OEM , Octtagon has infact a team working with problems and have more contact with the developers in Korea, at the same time they work very hard with many ppl around the Europe to make all the bugs less, fix them as soon as they can and release new software to the internet.

The firmware releases are the same across all the OEM's. Every bug that effects one resellers box also effects the others etc.
Octagon don't have any special support from Fortis. It wouldn't make sense to give them any better support for the firmware than there own box would it?
The only thing Octagon do different is to release beta software claiming it to be official so that customers think they have faster firmware release than other resellers.
Octagon are using the information from unknowning users complaints to get the beta corrected and there is nothing wrong with this procudure if the users actually know its a beta release but Octagon fail to mention that part.

Changing the resellers loader is easy enough but what does it achieve apart from a different welcome logo, unless you like to be a beta firmware tester