PDA

View Full Version : Octocam Mcas Emu

cantfish
05-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Any body know anything about this. It looks to me like an alternative internal card read and it has an add on for CCCam and many others.

steford1
05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Been playing with it and another set of files today. 2 zips with 4 executables.

1 indeed seems to be a Multicas and nothing else - reads my troublesome card fine although not my previously fine official Irdeto2 card.

2nd is a key editor - not sure where these keys are coming from or what they can do

3rd is Xcamclient - which has a single config file for a wide range of servers - happily connected to a remote cccam and local newcs for me - no softcam though

4th is a config editor allowing menu access to the above config file.

Debug options lacking at the moment so difficult to know what's going on. Interesting stuff though.

dizz
06-02-2010, 11:41 AM
They seem happy with it here
, but only in bottom card reader.

_http://octagon.gmc.to/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8316

cantfish
06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
I have just installed just the card reader and with just this running I now have all the non premium channels on my sly nds card working. Only works in the bottom slot for now but I understand the next release will activate the top slot as well. All I now need to do is try it with newcs and mgcamd.

steford1
06-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Do you have any further idea how it works and if it can be used in conjunction with anything else? It does read my card which is a start.

cantfish
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Not realy only it must be more than a card reader as it is decrypting a nds card so I think it must be a softcam as well. Now just need to figure out how to get my entitlments updated. As soon as I get time I want to try it with newcs and then mgcamd as well.

cantfish
08-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Seen a few bugs today. It will not autorun from the plugins menu and after a few hours of channel hopping the box froze and I had to turn it off by the rear switch and then restart has been Ok since but has been left on the same channel for a few hours.

cantfish
12-02-2010, 06:23 PM
New version out today
octaCAM__MCAS_EMU__12022010 - SF1008 + SF1018

- MCAS update + imporved
- EMU conflict with MCAS fix
- Timing + EMM fix.
- Minor bug fix.

steford1
14-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Did you get any further in working out how to use this or the CCCAM version?

The CCcam version reads both my cards fine in the card slots - I just don't know how to share them with others or use a softcam.key file.

Thanks

cantfish
14-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I have installed the new version and am testing this for stability before trying anthing else. Have not tried CCcam yet as do not understand how to set it up. I wish someone would write a plain english guide to CCcam. I need to get it working soon so that my entitlments get updated. I think I am right in saying that CCcam will open biss channels. As to sharing this wont work until CCcam runs as a server on this box. I thougt that CCcam uses the softcam.key file as and when it needs.

steford1
14-02-2010, 10:55 PM
I have installed the new version and am testing this for stability before trying anthing else. Have not tried CCcam yet as do not understand how to set it up. I wish someone would write a plain english guide to CCcam. I need to get it working soon so that my entitlments get updated. I think I am right in saying that CCcam will open biss channels. As to sharing this wont work until CCcam runs as a server on this box. I thougt that CCcam uses the softcam.key file as and when it needs.

Indeed. So if I run CCcam alone I can connect to a peer and to my local newcs (reading my cards sort of) and read a local softcam.key file - which is nice.

As I see it - the Octacam with CCcam client can connect to a local cccam and to a remote one which could read a softcam.key file - however Octacam seems to have keys within it anyway and editable via KEditor (but isn't reading them from a file) - so it sounds like a messy solution as I like to update my softcam.key automatically overnight.

Ideally I'd have the Octacam running (as it's the only thing that reads my 2 cards correctly) connected to a local cccam server so I could also share the cards. Right now I can't work out how to achieve this or if it's possible at all.

cantfish
15-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Right now as far as I understand CCcam will only run as client on this box. I am also waiting to run it as a server as that is one of the only ways to update my card. As for the keys most keys do not change very often so can up date as and when( not ideal I know but at least the box is starting to do what we want).

steford1
15-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Yep getting there and at a good price. My issue still remains that I can do almost everything I want but not all at the same time and seamlessly. Not complaining though - the box is already far superior to my twin tuner HD Topfield.

cantfish
18-02-2010, 08:03 PM
New version today. 18022010

- NDS Cards improved (Sky Italia etc.)
- SmartCard Monitoring OSD Banner + fonts extended
- MCAS Cardslot + SamrtCard upgrade
- Adjustment CardSlot 1+2
- Keydatabase (Keditor) update
- Important : Pls use with SW 10789 !

Already had a lockup just leaving it on one sly channel.
Autorun with sly NDS card still does not work (still not wife frendly).

steford1
18-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Tried it also. Both my cards "Invalid" apparently. Not impressed.