PDA

View Full Version : Blank recordings MGacmd and new firmware

dizz
06-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Anyone else got this problem. Autostart set and channels ok when viewing, but recordings blank and showing extra sign. Timeshift also not working on those channels, only pause. anybody got any ideas? Working fine before, but lost all todays recordings. :(

steford1
06-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Anyone else got this problem. Autostart set and channels ok when viewing, but recordings blank and showing extra sign. Timeshift also not working on those channels, only pause. anybody got any ideas? Working fine before, but lost all todays recordings. :(

Interesting you should mention that. Was testing earlier and my recordings wouldn't play back despite ECM being sent and OK response received from newcs. Wasn't sure I'd had this working before.

It's a bit of a mess at the moment. I can get almost all things working but not all together and this and my previously working Irdeto 2 card now not working is a bit of a step backwards.

dizz
07-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Yep was working fine before, new recordings don't even show a preview pane. I think i'm going to the old firmware, as got used to having Timeshift and that doesn't work anymore. It only pauses and then jumps to the current "live" position. Bit of a backward step for me, I wish I'd left it as it was.

dizz
07-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Update. Looks like this is happening on octagons as well.

steford1
07-02-2010, 11:49 PM
I'd expect it to be happening on all the Fortis boxes if it's happening on one. Have seen it mentioned elsewhere also. Looks like someone got something wrong on this one - the 1st firmware I've installed since getting the box which wasn't as good as the previous.

cantfish
08-02-2010, 12:19 AM
I would not say it is all bad as the card reader has improved from previous versions and the plugins menu is a nice addition. Like all new boxes there seems to be ups and downs with firmware releases, let hope they learn from this and the next releases fix these bugs.

steford1
08-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Well MultiCAS is reading my Cryptoworks card but has stopped reading my previously OK Irdeto 2 card. Newcs now can't read the Irdeto 2 at all and still can't read the Crypto card - so I've gained nothing there. Agreed the plugin menu is great.

The box is still doing pretty much what I want but not quite how I want it to do it ie cards in slots not in official CAMs so they can be shared.

sgaros
11-02-2010, 01:06 AM
format the drive in fat32 file system

steford1
11-02-2010, 09:28 AM
format the drive in fat32 file system

Have done that since I got the box. Problem still exixts on latest firmware.