PDA

View Full Version : USALS Problem

PieFacE
09-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi all, was wondering if someone could help...

I've recently moved onto the "Europe Sat-Scene" .. i paid someone to come to my house, set a motorised dish up, and configure it to my box ( as i'm quite pathetic when it comes to DIY ).

Anyway, everything has been working fine on my azbox which the guy configured it too, and been happiliy watching European channels.

I've now moved to a VU+ Duo, and when it came to configure up the tuner, I chose my dish as "positioner", put my lat & long details in. Tried to then go across all the Sats but couldnt get a lock on any of them.

I plugged my Azbox back in and now that box cant get a lock on anything but 28.2. With the quality of signal being less then half it was before.

What's the best way for me to solve this issue now?

I have no idea how i've managed to break it.

Thanks for taking the time to read,

PieFacE:respect-055:

EXTRAFACTO
09-02-2010, 10:45 PM
I had simular issue...
i was advised to send dish to reference...0...south
then turn off box,unplug at mains,
then reboot...
this worked for me:respect-055:
(send to reference point south and save)

PieFacE
09-02-2010, 11:46 PM
So turn USALS on, send to South, and reboot?

EDIT: sorry for the amature question, but what exactly am i meant to save?

dodgy_guy
13-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I would send the dish to reference position (or 0 ) on the azbox - make sure you can see your dish going to neutral position which is 0. Power off your box when dish has finished moving and then hook up your new one and power it on. Then go in and set up USALs on the new box. Hope this helps cos its the way I always do it when I am changing recvrs ;)