PDA

View Full Version : whats the latest with blind scan people?

ManikM
15-02-2010, 02:46 AM
is it only the premium plus model that does blind scan effectively? or do all models now blind scan ok.

there is not much mention of the premium plus mode (from what i can see) - why is this?

are the elite, premium, and premium+ models, different hardware, or only features such as Premium has wifi etc, but otherwise is the same to the elite?

am i missing something...

i dont know much about linux, but have worked in IT for over 10 years, is linux knowledge a MUST to working with these boxes??

ta lads.

ManikM
15-02-2010, 03:12 AM
i read somewhere that the premium plus has a new tuner capable of fast blind scan...whether or not thats true or not i dont know.

iwols
15-02-2010, 11:43 AM
can only speak for premium if your getting a receiver for blindscan dont get the az ,it does not work i finished up getting a tm6900 as i got fed up of waiting for this on the az ,but then you need an az for the 422 feeds cheers

Carp95
15-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Blindscan op Premium plus is 100%

ManikM
15-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Blindscan op Premium plus is 100%

hi mate, thats what i thought, this fact is not covered on here and it SHOULD, if its DEFO working 100%

i think differences to the varying AZBOX models need highlighting on here too, as they are clearly different...

from what i can gather.

ELITE - single tuner (no WIFI)
PREMIUM - single tuner (with WIFI)
PREMIUM PLUS - dual tuner (with WIFI and hardware BLINDSCAN)

zeini
15-02-2010, 05:11 PM
This is not correct.

Also Elite and Premium are dual-tuner, called Combo-Tuner by AZBox. But there is no possibility to use both tuner at the same time. This is only possible with Premium Plus (Twintuner).

Carp95
15-02-2010, 05:24 PM
ELITE - combo tuner (no WIFI no internal hdd) software blindscan not working yet

PREMIUM - combo tuner (with WIFI and internal+external hdd poss)software blindscan not working yet

PREMIUM PLUS - dual tuner (with WIFI and internal+external hdd poss ) and hardware BLINDSCAN working

ManikM
15-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Have they totally re=worked the tuners then in the plus model? to make it a true dual tuner SAT PVR with hardware blind scan

xanadu
15-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Have they totally re=worked the tuners then in the plus model? to make it a true dual tuner SAT PVR with hardware blind scan

From what I have read, Premium+ can only record on one tuner at any time.

zeini
15-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Yes, that is unfortunately so. Also with Premium+ you only are able to record 1 programm at the same time. But at the same time you are able to look any other programm at the other tuner.

ManikM
15-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes, that is unfortunately so. Also with Premium+ you only are able to record 1 programm at the same time. But at the same time you are able to look any other programm at the other tuner.

what about recording 2 channels at the same time from same transponder?

mushroom
15-02-2010, 10:17 PM
what about recording 2 channels at the same time from same transponder?
as i am aware this can be done on all pvr receivers so possible on azbox also

ManikM
15-02-2010, 11:24 PM
as i am aware this can be done on all pvr receivers so possible on azbox also

but you dont know for sure....

FME_fta
15-02-2010, 11:48 PM
I guess the problem is the SIGMA drivers, they can't access any PID that they want from the TS.
(AFAI remember)

This was the problem for The_Ripper when he tried to make azbox compatible with DVBAPI.

This probably means only one channel in a TS at a time with existing drivers.
Although I don't know why, but with DVB-T tuner and using streaming to VLC its possible to watch one DTT in VLC and other in azbox in the same TP/TS.

digihoe
16-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I guess the problem is the SIGMA drivers, they can't access any PID that they want from the TS.
(AFAI remember)

This was the problem for The_Ripper when he tried to make azbox compatible with DVBAPI.

This probably means only one channel in a TS at a time with existing drivers.
Although I don't know why, but with DVB-T tuner and using streaming to VLC its possible to watch one DTT in VLC and other in azbox in the same TP/TS.

This can be done on satellite also... Odly you can timeshift and record at the same time...