PDA

View Full Version : DVB-S Tuner

ripper77
16-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Can I replace the DVB-S tuner from my AZBox Elite with a tuner from an AZBox Premium + or Premium ?

Carp95
16-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Tuners for Elite and Premium are the same
Tuners for Premium plus are different.

So you can swap between Elite and Premium

satwyn
16-02-2010, 07:46 PM
is it possible to upgrade premium to + by swapping the main board and possibly tuner I need the blindscan but don't want to buy complete unit if possible

alcatel
16-02-2010, 07:52 PM
is it possible to upgrade premium to + by swapping the main board and possibly tuner I need the blindscan but don't want to buy complete unit if possible

Where would you get these parts ?
I don't think its possible.

digihoe
16-02-2010, 09:15 PM

I would like to add a new S/S2-tuner with blindscan (twin function is not so important for me), since we have replaceable tuners I think this in theory should be possible...

AndyX
16-02-2010, 10:34 PM
With the blind scan being added to the the software older models as well, I wonder if a second hardware blinds scan tuner will be supplied to slot in the place provided, or is it just lazy programing?

xanadu
16-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Tuners for Elite and Premium are the same

Not strictly true!

Some tuners have been modified on older Azbox HD.

Carp95
17-02-2010, 11:38 AM
OK here we go then:

Connection to motherboard for Elite and Premium are the same.
You can't order Elite or Premium specific tuners, so tuners are the same.
Connection to motherboard on Elite and Premium is a connection cable
Modifided tuners for older boxes haven't got anything to do on how to connect to motherboard ( if thats the case you're talking about pre-production models )

You can order Premium plus specific tuners.
Connection to motherboard on Premium plus is sort of mini pci slot.

I don't give you much change in changing motherboard simply because you can't find them

slegs
17-02-2010, 02:16 PM

No, there are lots of different parts. The case is different also.

pr2
17-02-2010, 07:28 PM

It is not possible, the case, the tuners and the power supply are different.
You need to purchase a "full" Premium Plus.

satwyn
17-02-2010, 07:55 PM
yes parts not interchanable i'll wait and see if blindscan will work in future software updates