PDA

View Full Version : 0.9.4487

denton
19-02-2010, 06:56 PM
0.9.4487 is out for those interested:

fixed unmount of iso | fixed load of iptv channel list | improved image ratio and quality | subtitle tweak

Not much of interest by the look of it.

_http://fw.azupd.com/

xanadu
19-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Not much of interest by the look of it.

No different to normal then. :rofl:

gustindesser
19-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Hope "subtitle tweak" solve tiny/delay subtitles in some tv channels (cable/brazil). If positive, then hope they fix "audio/language mixed" in some tv channels. That done, I'll give up to throwing my azbox out :) :respect-057:

anyway I'm almost ordering a cuberevo hd from estonia. with a lot of firm's to choose from. open source and stuff.

So it's time for you to make my day, OpenSat! :sifone:

xanadu
19-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Out of curiosity, what do people here use subtitles for?

I always turn them off, as I never use them.

hfmls
19-02-2010, 07:50 PM
xvid mkv (me)

sofrenic
19-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Out of curiosity, what do people here use subtitles for?

I always turn them off, as I never use them.

With subtitle all starts to make sense. A very important part of the sat TV playback of subtitles.

Englishmen, Germans, .,.,. it will never understand :) :) :)

hfmls
19-02-2010, 08:06 PM
CONFIRMED!!!

watching a dvdrip 480p (normal dvdrip)
upscaled to 1080p HDMI now quality is perfect for me! just like a popcorn hour!

no more pixelization or shaked image!
4 dvdrips tested now, and 100% satisfied!
quality now is really really good.

40" 480p movie upsclaed to 1080p HDMI.
5*

tsakman
19-02-2010, 08:10 PM
I dont know if it is a bug but channels names are not displaying at azbox.Just the word "TV"

scalpel
19-02-2010, 08:19 PM
I dont know if it is a bug but channels names are not displaying at azbox.Just the word "TV"

I also have this in 4466

denton
19-02-2010, 08:26 PM
I also have this in 4466

Confirmed (Elite box).

Yet another retrospective bug...geez!

Just tested this frim and can't spot any obvious improvements.

<< and > > buttons still not working properly in TV Menu (works OK in Movie menu).

Denton

GOG
19-02-2010, 08:27 PM
CONFIRMED!!!

watching a dvdrip 480p (normal dvdrip)
upscaled to 1080p HDMI now quality is perfect for me! just like a popcorn hour!

no more pixelization or shaked image!
4 dvdrips tested now, and 100% satisfied!
quality now is really really good.

40" 480p movie upsclaed to 1080p HDMI.
5*
How is the quality on the SD-channels?

hfmls
19-02-2010, 08:28 PM
i think the same, but hispasat SD quality channels are ****ty :\
gotta check it out better, no time today.

denton
19-02-2010, 08:30 PM
How is the quality on the SD-channels?

For me, picture quality has never been an issue. It's the support (lack of) and arrogance of Closedshat that's the ****er.

Denton

GOG
19-02-2010, 08:37 PM
For me, picture quality has never been an issue. It's the support (lack of) and arrogance of Closedshat that's the ****er.

Denton
Spot on mate.

xanadu
19-02-2010, 08:46 PM

Denton

1080i has always been a bit grainy compared to other sat receivers I own.

Not tried this version yet.

donQ
19-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I tried this new fw, but the picture quality seems very poor for me, compared to previous firmware.

Also BBC HD channel has a flicker every 10 seconds or so, which if I remember rightly was an issue in a much earlier fw.

I have gone back to previous fw 4466 as this for me was the best release to date. Picture quality was good, no network problems, plays audio and various movie file types flawlessly from my computer (Mac). Plays previously recorded material done on various fw no problems. BBC HD is fine too.

I rely on emu and don't have cs so I can't comment about other issues.

hfmls
19-02-2010, 09:37 PM
i reported weeks ago problems with pixelization and shaked image while watching dvdrip (xvid). upscaled to 1080p hdmi.
was really awful! now it's fixed.

TV image quality seems the same to me :\

dennisl
19-02-2010, 09:47 PM
2 EPG crash and 2 time system hanged in 30min back to 0.9.4295. Can not see any of the fixes are for the new fw that I care about. Right now all fixes should be about stability and to get the sw to a box with good function.

Juka
19-02-2010, 10:01 PM
2 EPG crash and 2 time system hanged in 30min back to 0.9.4295. Can not see any of the fixes are for the new fw that I care about. Right now all fixes should be about stability and to get the sw to a box with good function.

Same here. Back to 4295. :svengo:

fanoSat
19-02-2010, 10:46 PM
- Video quality seems improved in TV mode, too... maybe is an impression... surely is not worst IMHO :respect-046:

- EPG give only the NOW event and not NEXT... OK not to have the weekly H24 but at least event is exepcted!

- The VFD shows only "TV"... no more functional :ack2:

gustindesser
19-02-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm done. the last time I tried to believe in O.S. and flashed a bugware.

Did you know that: versions number are chosen based in amount of bugs? It makes sense. Now I'm convinced to throw it out and buy another STB. But now with open source, options of firmware, customizable. I'm gonna try cuberevo 3000 (DVB-C).

hfmls
20-02-2010, 01:01 AM
i'm happy with current improvement on dvdrip/xvid quality with this firmware.

but 15 days or so or development and only this changes? what da hell :|

probably not putting much effort in original firmware opensat?

at least come to public and say why the slow down. Because of this and that. Fatgiant allraedy told alternative firmware being worked on. Opensat could at least admit it's enigma 2.Or at least admit it's something we would like.

gustindesser
20-02-2010, 01:57 AM
maybe OpenSat is closing their doors... that's why they don't want to hear users complainings... or maybe they don't know what to do anymore.... who knows? do they talk to public? do they give us any idea of how the things are going (to)? all I hear from FatGiant is mistery, fog, so is hfmls and the "Enigma urban legend" ;)
mates, there's some devices using enigma.... but if you want to wait for opensat, it's ok...
maybe they'll gonna wake up... maybe not.
this is not about faith or pride or football team.
Opensat, let's wake.... please?

hfmls
20-02-2010, 02:08 AM
lol, they are not closing doors 4 sure!! new alternative firmware is coming.

iwols
20-02-2010, 02:10 AM
but when plz

jimmyboy
20-02-2010, 02:15 AM
The flickering on bbcHD is resolved under settings- I had the same problem with earlier firmware change-> video- pick 16:9 or full (can't remember which) rather than 'auto.'

stevie1961
20-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Why is no work ever done on the network limitations?
Every firmware that is presented to us grudgingly has more bugs and runs slower.
I am truly starting to think that the limitations are hardware related, maybe a poor design or error at the motherboard stage when it was designed.
Over the last 12 months we have seen that they speed up channel change and the menu gets slower, now the box does not show the channel on the vfd. I think they are just tinkering around the edges.

Why do Openshat need all this secrecy surrounding the box, it does not make sense.

denton
20-02-2010, 10:30 AM
lol, they are not closing doors 4 sure!! new alternative firmware is coming.

If it's being developed by Closedshat, I don't want anything to do with it - they have shown themselves to be totally incompetent.

And if they move forward (LOL) trying to develop two firmwares, there'll never be progress.

iwols
20-02-2010, 11:41 AM
it is something else when you wait 2 weeks for a fw update and its not even worth trying ,shame on you opensat SHAME

GOG
20-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Every firmware that is presented to us grudgingly has more bugs and runs slower.
I am truly starting to think that the limitations are hardware related, maybe a poor design or error at the motherboard stage when it was designed.
Over the last 12 months we have seen that they speed up channel change and the menu gets slower, now the box does not show the channel on the vfd. I think they are just tinkering around the edges.

Why do Openshat need all this secrecy surrounding the box, it does not make sense.
The network speed is probably a hardware limitation. Hence there's no dedicated hardware for network, the Sigma CPU can't coop with 1080P decoding and high bitrates simultaneously.

valerica
20-02-2010, 12:18 PM
The network speed is 100% software limitation but they can't fix it due to crappy support from sigma , so they say . But i have my doubts ...

Cheers ,
Val .

GOG
20-02-2010, 12:28 PM
The network speed is 100% software limitation but they can't fix it due to crappy support from sigma , so they say . But i have my doubts ...

Cheers ,
Val .
Yes, I've read that too. But if the support from Sigma is so bad, why do they release a new media player containing a chip from a supplier with crappy support?

They're so full of it.

valerica
20-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Look at the sigma design based media players on the market working
perfect : that's why i wrote i have doubts regarding opensat ... The receiver was launched just to grab a piece of the market hopping they'll be able to improve it .

Cheers ,
Val .

GalwaySat
20-02-2010, 12:38 PM

I tend to agree with your observation...if you couple that with hmfl comments about new firmware it points in the direction of another new box on the horizon so we will have to upgrade or sell our current boxes again!

jkont
20-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Picture quality much WORST with this firmware !!!
No channel name on OSD.

Is this a kind of joke ?

hfmls
20-02-2010, 10:42 PM
i really dont think quality TV channels is worse. for me its the same.
in media center it's better.

ukpaisley
20-02-2010, 11:33 PM
I have been trying to stream but no joy jet , hows this fw for this, any developments I need to view stuff on my PC.

digihoe
20-02-2010, 11:51 PM
I did a reply on the offical foum today regarding frimware releases, now that thread is gone... That is such a joke (what's worse is that I was sort of complaning of the lack of communication)...

It seems I will not try this version since there is no improvments that I will take advantage of...

naveh
21-02-2010, 09:12 PM
lets wait for the next open**** release.

vrlika
21-02-2010, 10:48 PM
lets wait for the next open**** release.

lol :d

rocktheroad
22-02-2010, 10:06 AM
its rude... I like better new FailWare

tx0
28-02-2010, 12:21 PM
One more bug found, can't scan 1 TP in advanced scan. The box starts to scan all TPs. (