PDA

View Full Version : Why is Azbox the only box to display 4:2:2 feeds?

heyhey
20-02-2010, 09:27 AM
As the title says? Surely other manufactures like Vantage could implement this?

valerica
20-02-2010, 12:24 PM
For sure others can implement harris and/or tandberg protocols for feeds . Maybe they aren't interested in doing this .

Cheers ,
Val .

ManikM
20-02-2010, 12:27 PM
surely everyone wants to be able to decode 4:2:2 for the odd feed such as a BIG BOXING event or whatever..

Eugenie
20-02-2010, 12:30 PM
A very valid question...but really needs to be directed towards the issuers of stb's. All you are going to get here will mainly be speculations.

Legally, a licence is required. A spokesman of Lyngbox is just about the only one that has given a straight answer to the question...they simply did not want to pay the licence. I'd say that the overwhelming reason is that even though there seems to be a great demand for it.... the general demand over all is low, thus not really pushing the issuers to seriously consider it.

A very interesting question is...have Opensat paid a licence?

ManikM
20-02-2010, 12:36 PM
hmmmmm! i wonder.

zeini
20-02-2010, 02:13 PM
OK. But if licences are the problem, why although for DMM there is no plugin for 4:2:2 feeds?

kebien
20-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Many receivers do not have the hardware decoder for this type of feeds,even if they want to ,they couldn't display 4:2:2.
This apply to 90% of the boxes in the market.
If you want to kno if its possible,you need to look for the chipset datasheet.
I not even abut licensing completely,being 4:2:2 a commercial/professional profile ( as well as 4:4:4),there are restrictions about end user receivers having the capability : meaning NONE of the end users receivers should have it.

Just be thankful there are couple of them around,because you might not be able to see more than those in the future.

ManikM
20-02-2010, 06:26 PM
yes, i think its only AZBOX and QUALI stb that can do it?