PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Wondering, please assist me

grtmoby
24-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Please i need your help, assistance and advice.

I just bought the azbox premium+ single tuner as the double one was not available and may be will install the second tuner later, may be. I have done a lots of reading in two days but I need your advice in the following as I couldn't get answers for them anwhere ( i don't mind reading if you can point me where to find the information, I wasn't able to find it on my own):

1- I have a legal subscription of aljazeera sport (Irdeto2) smart card and want to know if i can just put it in the card reader and it will work or not.
2- if the card reader won't read my card is there any possible way to make it work thorugh certain image/addon or do i have to buy a separate CAM.
3- out of all the Multicas, incubus ,mgcamd and all the other plugins/addons .... what does each one do and do i have to install them all or what.
4- shall i be using the original firmware that came with the receiver or you advice to replace it. if yes, which images is recommended for optimum functionality and stability.
5- What is the best version to use for CCcam, i want and will use my receiver only as a client never as a server.

thank you in advance for your assistance. :respect-062:

Captain Jack
24-02-2010, 11:48 AM
MultiCAS should work fine with your Irdeto card. Just install it via OpenXCAS plugins page and away you go!

alcatel
24-02-2010, 03:23 PM
The answer to all your questions is Multicas.
it can read your card and can act as a CCcamclient.

just go to home -> plugins
install OpenXCAS,then go into OpenXCAS and download MultiCAS.

Goran made a big post about setting everything up.
best you read it thru,then everything would get clear.

search for : The Alternative Guide to AZbox HD

good luck!

denton
24-02-2010, 04:57 PM
3- out of all the Multicas, incubus ,mgcamd and all the other plugins/addons .... what does each one do and do i have to install them all or what.
4- shall i be using the original firmware that came with the receiver or you advice to replace it. if yes, which images is recommended for optimum functionality and stability.
5- What is the best version to use for CCcam, i want and will use my receiver only as a client never as a server.

As has been suggested, Multicas appears to be the answer.
Regarding 4, I recommend 9.4466, which in my opinion is the ONLY half-decent firmware (although I run it on an Elite box). The latest FW re-intorduced bugs.

HTH,
Denton

grtmoby
25-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Thank you all very much for your advice and assistance....

Hope if there are other useful information anybody can share, they would do it and thanks in advance