progress window:
Installing /var/bin/octagon.sh40

Ice_CCcam_Installer (Red cross)

Could not create file!

Im on latest firmware.
I can UNC to my icecrypt box fine, using \\192.168.0.12\root or storage

kinkdink
25-02-2010, 10:16 PM
ManikM your firewall might not be allowing the application access.

ManikM
25-02-2010, 10:22 PM
cheers mate, i had checked that first of all, but it was already off.

i just retried it, and it worked.

thanks!!!

ManikM
25-02-2010, 11:06 PM
can i use both the internal card reader with plugin for SLY CARD (octacam), and have EMU switched on via this (cccam 2.14) Plugin....?

i only ask, cos the instructions for
cccam 2.14 say to disable internal card reader....

"In Receiver Menu:

Press Menu --> Utilities --> CAS --> OK Button
Switch internal card reader OFF."

thanks!

cantfish
26-02-2010, 12:50 AM
It does not matter with Octacam if the card reader is on or off and the setting only diables the firmware for the card reader. Octacam has its own software for the card reader.

jimbob121
24-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks mate,

I have a problem when i try the installer part, i get an error

IP Address: 192.168.0.12 Password:

progress window:
Installing /var/bin/octagon.sh40

Ice_CCcam_Installer (Red cross)

Could not create file!

Im on latest firmware.
I can UNC to my icecrypt box fine, using \\192.168.0.12\root or storage

Hi Mate

I have the exact same problem but I can not get the installation to work!
I have check the firewall and its down. I can open through the UNC. Did you do anything else to resolve the isse?

Many thanks

steford1
24-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Just manually copy the files to the correct folders as per the download. Much easier.

ManikM
24-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Just manually copy the files to the correct folders as per the download. Much easier.

i dont know about easier.... but when i had this problem, i rebooted both parties, laptop and stb, then it just worked (i turned my firewall off)

jimbob121
24-03-2010, 06:15 PM

How do you know exactly what files to copy and where? there are a couple of bin directories etc?

cheers

echelon
24-03-2010, 09:01 PM
the var folder is the usual place to start on any linux box , so use var/ whatever

jimbob121
24-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Got the install to work not sure why but it did. I have added my cline but still not able to view sly channels. Do you have to selected the cam as default as per dreambox? How does the icecrypt select a cam or emu?

thanks

echelon
25-03-2010, 12:20 AM
you can set the xcam plugin to start manually , or auto , so I made mine auto , and I changed to an N line instead of a c line

details are in my thread and one of the xcam emu file threads up top

steford1
25-03-2010, 10:53 AM
How do you know exactly what files to copy and where? there are a couple of bin directories etc?

cheers

We only have access to /var so start there.

Then if the zipped download has files in bin they go in /var/bin, if it has stuff in keys they go in /var/keys and so on.

Any executable in bin now appears in the plugins menu on the box and can be stopped/started/auto'd from there or on the command line via telnet if you want to see what it's outputting/debug etc.

jimbob121
25-03-2010, 02:57 PM

Then if the zipped download has files in bin they go in /var/bin, if it has stuff in keys they go in /var/keys and so on.

Any executable in bin now appears in the plugins menu on the box and can be stopped/started/auto'd from there or on the command line via telnet if you want to see what it's outputting/debug etc.

I have the exe in the plugins menu and have it started. I have switched off the internal card reader in the CAS menu I can telnet onto the box and can ping out to google etc. I still just get scrambled service. Is there any basic i've have missed like setting default cam? I know my cline is working because it is ok in a DM800.

thanks again for any input

echelon
25-03-2010, 03:16 PM
if you have installed xcam and added the c line in the icecrypt format indicated in the kinkdink tutorial https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128716 then your c line should work after a reboot and xcamclient started or auto started

jimbob121
25-03-2010, 04:14 PM

if you have installed xcam and added the c line in the icecrypt format indicated in the kinkdink tutorial https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128716 then your c line should work after a reboot and xcamclient started or auto started

I have installed Xcamlient but when I try to start it I get

Can not start any client !

please check cardclient.conf file or network connection

thanks guys

echelon
25-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I would suggest you have not done what I suggested and put your c line in using the format listed by kinkdink , and not the same format as the one in your dm800

and dont forget to reboot once its installed

you can check for any servers using the plugin info section , where it should be listed at the top in say slot 0

jimbob121
25-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Many many thanks guys. It is now working. Like a complete arse i had not spelled the cline server correctly.

Thanks for your help echelon

cheers from a enbarassed noob