PDA

View Full Version : lmb

hav it
28-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Is there any advantage over different lmbs. I think iv got a standard one at the moment. Iv seen them with gold plated connections ect ect.

taffykid
28-02-2010, 01:06 PM
thats something i was wondering at the mo i've a bog standered Sly multi room lnb on my 1.2m dish , i'm not sure but think it's 0.6db . i've no probs running a tm6800hd, humax 5400 and a skystar 2 off it with the 6800 driving the motor . i've good signals from 28e to 5w (can't go past 5w the house is in the way).i'm not thinking as yet to change it as i've said things seem to be running well . but in the furture would i benifit from a .2db or the like.

Giga
28-02-2010, 02:41 PM
If you're going after weaker satellites It could give you some advantage before I buy, I would look for a demo/test model and see if there is gain or not. Seeing is believing. Or see it performing somewhere else (friends, trusted satellite shop, ... and not from advertising with some claims)

Detlef
28-02-2010, 03:02 PM
As Taffy said, if you are after resolving some of the weaker signals it might be the difference between pixellation and clean but if you are using a 60cm dish a far better solution is to swap it for an 80cm.

Just out of interest it is the dish area that is important so swapping a 60 for an 80 is 1.33 times bigger in diameter, it is actually 1.70 times bigger in area and thus a 70% improvement in signal - a far greater benefit than paying a fortune for a 0.1 LNB.