PDA

View Full Version : HD Playback problems TM6900 Super+

eddieaok
02-03-2010, 09:35 PM
I am using a 16 GB Cruzer USB to record with, video playback tends to stick or pixilate towards the end of recording HD on the USB stick.
From the Cruzer website I downloaded the formating tool and wiped the drive removing the various applications to increase the capacity of the drive. Playback problems are still there and 2GB of capacity is still available? do I need to remove a partition and reformat the drive?

Ed

joany
02-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Don't forget to format using f a**2 otherwise it probably won't work.
that is f-a-t-3-2

Giga
03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
2 things to try:
set leadout for recording: Main Menu
System Settings
Time Settings
Timer Lead Time:
Lead In: OFF
Lead Out: 5 Min

Test your USB Stick to see if it is a Fake:
Fake USB sticks testing (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=704550)<= click here

Chui
03-03-2010, 08:06 AM
I wonder if it is a "speed" issue when using USB with relatively low transfer speeds and HD video which has large amounts of data?
I use a freecom 500gig ext drive which has both USB and eSata. I did have playback problems with USB, but eSata/HD works fine with my TM6900HD Super.

Giga
03-03-2010, 08:21 AM
@Chui
Good you remind my of the usb speed!

in the USB menu you can test the USB speed now:
select Disk Manager
Set the Default Disk /USB0 or /USB1 to the correct USB device if you have connected more then 1.
Select Testing USB Speed and press OK

If I'm not mistaken the Timer Manager you at the bottom of the USB menu is either improved or new

baztheblade
03-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I am using a 16 GB Cruzer USB to record with, video playback tends to stick or pixilate towards the end of recording HD on the USB stick.
From the Cruzer website I downloaded the formating tool and wiped the drive removing the various applications to increase the capacity of the drive. Playback problems are still there and 2GB of capacity is still available? do I need to remove a partition and reformat the drive?

Ed

Get yourself an external usb hard drive. ive got a 500gig wd my book and stored loads of films in hd with no problem what so ever. (even looks good at the side of tv.)

Giga
03-03-2010, 05:57 PM
lucky you, no problems with Western Digital my book, not wanting to do pvr on timed recordings? while it is in sleeping mode a does not want to activate?

baztheblade
03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
lucky you, no problems with Western Digital my book, not wanting to do pvr on timed recordings? while it is in sleeping mode a does not want to activate?

I must be lucky then Giga, 1 mostly use epg for timed recordings but never tried it in sleep mode. always left the box on when using the timer.

dxman
03-03-2010, 06:34 PM
can anyone tell how to do more the 2 hrs recording,when i press twice the recording button i get an issue with the hd i can never stop it
finish to loose the recording and freeze the receiver when doing manual recording,is there a setting that i should look

Giga
03-03-2010, 07:49 PM
When you pressed recording once, wait until recording bar disappears. press record again and use left/right cursor on RCU to adjust recording time.

dxman
04-03-2010, 01:15 AM
thanks i must try that one
I was so used with the echostar 7000 i never had any problems
thank you giga

brain
11-03-2010, 12:23 AM
hi guys
I really do feel for you all having such difficulties. I just plugged in a 250G hard disk from am***n and all worked .It has been a pleasure to use. I use the EPG then timer to prog what is needed - make sure you go back to get one of the small timer windows to show the selection and press record. Turn off and leave it to do its job. dont forget to check the little red timer is showing in the front panel too. Dont switch on and change channel though. HD is no problem and records beautifully. Never had any probs with it other than a short learning burst on the programming panel. Let me know if I can be of any help.Good Luck to all of you having problems. Brain

dxman
11-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Usualy when you use the epg it will set the time automaticaly if you turn the receiver off the recording will start 5 minutes before the program start ,you can turn your receiver off then it will turn on his own then the recording should start
the only thing it doesn't do i notes the receiver stay on all the time even after the recording finish on my echostar 7000 i can set the time ,will do the recording and it will stop the recording and the receiver then shut down
this is very useful if you want to record something while you are asleep
I have not play with the tm very much but only once i want to record something with the epg but when the recording finish the receiver was still on a less i done something wrong i don't know

dxman
11-03-2010, 03:04 AM
When you pressed recording once, wait until recording bar disappears. press record again and use left/right cursor on RCU to adjust recording time.

giga that work ok for me i done a recording for about 2 and half hrs
thanks for the tip

Giga
11-03-2010, 10:04 AM
have not done EPG recording yet, Only live recordings. You can now program in the USB menu: Timer Manager
In System Settings: Time Settings: you can use the Sleep Mode and set a time to switch off there.
You can also set a Timer Lead Time for start (In) en end (Out) each for 5, 10 or 15 minutes

holmroad
11-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanx Giga - will have to have a look at that mate!:respect-055:

eddieaok
11-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the replies nice to see a healty response to the thread.
Stick now reformatted Fat 32 not tested on HD playback yet.
Would love an external HDD but spending on freeze ATM due to being in the clutches of jobcentre plus for nearly six months.

Ed

Giga
12-03-2010, 06:38 AM
small hard disc not externally powered (what is small these days: up to 320 GB), look for a speedy one (2 channel recording on same transponder). See if you can borrow one somewhere and test it.