PDA

View Full Version : icecrypt s4000 picture quality

uki
06-03-2010, 01:03 PM
A few people have been saying that the pq on this receiver is good.has anyone compared icecrypt pictures withe other receivers?if so, what receiver?

i had the same problem with dreambox dm800 when a few people said the picture was very good and i bought one and found out that the pq was the rubbish in comparison to my kathrein ufs 910 and had to eventually sell it.

i am seriously considering buying the icecrypt to replace my kathrein and can someone give me an honest assement of the pq

hollandd
06-03-2010, 01:07 PM
I think the PQ is good but can't get CCcam working so at the moment this is a very good FTA box and thats it. The pluggins are not that great and my dreambox has more functionality. I do like the icecrypt and will be sticking with it in the hope the the pluggind are better written for it so my advice is to wait a while.

mgluby
11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
My mate has a spidrebox and said the picture quality on my S4000 is better. I have managed to get the CCcam plugin working as well and there are firmware updates quite regularly which improves the box.

ManikM
11-03-2010, 02:09 PM
HD pics look brilliant, crisp and sharp.

Even SD is good upscaled.

xanadu
11-03-2010, 07:22 PM
now i know these are still quite a new box, but cant see any second hand for sale, unlike azbox

Where did you look?

Only two Azbox Premiums for sale currently on well known auction site worldwide. :D

I have seen less than ten used Premiums for sale in the 15 months or so it's been available. :)

Not exactly a mad rush to sell.... :rolleyes:

And what has this to do with Icecrypt picture quality? :rolleyes:

steford1
11-03-2010, 08:03 PM
PQ is good I reckon. Have my box fixed on 720p as it doesn't have auto change and the results on SD and HD are great on my TV (720p)