PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo with a magic eye?

vwcr
08-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi guys just wondering if anyone know a magic eye that works with this box? Just pre ordered one so would like to know in advance.

Thanks vwcr

A
08-03-2010, 12:54 PM
what magic eye ?

tango110
08-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Must be the third eye ;)

vwcr
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I currently have a sly box with a magic eye. The stb does not sit under the tv so having the magic eye under the tv allows the remote to work.

sonic1
08-03-2010, 01:51 PM
magic eye is designed for a sky box so don't expect it to work.

No reason why you could not use a video sender though.

ian51
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Plenty of other magic eyes out there, but I think they all need an RF coax cable to send the signal down. It was my undersatnding that the VU+ does not have RF out.

supathug
08-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I use a Technika video sender that I bought from Tesco here in the UK. The sender plugs into the scart socket marked for vcr and the other end has the red, yellow and white component connections that go into the sender so I can then see the picture with the receiving end upstairs! No RF coax required. It also allows you to change the channel with the remote upstairs.

foggy
08-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Just buy a powermid, plug it into a socket (each end) and use your remote

CROSSBONES
09-03-2010, 02:10 PM
If the VU has RF out then the magic eye should work.

Lavaman
09-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately the VU+ DUO doesn't have RF IN/OUT so I'm afraid the actual Sky Magic Eye idea is out, as mentioned the video sender idea would probably be the best way in this case to achieve what you want.

echelon
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
use a marmitek pyramid ( powermid ) as stated earlier ( sender in one room , receiver where the box is )

or for magic eye use , use a powered blueblaster connected to the magic eye using coax cable , and have the blaster aimed at the infra red detector , usually on the front of the unit , with the eye in the other room

both ideas would work with any box

captainglassback
09-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Have been using the Marmitek Pyramids for about 15 years. (I think!). When they work they are wonderful but I have to have the receiver propped up at a very precise angle about a foot in front of the stbs. Even then it does not always work. The transmitters are permanently lit up so are permanently transmitting something in theory. I have unplugged just about everything to find source of interference but to no avail. I was wondering if the current model, which seems to be slightly different in terme of spec as opposed to shape, was a better performer. I have tried to find out if new / old are interchangeable. (I have tried other makes, many years ago, and they behaved the same. So the fault does lie with my house!).

echelon
09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
my marmiteks are a few years old , and the transmitter here in front of me is not lit up at the moment , but can do so if I switch a table lamp on nearby

the receivers can be a bit tricky to position but the beauty of these marmiteks is there are no coax wires from eye to box

the magic eye works well with the bluedelta smartblaster or superblaster but needs a coax cable between the 2 locations

there are also the tv link plus kits , and the omnilink infrared plus kits as well

gaza43
09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
try on fle**** for one of these.
Nikkai 5.8GHz Wireless AV Video Sender Receiver Kit.
used one on my dm7000 for years. 5.8 GHz means no interference with other wireless products, i.e. your router if you have one.
gaza.

captainglassback
09-03-2010, 05:15 PM
The spec on that Nikkai looks impressive for the GBPs. Unfortunately I control in 2 extra rooms the 3 stbs, a dish and VHS controlled from the lounge (and never watch telly in the lounge!!). (I believe that I have disconnected everything to detect the source. If I believed in ghosts I would put it down to that. In theory can't be other folks' routers as problem existed before wireless was in use with routers). (Sorry to have ******ed the thread 'vwcr'!!).