PDA

View Full Version : how do i add a channel to a favourite?

ManikM
09-03-2010, 12:15 AM
i havent worked this out yet.

dizz
09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Click ok, you'll see an option for favourites. Enter your password and add the channel to each favourite group you want it in by ticking the box. Subsequent channels don't need passkey.

steford1
09-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I loved the favourites management when I 1st got the box but it's now a bit of an ordeal to change a channel. I did have only 2 channels on Tuner2 so my wife's channels on Hotbird always went via the fixed dish. For some reason all channels now seem to be on tuners 1 and 2 - not great when tuner 2 is fixed. Forcing tuner 1 involves hitting red to go through the options and choosing tuner 1 - along with setting any other options that have also changed.

Not sure how it's come to this after such a promising start. The Previous Channels list which was a handy alternative for the relatively few channels we actually watch regularly, seems to have stopped working.

ManikM
10-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I loved the favourites management when I 1st got the box but it's now a bit of an ordeal to change a channel. I did have only 2 channels on Tuner2 so my wife's channels on Hotbird always went via the fixed dish. For some reason all channels now seem to be on tuners 1 and 2 - not great when tuner 2 is fixed. Forcing tuner 1 involves hitting red to go through the options and choosing tuner 1 - along with setting any other options that have also changed.

Not sure how it's come to this after such a promising start. The Previous Channels list which was a handy alternative for the relatively few channels we actually watch regularly, seems to have stopped working.

thanks all re faves, BUT i couldnt see a tick box...?!

re channels on different tuners, there is an option to copy services to both tuners which defaults to ON, i think you need to turn it off, but i guess the damage is done.

i maybe wrong...still new to this box...

MINE crashes sometimes in the menus, which requires a SWITCH OFF and ON

steford1
10-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Interesting - maybe it didn't use to as for a while the 2 channels sat alone on tuner 2.

Will maybe have a rejig this weekend.

Thanks for the spot.