option of the two boxes
i have a very basic knowledge
of linux but willing to learn
not sure what images do in boxes
if Azbox is better box of the two ?

thoughts comments appreciated

ian51
09-03-2010, 08:28 PM
If it's support you want, forget about AZbox. Just read all the threads in the AZ section and you'll soon understand. Most of us would love to get our money back if we could. Can't comment on Spiderbox, but I think it's some sort of linux hybrid and not pure open-source linux. Maybe best to look at other options if you want to play around with different images.:respect-054:

denis1501
10-03-2010, 10:10 AM
What exactly are you looking for in this new box m8 and what's your budget??
Have you looked at a Dreambox, the new DM500 HD is being released very shortly. Or the V+ box???
Both of the above would blow the azbox or spider out of the water!

DARKMAN
10-03-2010, 06:26 PM
all for boxex been nomniate are Good.

Spiderbox for biginer and non Linux ,but with alot of options..and a lot of channels free -- bugget..

Azbox very good hardware and very good for sharing as well and mediaPlayr

V Plus new linux box Dreambox competitor.

and Dreambox allways very good box but expensive Over price..

xanadu
10-03-2010, 06:37 PM
If it's support you want, forget about AZbox. Just read all the threads in the AZ section and you'll soon understand.

What are you on about?

Support is great for the Azbox.

Just look at all the posts!

Go for the Azbox Premium Plus.

Spiderbox is more of a basic sharing type receiver.

jimrare
10-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Support is great for the Azbox.

Yeah support is great, being a year and a half on beta firmware and STILL not managing to offer a stable release shows exactly how great the support is.

freshmaker
10-03-2010, 08:20 PM
hmm i think best options is Dreambox but is to expensiv

xanadu
10-03-2010, 11:16 PM
There is no best receiver at present............

Even DM8000 I would say is not the best.....but highest price maybe....

Back in the days of analogue it would be the Chapparell Monterey M40 or the SCT version......no question!

None of current receivers are perfect due to the fact that nobody has the skills to write perfect programming. :smash:

iwols
10-03-2010, 11:25 PM
got both my conclusion azbox ok superb for 4.2.2 feeds,not too hot on media side picture ok you tube ok,channel editing especially with diseqc temporimental,support shocking

spiderbox simple to use no frills ,does what it is supposed to and thats receive sat channels media side ok,support dont know as i have not had to use it,personally think the spiderbox has a better picture quality,dont use the azbox much since i got my spiderbox,just my two pence worth