PDA

View Full Version : KGD 0.4348‏ or official F/W ?

ManikM
10-03-2010, 02:06 PM
What firmware is this based on>

Is it worth installing this, rather than the latest official firmware?

Whats everyone running?

buyukbang
10-03-2010, 02:39 PM
KGD team had done a great job, channels open faster, no freezes or glitches during 1080p playback, but as always the official firmware that it was built on (4348) has some bugs. I enjoyed using KGD firmware until 4348 starting to reset my gateway IP setting to 0.0.0.0 which caused to block all my internet connectivity.

Now I'm usng official 4487 firmware which have an improved image quality and a few reboot bugs :( But I'm happy with this firmware until KGD port their work to a new firmware.

fundidun
10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
KGD team had done a great job, channels open faster, no freezes or glitches during 1080p playback, but as always the official firmware that it was built on (4348) has some bugs. I enjoyed using KGD firmware until 4348 starting to reset my gateway IP setting to 0.0.0.0 which caused to block all my internet connectivity.

Now I'm usng official 4487 firmware which have an improved image quality and a few reboot bugs :( But I'm happy with this firmware until KGD port their work to a new firmware.

You have such problems as we have suggested that you always have to put fixed IP and DNS pointing to the ip of the router, power cycle the receiver.

Then its locks are because the boot is downloading the EPG Spanish and takes 1 minute, if you do not want this happens, simply delete the files epgKGD.

I put in this forum English EPG for channels, take a look:respect-054:

buyukbang
10-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi fundidun,

I deleted epgKGD script from start.d also used fixed IP settings as you told and tried lots of other things with no chance. The problem did not exist at first days, than it came and never gone. Whatever I set in IP settings, it reset gateway ip address 0.0.0.0. May be an exceptional case, i don't know.

You have such problems as we have suggested that you always have to put fixed IP and DNS pointing to the ip of the router, power cycle the receiver.

Then its locks are because the boot is downloading the EPG Spanish and takes 1 minute, if you do not want this happens, simply delete the files epgKGD.

I put in this forum English EPG for channels, take a look:respect-054:

xanadu
10-03-2010, 10:06 PM
What firmware is this based on>

Is it worth installing this, rather than the latest official firmware?

Whats everyone running?

I thought you had Icecrypt receiver?

fundidun
10-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I suppose that you connect directly or by cable or wifi, maybe the problem is in the network.

The steps are as follows.

Ip sets
DNS1 put the router ip
Configure
Turning the receiver.

If you still have problems I suggest that you perform a factory reset or install image again, careful not to skip step 3, which takes about 5 minutes

ManikM
11-03-2010, 01:26 AM
I thought you had Icecrypt receiver?

are you trying to be arsey? i have both.

xanadu
11-03-2010, 01:33 AM
are you trying to be arsey? i have both.

Just wondered.

Are you always in a bad mood? :D

ManikM
11-03-2010, 01:47 AM
sorry mate, thought you were having a go! yes i pondered hard for a while, but decided on an icecrypt in the end, as its really good value for money, but i still had this nagging feeling that i needed something for 4.2.2 feeds, and in the end, i received a great offer on an Azbox Premium which i simply couldnt resist.

beamobhoy
11-03-2010, 10:18 AM
i'm with buyukbang - kgd have done great work but i got sick of my ip address being reset to 0 - so not an isolated incident. Also got sick of another bug - this one being the annoying intermittant appearance of the front panel background whilst watching tv. I won't go back to kgd until these issues are sorted (now running latest f/w 4585).

fundidun
11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
i'm with buyukbang - kgd have done great work but i got sick of my ip address being reset to 0 - so not an isolated incident. Also got sick of another bug - this one being the annoying intermittant appearance of the front panel background whilst watching tv. I won't go back to kgd until these issues are sorted (now running latest f/w 4585).

As you wish but these errors already indicated that they are easily remedied and are not generated by our software, but for the beta OPENSAT.

We are waiting for the new movement OPENSAT to release the new beta KGD

buyukbang
11-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Very good news,

I'll switch to new KGD immediately whenever it is released.

Thanks to all KGD Team for their precious efforts...

As you wish but these errors already indicated that they are easily remedied and are not generated by our software, but for the beta OPENSAT.

We are waiting for the new movement OPENSAT to release the new beta KGD