PDA

View Full Version : Rubber advised on polar mounts

JoseD
10-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi. I screwed up the painting on my big SuperJack motor (can't remember model), basically it just can't handle the dish after a certain amount of inclination. I know I'm pushed it too much and what happened was that the big bracket that holds to one of the motors side slipped through on the dish weight.
I was advised by a local that I should use rubber between the bracket and the motor but I find it weird that the motor's booklet doesn't mention it, nor some of so called tutorials by experts I randomly found on the web. Should this really be necessary or it's a problem with my install ?
This is my experience (and a bad one, since I'm gonna have to paint the motor again), what's yours ?

Jose

highway1
10-03-2010, 11:58 PM
if u paint make sure u keep the drain hole clear.

if motor is old best 2 buy new pr it u good with hands wf40 it ( make sure keep away from wires )

price for motors now are cheap.

cosworth4x4
14-03-2010, 07:41 PM
do you mean a rubber into this part if so yes its ok i done it on my last actuator,i used a old bike tyre innertube.

JoseD
16-03-2010, 09:32 PM
@cosworth4x4

Yeah that's the part, don't know how it's called normally ("retaining bracket" ?).
So that's normal practice then ? Explains why mine is so tightly screwed and it still slipped, but I admit it I pushed it to the extreme:)
That's a hell of a rusty motor in there! Was it working ?

@highway1
Thanks for the reminder, the draining hole will be kept safe!

José

cosworth4x4
16-03-2010, 09:53 PM
yeah its working fine, it does look worse in that picture than it is prob due to the flash , all external rust so nothing to worry about , ill be long gone before them bolts rust through.

AJR
17-03-2010, 12:50 AM
A few turns of self amalgamating tape also does the job very well, and saves borrowing an inner tube from one of the kids bike...lol

cosworth4x4
17-03-2010, 02:08 PM
A few turns of self amalgamating tape also does the job very well, and saves borrowing an inner tube from one of the kids bike...lol

its ok it was a old inner tube i used , :respect-055:

there was no contact to childline.