PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting the S4000, Advice please?

chavo
11-03-2010, 11:27 AM
after looking at several new receivers i have my eye on this Icecrypt S4000 at Goldwafers.

I use CCcam but the box will not be a server it will be a client. can it act as a server?

I am looking for any thoughts good or bad about this box, would you buy it again? would you get something else?

steford1
11-03-2010, 11:40 AM
There are of course better and worse receivers but for the price I think it's hard to beat. Recent firmware updates have been a little flaky (although still frequent) and it's getting there. Seems stable enough with only the odd crash in my usage. Does everything I need in parts but not as a whole as yet. Can't be used as a CCCam server as yet although newcs works (but not with one of my cards still).

mgluby
11-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I bought this box and at first there seemed little or no support for it. It has got alot better. The firmware updates seem to be coming thick and fast and the support is getting alot better. If you want a box to just plug and play with little or no hassle a dreambox or spiderbox may be better but this is a decent box. My mate has a spiderbox and although configuring it to work with a CCcam server is easy he does say the picture quality is better on this box. The blind scan function is also a plus and the twin tuners are a big selling point with this box. The firmware updates are improving the box slowly but shorely.

On another note I had this box and spent over 100 hours trying to get different plugins to work with a CCcam server and now finally have it working thanks to alot of help from guys on this forum. If I had a new box tomorrow I would have it done in 5 minutes.

If its the twin tuner function you need then this box is a must if not then maybe look at some more popular alternatives ie, Dream and spider.

Hope this helps.

ManikM
11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
i love it, i set a lot of timers over many sats, and this works fine.....it moves records, and moves on and records (inc CH4 HD on a white SLY card)

RECOMMEND!!!

drahcirk
11-03-2010, 03:26 PM
i just wish i had waited and got one of these ,instead of my bad tm6900, still how long do u keep waiting,.:iagree:

ManikM
11-03-2010, 03:57 PM
sell your tm mate, and get an icecrypt.