PDA

View Full Version : im really liking my AZBOX

ManikM
12-03-2010, 02:33 AM
for youtube, and 4:2:2 feeds alone the box is great, i also like the user interface too.

:respect-055:

s_kates81
12-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Overall I love the box. It does all TV stuff excellently, and movie player is great.
Just I wished if we could have a better channel editor

zubus
12-03-2010, 06:52 AM
It's a good box, does everything I want. Like you say he channel editor could be a lot better though.

hfmls
12-03-2010, 08:52 AM
media center should be perfect by now :( quality is terrible. shaed image pixeliation

automan2
12-03-2010, 12:48 PM
i thought this was an i like my azbox thread but as usual someone uses it for negative thoughts

kinace
12-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I think a lot of the people moaning either thought they were buying a dreambox for cheaper, resellers who have to deal with customers who didnt know what they were buying or people that join this forum just to moan.

Take a look at the amount of people that have joined in the last year who only post about azbox. At any time there are hundreds viewing this section with a very vocal 15-20 cry arsing because its not a dreambox

denton
12-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I think a lot of the people moaning either thought they were buying a dreambox for cheaper, resellers who have to deal with customers who didnt know what they were buying or people that join this forum just to moan.

Take a look at the amount of people that have joined in the last year who only post about azbox. At any time there are hundreds viewing this section with a very vocal 15-20 cry arsing because its not a dreambox

Actually, I think most people are "cry-arsing" because they bought a twin tuner receiver which is anything but. And anyway you look at it, Openshat do SUCK.

I have now got rid of my Elite, but it was a pretty good machine - un fortunately, let down by poor firmware, which fails on the basics - eg. tediously slow channel change etc.

Denton

xanadu
12-03-2010, 01:50 PM
media center should be perfect by now :( quality is terrible. shaed image pixeliation

Quality is not terrible!

Very little difference between the Azbox and my PS3 as far as media player picture quality is concerned at 1080P.

I find it very difficult to find any fault with my Azbox.

There are no major problems like rebooting or crashing as there are with many other receivers.

As a satellite receiver it is pretty much perfect.

xanadu
12-03-2010, 01:57 PM
At any time there are hundreds viewing this section with a very vocal 15-20 cry arsing because its not a dreambox

The problem with forums is you generally only get people complaining, and the people that are happy don't bother posting because they know they will just get flamed by the few that are more vocal.

You will also get the sheep that follow each other and buy the 'next best box' which at the moment is said to be VU+ Duo, and if you dare saying anything bad about it, then you just get shot down in flames also!

ManikM
12-03-2010, 03:59 PM
The problem with forums is you generally only get people complaining, and the people that are happy don't bother posting because they know they will just get flamed by the few that are more vocal.

You will also get the sheep that follow each other and buy the 'next best box' which at the moment is said to be VU+ Duo, and if you dare saying anything bad about it, then you just get shot down in flames also!

haha, i like it.

stevie1961
12-03-2010, 04:29 PM
When I bought my Elite february last year, I looked carefully at the atributes of all receivers around at that time, and picked the azbox because of all the features listed on the packaging and what people were saying on several forums. I already had a dreambox, but wanted a hd reciever/mediaplayer.

I cannot still understand why people would say that their box is perfect, unless they are only interested in selling more of them. No DTS 1080, no support from Opensat. Firmware maybe, maybe not being worked on?

Yes the hardware is much better than any dreambox, but without the required software it is lacking in many functions.

I did not buy this box, thinking it was anything like a dreambox, I thought it could be better than a dreambox and when the software arrives, it probably will be, thats why I havent sold it yet!

Enigma or opensats software, I'm not bothered which will be the winner, as long as software comes soon.

Just my 2 penneth worth