PDA

View Full Version : Blank Recording

firose
14-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Upgrading the firmware from .86 to .97 I have been experienced problems to record/timeshift encrypted channels (encoded fine while watching...)
But at the same time I have not experienced any problem with any free channels with recording/timeshift.
Is there anyone experiencing the same problems or is it just me?
Is there any solution for this problem?

For the meantime i have gone back to .86 which records sometimes!

Any help is much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Firose

ManikM
14-03-2010, 11:31 AM
i record CH4 HD no problem and its on a timer which jumps from 13e to 28.2e

im on latest f/w

dizz
14-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately Mgcamd recordings stopped with the first firmware upgrade. I've been waiting for a fix for a while now as it restricts an otherwise top notch box. I especially miss the live pause and rewind. The only way to get it working again is as you mention to go back to the old firmware. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

steford1
14-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Or use Octacam for the playback (just found that out today).

Once again the box can do just about everything but not all at the same time - meaning workarounds for most things.

The fix was mentioned as on its way in the last update summary I seem to remember

firose
21-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks steford1 for the information, now I can record and playback channels with octacam but the only problem is that I cannot get the cam to start automatically!
Is there anything I can do to get the cam start automatically?

steford1
21-03-2010, 10:33 PM
It seems to run auto for me just fine (never stops).

firose
24-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Start plugins only manually !!! I have start.sh in var/etc! is that why its not start auto??
Could someone please post working config for auto start. ( XcamClient/mgcamd )
many thanks
firose

steford1
24-03-2010, 01:26 AM
start.sh was dispensed with some time ago I think. If you are running latest firmware just select autostart option in plugins menu. This creates a file that autoruns your selected progs on boot. If you have "Power On" setting when in standby the processes should never stop though.

echelon
24-03-2010, 04:07 AM
If I change the xcam client plugin to AUTO from MANUAL using the coloured buttons it auto starts the xcam client for me too , and this will run a C line or a newcamd newcs N line as required

firose
02-04-2010, 02:42 PM
After re-installing xCam,Auto start for XcamClient has been fixed and working fine now! after the recent update (v1.08.01) I am experiencing a problem when recording while " power on " records fine,when turn the " power off " while recording it goes funny on play back,freeze and stops
Is that just me? or the firmware problem??