PDA

View Full Version : EPG problem

adam afc
14-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi there
What can i do to improve EPG on my tm6800. It's really awfull, mostly it says "no information" unless i chose certain program and even then it's far from good. It shows info for the next 4-5 hours, no more.
It occures on both Astra2d and hotbird 13e.

Giga
14-03-2010, 03:08 PM
not all epg's are (fully) supported. CanalDigitaal + TVVlaanderen EPG show more then 2 events when transmitted.

Giga
14-03-2010, 03:30 PM
what are you try to achieve? Maybe other way? Check website with programguide like
http://www.eurotv.com and use timer programming in USB section?

adam afc
14-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Mainly I'm just trying to see what's on other channels. Where's the sense of epg if you have to look online. (thanks for the link)
But it's needed most when i want to record a program and info is not available.

Giga
14-03-2010, 05:43 PM
EPG are not always supported due to restrictions put in place by the package operator, lack of one system in Europe, others do not provide EPG at all. In these cases it can help to know what you can see and could record. Don't expect all (full) EPG supported in future.

RABBY
14-03-2010, 05:56 PM
adam afc

You get what you bye m8 [ Technomate ] Is cheap and cheerfull ? Think if you bye the [Dreambox ] You will get the options ? That is more supported ? Think you can put in the SKY EPG [ On certain Images ] I Could be wrong;)

adam afc
14-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Cheap or not, it's digital. I used to have an old philips for SD and had no problems with it. Strange because picture is excellent.