PDA

View Full Version : Dish peaking at 28E

captainglassback
16-03-2010, 07:31 PM
I am struggling with 2 old analogue period dishes to get a good pic on all stations at 28e. SE England. Both got new Ice Crypt lnbs, (swiftly delivered by Goldwafers!!). One is 1m and the other is mesh 70cm. Both give me a reading in the high 80%s on my meter. Both dishes are in good condition. All lnb outputs same reading. Tested with 2 Humax and 2 sly boxes. All same. I get a no signal on Food Network 50% of the time and on the 70cm at a different location I even get a bit of blocking on BBC1. Should I be buying some sort of modern dishes? Seems mad to me when folk get channels on a tiny sly dish!!

Prontopro
16-03-2010, 08:00 PM
If the dishes have become rusty then you will get a lot of signal degradation. Also check the dish to wall mountings in case they have become loose over time.

paulipm
16-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Your coax could be damaged ,water ingresion etc, I have had this problem myself in the past ,and it gives those kind of symptoms.

TheBadger
17-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I presume you've optimised skew for 28E? Where I am, 52N 3W, the required angle is -22° - a clockwise rotation of the LNB in it's holder as you look at the dish.

captainglassback
17-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks for all responses. Dishes in good condition. Brand new WF100 cable. Plenty of skewing with tester in line!

captainglassback
04-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Still have problem months later in both locations! Have done plenty of skewing! (The wierd part is that the bizarre problem is the same in 2 separate locations on 3 stbs. I am left questioning the LNBs and my meter). I am now wondering if for some utterly bizarre reason the Icecrypt LNBs dont pull in Eurobird1 as well as Astra 2D! More likely could it be something to do with the fact that I am using a Digisat Pro meter which is 5 years old? Seems to work OK but maybe that model doesn't like Eurobird1. Or am I talking rubbish in that maybe if you have found a strong 28E signal the dish should not need further tweaking / lnb skewing to pull all 28e birds in strongly?

captainglassback
12-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Have narrowed problem down. No difference between H and V receptions. Only a problem with Eurobird 1 being weak at 28e. Other 3 28e birds are fine. Given that I have an identical problem in 2 locations 120 miles apart I am left believing that the Digisat Pro is not seeing the Eurobird 1. Bizarre! Does it make sense to anyone?!

TheBadger
13-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Try changing the default transponders on the DigiSatPro for Eurobird I.

captainglassback
13-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks Badger. I can't see the option with this meter to be transponder specific. Please correct me if I am wrong. Those type of meters seem £200 ish. Not keen to pay that much just to peak 2 dishes! Will have to hire one for £35 and rush between locations!