PDA

View Full Version : Mvision Newbie Help - Hiya All

Sulla
17-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Hia Guys,

Ok, I am very new to the world of sats, I am far more familiar with games and stuff lol. I run a large games site so am very familiar with forums and stuff.

I bought an MVision HD200 Combi reciever about 6 months ago, but at the time was on a small non motor dish. I now have a full motorised dish and a neighbour who is pretty up on sats etc.

My problem is that I am a total newbie when it comes to sats, I can mod games and use pc's etc, but have no idea about codes/what to download etc.

I cannot find any good place that gives the info about MVision or what I need to download to get various channels other than freesat/FTA. I can see a lot of stuff for Technomate and other recievers but not MVision, the guy who sold me the reciever here in Ireland said that I can download soffware that will enable various channels and sat signals but I have some problems!

1) Where can I find a really good newbie guide for this?
2) Where can I download the files I need or am looking for?
2) Once said files are found, do I just put onto a usb stick and load onto the reciever?

As I said I am a total newb to this, so any help is hugely appreciated!

PS: If I have posted this in the wrong section, the please move! ;)

Cheers and thanks in advance -

Shaun

mister-t
17-03-2010, 12:01 PM
hiya shaun and welcome
there is an mvision section on here,i suggest have a read in there
then any more questions you have im sure some kind people on here will help you out
mister-t

EXTRAFACTO
17-03-2010, 12:06 PM
yeah welcome shaun...
try reading through the thread mister t directed you to
if you have any other questions etc...post your problem...try to be as clear as possible..as much detail as you can
and like mister t said...there are plenty of great guys on here who will spend their time with you trying to guide and solve any probs you have:respect-055:

Sulla
17-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Cheers guys,

Now thats what I call fast replies ;)

Wish all forums were like this lol!

Shaun

PS: Happy St Pats Day!

Satcat
17-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Welcome Sulla.
Have a look in Mvision > firmware section "Jackpot18uk" very kindly posts the up to-date firmware in there.