PDA

View Full Version : Game Over...

rocktheroad
18-03-2010, 12:12 AM
... At least for me... It is clear that all this fuss about E2 is coming exactly at launch of two concurrent boxes Vu+ Duo and DM500HD. All "proofs" of E2 signs are childish and irrelevant to any person who is able to think rationally not emotionally, and the ones who can easily separate wishes and hopes from brutal reality.

When it become clear that E2 simply can't and won't happen, at least not before most users migrate to those two players, they quickly changed strategy. We start hearing about superior FW, with BIG, and I really mean B_I_G changes, something that will altered Earth axis more than Chile earthquake... And even some credibility was added to @hflms chattering on forums by guessing at least release date...

Last thing I heard on few forums is that some mysterious buyers are offering brand new original DM800 for AzBoxes in mint condition. "Hey, there must be something happening which will double price of my box when it is published"...

We were always searching for perfect excuse for inability of Opensat to make this box to work as promised. This last time we were saying "they work on E2, don't have time for their FW", or "They are re-factoring FW in other branch, keeping small fixes in currents FW's".

All this is too familiar for me. I grew up in country torn apart with similar scenario created by politicians. I am sick of "wag the dog" scenarios, and supporting company who doesn't care about their users. I have sent last post on their official forum asking for any sign that hey know what they are doing... and when you get answer:

"Where has any of you heard us saying anything about a bug free firmware?"

You simply can't ignore amount of ignorance, denial and arrogance which at the end culminate with such unintended stupidity to publicly say that they don't plan having bug free firmware. Actually I do like that FatGiant guy, even if it is probably Hugo himself... but with such bad attitude and poor PR I am quitting my voluntary Beta testing role...

I am gonna try to make HTPC... it's adventure on it's own... but does it really differ from where are we now? I will at least feel better to put by myself bunch of good hardware in a case and try to make it work... same thing as Opensat did... but at least I will do it for myself... I am sick of testing and polishing firmware for someone who don't respect that...

kanber_kav
18-03-2010, 01:27 PM
My Htpc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDKToiXSLU
ion board
wintv nova-dvb-s2 hd
XBMC+VDR 1.7.12
:D
killall -9 AzboxHD

buyukbang
18-03-2010, 02:22 PM
I've my PC connected to the LCD TV via 10 meters log HDMI cable. I use this for mkv playback. But ASAP TV quality via tv cards is not good and not recommended for daily usage? So i bought azbox instead of a TV Card.

rocktheroad
18-03-2010, 03:09 PM
@kanber_kav, I guess you are running on standalone XBMC+VDR? What are your experiences regarding stability and speed? I am planning to go with Win7 as OS, and currently I am playing with Boxee and XBMC just as media players until I decide about sat tuner.

Currently my picks are:

Digital Devices Cine S2 (Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual)
It's Dual Tuner and looks like it has blind scan. I found out that it has following chipsets: Chipset: STV6110 Tuner,STV0900 Demodulator ,Micronas nGene APB 7202A PCIe bridge

or single tuner:

Tevii S470, which has 4:2:2 feed support, partial blind scan.
It has following chipset:M88TS2020 – DVB-S2 Tuner, M88DS3000/2 – Advanced DVB-S/S2 Demodulator.

4:2:2 feed is more important to me than dual tuners. But I still don't know if first one is 4:2:2 capable.

rocktheroad
18-03-2010, 03:19 PM
I've my PC connected to the LCD TV via 10 meters log HDMI cable. I use this for mkv playback. But ASAP TV quality via tv cards is not good and not recommended for daily usage? So i bought azbox instead of a TV Card.

I was thinking same about having standalone dedicated satellite box is better option than having PC. But I was amazed about progress which has been made on HTPC scene in a last two years...

Just imagine to read about new receiver, lets call him WuBox++ :

64bit CPU, 1.6Ghz, 2 cores, Hyper Threading, 1Mb cache
Twin DVB-S2 Tuner, blind scan support, STMicro tuners
Diseq 1, 1.1, 1.2 2.0 Support,
MPEG2/ H.264 Hardware decoding
CUDA™ Graphics processor with PureVideo HD VP3
1440p Full XD/1080p Full HD/ 720p HD Ready support
500 Gb Serial ATA II, 7200 rpm
DVD RW Optical Drive
5.1 Channel Surround Audio, Decoding DTS/AC 3, MPEG-4 (AAC-HE), MPEG-1, Layer 1, 2 and 3
10/100/1000 Mbit Network Interface
4xUSB 2.0 - Full Speed
1xHDMI, 1xDVI Interface, 1xVGA Interface
1xS/PDIF-out Optical Connector

Price 375 EUR!

Acutally it is 200 EUR box with Atom n330 /Ion based HTPC with added Dual tuner PCIe Card.

Yes, it is kind of a DIY deal, no OS, but at least it is fair from the beginning. And if I spent one year making that box to work, like I spent making AzBox work, I would be far from what Opensat did with AzBox. And it is 10 times better hardware than overrated AzBox Hardware...

hfmls
18-03-2010, 03:25 PM
does this board can play 1080p channels with linux or mediaportal in windows without problems?

i know 1080p mkv plays well, but what about 1080 channels with skystar hd2?

http://www.globaldata.pt/index.aspx?p=ProdDetailRef&ProdRef=90-MIBAN0-G0EAY0KZ

pegaman
18-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I was thinking same about having standalone dedicated satellite box is better option than having PC. But I was amazed about progress which has been made on HTPC scene in a last two years...

Just imagine to read about new receiver, lets call him WuBox++ :

64bit CPU, 1.6Ghz, 2 cores, Hyper Threading, 1Mb cache
Twin DVB-S2 Tuner, blind scan support, STMicro tuners
Diseq 1, 1.1, 1.2 2.0 Support,
MPEG2/ H.264 Hardware decoding
CUDA™ Graphics processor with PureVideo HD VP3
1440p Full XD/1080p Full HD/ 720p HD Ready support
500 Gb Serial ATA II, 7200 rpm
DVD RW Optical Drive
5.1 Channel Surround Audio, Decoding DTS/AC 3, MPEG-4 (AAC-HE), MPEG-1, Layer 1, 2 and 3
10/100/1000 Mbit Network Interface
4xUSB 2.0 - Full Speed
1xHDMI, 1xDVI Interface, 1xVGA Interface
1xS/PDIF-out Optical Connector

Price 375 EUR!

Acutally it is 200 EUR box with Atom n330 /Ion based HTPC with added Dual tuner PCIe Card.

Yes, it is kind of a DIY deal, no OS, but at least it is fair from the beginning. And if I spent one year making that box to work, like I spent making AzBox work, I would be far from what Opensat did with AzBox. And it is 10 times better hardware than overrated AzBox Hardware...

Nice post... and absolutely related to Azbox....
Nice DIY :banghead:

kanber_kav
18-03-2010, 05:21 PM
http://img300.yukle.tc/images/6493DC100305002.jpg

my case 26.4 cm*30 cm*6.5 cm < azbox case hehehehe

my Board
http://web.itzr.com.cn:81/en/product2.php?pid=101
MCP79/ATOM330 (132 $ china)
mini ide,lvds,esata vs.. Support.
Nvidia 9400 vga cart (vdpau support)

good mainboard.

(xbmclivecd vdr and xbmc pvr support I add)
kernel 2.6.31-14
Xbmc+VDR (streamdev plugin)
VDR+Xine (xine plugin)
reealchannelscan (dvb-s2 scan support)
yaepg,channellist,rotor plugin
and CCCam support (client and server)

iko
26-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Selam USta
Sonunda umudu kestin ha Azbox tan :respect-055:
XBMC projesi harika olmus bende kurdum aynen Live tv haric mukemmel ...
Aklin yolu birdir :bravo-009:

Tarzan
26-03-2010, 07:34 AM
does this board can play 1080p channels with linux or mediaportal in windows without problems?

If you are talking about Satellite channels then there are commercially NO 1080p channels broadcast in Europe for simple reasons there is not enough bandwidth...

hfmls
26-03-2010, 07:47 AM
sorry, i mean 1080i, normal HD channels.
play 1080p mkv is one thing, but mediaportal 1080i channels is other thing, what do u think?

kanber_kav
26-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Selam USta
Sonunda umudu kestin ha Azbox tan :respect-055:
XBMC projesi harika olmus bende kurdum aynen Live tv haric mukemmel ...
Aklin yolu birdir :bravo-009:

heheheh...

Umudumu kesmiştim ama elime geçen bazı dosylar nedeni ile umudum var şimdi..

bu hafta sonu linuxdvb+fb verilecek e2 ye tam uyumlu fw e2 için birazdaha beklemek gerek.. Ama benim zaten çalışan birkaç cihazım var..:respect-067:

pegaman
26-03-2010, 12:41 PM
tamam :)

iko
26-03-2010, 02:26 PM
E2 ya hayir kampanyalari bitmis sukur 1 sene sursede anladilar seni!
atom cpu 1080p gosterebiliyormu zira bende G4 lu mac mini var 720 de bile zorlaniyo merak ettim ...

kanber_kav
26-03-2010, 02:28 PM
E2 ya hayir kampanyalari bitmis sukur 1 sene sursede anladilar seni!
atom cpu 1080p gosterebiliyormu zira bende G4 lu mac mini var 720 de bile zorlaniyo merak ettim ...

sistem vdpau oldugu için zorlanma olmaz bu ionda.

hiç denmedim. hdtv güzel. bi ara denerim beni msn ye eklersen.

eme
26-03-2010, 02:35 PM
well that makes sense on an english forum ????:woot-035:

freshmaker
26-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Qa jeni ka Folni pash zotin hahah

ps.can we speek english

iko
26-03-2010, 10:06 PM
sorry guys
I know its a bit rude but Kanber knows everything but not English LOL
I hope you understand ;)

rocktheroad
27-03-2010, 11:02 PM
If you are talking about Satellite channels then there are commercially NO 1080p channels broadcast in Europe for simple reasons there is not enough bandwidth...

MyZen HD on 9E? I think it is 1080p

rocktheroad
27-03-2010, 11:24 PM
my case 26.4 cm*30 cm*6.5 cm < azbox case hehehehe

my Board

good mainboard.

kernel 2.6.31-14
VDR+Xine (xine plugin)
and CCCam support (client and server)

This is really nice... can't believe it is so small... I am currently having:

Thermaltake Bach case with VFD/Remote
Asus P5LD2 board with E6600 Core 2 duo
XFX Ati 5750 graphics
CableStar HS2 / CI slot / remote

It is huge... I had to get rid of small 2x60mm exhaust fans, and one 80mm. Replaced all by Noctua 80mm front, 140mm front (across 3 5.25 bays) and 90mm instead box cooler... It is almost silent... Ati card has stock cooler on it :( that is only thing to make noise...

Anyway currently I am on Win7, having XMBC and DbViewer... waiting to choose some satellite card which has 4:2:2 support and blindscan. Than I will probably go for dual boot with something like your setup...

My major problem is that there is not much information about DVB's on PC... at least not on english, lot of german stuff where google can't help much...

My first impression with DVB-C tuner is that PC is awesome as sat receiver for enthusiast. Having only experience with AzBox, i was overwhelmed with all kind of tech information and details with various software. And what amaze me is that simply changing software for DVB, is more like you are changing and switching to new receiver... but what others told here... usability is really big concern... zapping in DVB Viewer is slow as AzBox... upscalling is better but to be honest I was expeting litelebit more... still have to try different codecs (Cyberlink, TMT etc...) and play with settings...

But overall impression is that everyone who is real Sat enthusiast and has collection of few receivers should try to go this route... Of course, nothing can replace good sat receiver and this might be little too much hassle for some... but overall I am glad I plunged in this adventure...

It's maybe more complex than playing with AzBox and making it usable, but at least you are not limited by Opensat, licenses...

p.s. I like Turkey a lot... going there every summer... but please stick to English...

xln747
28-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi rocktheroad, try Mediaportal for your DVB software. I have it working with acamd using mdapi for encrypted channels. Seems pretty good so far on my 40in Samsung LCD and pic quality nearly as good as my AZBox Elite

noway
28-03-2010, 06:40 AM
[/QUOTE]my case 26.4 cm*30 cm*6.5 cm < azbox case hehehehe

my Board

good mainboard.

kernel 2.6.31-14
VDR+Xine (xine plugin)
and CCCam support (client and server)[/QUOTE]

can we have more details how to setup all thing (tatourial)
i am intersting to what u did also i found the same motherboard
just i need the information how to start this great project
thanks

mushroom
28-03-2010, 07:04 AM
anyone who is interested for this setup pls pm me.maybe i can help

iko
28-03-2010, 03:17 PM
kanber uses decoder card on his htpc thats why it works flawless...
that takes off almost all stress from cpu...
on that kind of system you will need nvidia graphics...
to be honest I dont know the full details but that decoder card plays big role to get perfect results...

kanber_kav
28-03-2010, 09:57 PM
kanber uses decoder card on his htpc thats why it works flawless...
that takes off almost all stress from cpu...
on that kind of system you will need nvidia graphics...
to be honest I dont know the full details but that decoder card plays big role to get perfect results...

no decoder cart.

nvidia 9400 and vdpau

digihoe
28-03-2010, 11:02 PM
There are dedicated broadcom pci-e cards for 20euro with both linux and win drivers, with one of those you can get upto 1080i with almost none cpu use (you still need somekind of gf card for video output). But graphics card today is just as good (maybe they cost little more).