PDA

View Full Version : recording 2 hd channels

ManikM
18-03-2010, 06:09 PM
does anyone know if this box can record two hd channels

i can only get bbc1hd, itvhd, and ch4 hd, and can't manage to record 2 at the same time....

has anyone successfully done this?? does it have the power?

stubs
19-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I recieved my box today and hope to have a play with it tonight when I get home from work. I pay for the full Sky HD subscription with all the chanels so I'll give it a go once I've got the box working and I'll report back :)

stubs
24-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Hey ManikM,

Sorry it's taken so long.. I've had a go and I have managed to record 2 HD channels at the same time. The box was a bit laggy, but settled down and managed to do it.

ManikM
24-03-2010, 10:24 AM
nice one mate, thats good to know.
thanx

mgc_bb
24-03-2010, 11:09 AM
What type of hard disk do you have in your unit?
Is it the 320gb version of the retail unit or did you stick your own drive in?
This seems to be very heavy on drive usage and I think a drive with 32mb cache may solve a few of the lag problems.

Still testing a few models at the moment, will continue and report findings ;)

ManikM
24-03-2010, 01:35 PM
mine is the default 320gb, but cant seem to record bbc hd and itv hd or ch4 hd together as im only looping tuner 1 to tuner 2 no direct inputs.

stubs
24-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I think I was recording to my NAS box.
Not sure what the HDD I put in the Icecrypt - it didn't come with one. It could be a Seagate (500GB out of an old Sky+HD box)

stubs
24-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Ah.. yeah I've got seperate LNB feeds

ManikM
24-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Ah.. yeah I've got seperate LNB feeds

it will be a H \ V problem for me i would imagine.

Midnight R
24-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I think I was recording to my NAS box.
Not sure what the HDD I put in the Icecrypt - it didn't come with one. It could be a Seagate (500GB out of an old Sky+HD box)

Mmm I've got an old Sky HDD lying around... did the Icecrypt format the drive itself? Was it plug and play?

Also, any luck getting the sky card to decode?

I'm getting very close to hitting the buy button!

ManikM
24-03-2010, 06:02 PM
it doesnt matter anyway mate, MCAS plugin WORKS on my SLY card, I just wanted to know if this other plugin could too.

i.e Sky channels, CH4 HD will work on your Icecrypy with MCAS plugin.

Midnight R
24-03-2010, 06:37 PM
it doesnt matter anyway mate, MCAS plugin WORKS on my SLY card, I just wanted to know if this other plugin could too.

i.e Sky channels, CH4 HD will work on your Icecrypy with MCAS plugin.

Does this include the premium channels as they seem to be where most solutions fall down.

I can already get the non premium channels using a DIablo cam.

Anyway, guess I'll soon find out I've just bought an Icecrypt :sifone:

ManikM
24-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Does this include the premium channels as they seem to be where most solutions fall down.

I can already get the non premium channels using a DIablo cam.

Anyway, guess I'll soon find out I've just bought an Icecrypt :sifone:

i dont mean descramble, i just mean it will decode an official card, depending on your sub.

ps Congrats, its a great box, even though im trying my hardest to break it, with Octagon f/w and E2

stubs
25-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Midnight:- Yes, the Sky HDD just went in and formatted ok in the Icecrypt. Great choice BTW.. I've only had mine a few days and it looks like its a winner for the money. If not, please give me 1st refusal on it :respect-059:

As for the Sky card.. I've not yet tried it in the Icecrypt as I've got it in my old DM500 upstairs in the bedroom, and using Octcam to read the card info off it over my LAN. But certainly this way works fine. I just need to sort out all the channel's into a decent order.