PDA

View Full Version : no ip address on 6900 super

cardealer
19-03-2010, 08:33 PM
can any one please help me i hav fitted loads of these no problem but i cant seem to pull the ip address on dhcp on this one box, i did connect it to a 02 router sky router no joy but i did connect it to a orange router worked no problem to a point i though it maybe a faulty box i have changed all patch,s thru serial port and still no luck, im running a 6900 super myself on the same 02 router no problem, im just putting it down to a faulty box can anyone be of any help thx

Giga
19-03-2010, 08:38 PM
If it does not work with DHCP do it manually, even after obtaining an ip adress by dhco it is better to use these then as fix IP:
IP address assigning to TM... (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=641897#post64189 7) <= click here

cardealer
20-03-2010, 05:11 PM
anybody please help i cant connect this6900 super to a sky router anybody else had the same problem just wont see it in the router, it is a dg834gt white one pulling my hair out now never had this problem with any other router

Giga
20-03-2010, 07:19 PM
did you follow the link? in the post above? lot is explained in there!
If you know how to get in your router then you know the range your homenetwork operates in.
assign a free ip address in that range to the technomate and use the same subnetmask. So in this case DHCP off and fill in the details yourself! Once you done this you should be able to ping the receiver from your receiver. If not there is something wrong with your cable to the router! If ping is ok, you can test your network: read that thread from the start.