PDA

View Full Version : using an irdeto card ?

aspergian
12-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie so please be patient...I recently purchased an Icecrypt S4000. It originally had firmware V1.07.69, and succesfully had it upgraded to V1.07.97 - thanks to instructions from ColdAsIce...

But I still cannot get the Smartcard reader to recognise my Optus Aurora (Irdeto) card...
I have tried this:

Press Menu --> Utilities --> CAS --> OK Button --> Enter PIN 1018 --> SmartCard ON/OFF

But when I press OK button, nothing happens; even after I enter 1018, nothing happens; Smartcard ON/OFF does not appear...

What am I doing wrong here? please help..

Also, after upgrading to the latest firmware (v1.07.97), it now takes soo long to start up the STB (about 5 mins!) - why is this happening? many thanks in advance

steford1
12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Something doesn't sound right - the Icecrypt is one of the quickest booters I've seen. I'd make sure nothing is set to autorun in the plugins menu for now to see if you can speed that up.

The code for the Icecrypt is 1401 or 1407 I think not 1018.

aspergian
12-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the reply steford1.

I checked the plugins menu- nothing there.

I had already done the code 1407 (and was able to get the Internal card reader ON/OFF option - which I had set to ON). It was after that I got the slow boot up problem.

I have now set the Internal card reader option to OFF, and now Icecrypt is booting up quickly again. Weird.

The Smartcard reader still doesn't recognise my Optus irdeto card though. I had found the code 1018 instructions in a post somewhere in this website, and thought that was needed to activate the card.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the Smartcard reader to recognise my Optus Irdeto card, please? Many thanks!

steford1
12-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Are you running Octacam?

aspergian
12-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Sorry don't even know what that is.. I haven't done anything on the STB apart from the firmware upgrade to v1.07.97, and the code 1407 setting... so the short answer is- probably not?

steford1
12-03-2010, 03:47 PM
If you're handy with telnet and a bit of linux you should install Octacam which may be able to read the card better - check this board for files and instructions. If not I'd suggest an Irdeto CAM that can hopefully read the card reliably and without effort.

aspergian
16-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Thanks steford1. I have read a number of posts here with instructions on loading octacam. Have downloaded and extracted the installer zip file ok. But I am stumped at what to enter in the C line.

I've read that it should look like this:

cccam2:server_address.com:12000:0/0/0:kinkdink:satdudez

But it still all sounds greek to me :-( Where do I get a server address from? I don't think I have a username/password. Can I leave the C line blank, if I just want to use my optus card on the Internal card reader? many thanks

====

UPDATE: Yes!!! It's finally working! I didn't even have to enter a C line. At first the Channels were scrambled, but after a couple of minutes, they appeared! Cool!!! Very happy with my Icecrypt! Thank you sooo much steford1 for all your suggestions.

(PS: for reference, if I want to access other channels - how do I find server address, username and password for the C line?)

steford1
16-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Yep - don't worry about servers if you just want to use the card reader.

You'll be able to clear some stuff without any extra server via the built in EMU (Nagra2/DigiTV for example) but for other stuff you'll need to utilise a C line by finding someone willing to let you have access to their server usually by offering them your card in return.

aspergian
20-03-2010, 01:12 AM
hi all.. i recently sorted out my irdeto card access and it was working fine, but every time i change channels (on a different tp), it stops working. i have to reset the plug-ins again, and re-insert card, then wait several minutes before the picture becomes unscrambled. the firmware version is v1.07.97 Can anyone help please? Many thanks

PS: just wanted to clarify - i only got my irdeto card to work using an irdeto Cam. after several unsuccessful attempts to activate the card reader, i purchased an irdeto Cam to see if that worked. before the firmware upgrade, neither the card reader nor the CI slots worked. after the upgrade, at least i got the CI slot working - but the card reader still doesn't.

dizz
20-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I know that it sounds longwinded, but I would try different versions of your emu with your card. Odd combinations of emu and firmware seem to work better on this box due to its infancy. There was another recent version of octacam that may be worth trying