PDA

View Full Version : Firmware for Spiderbox HD

Satcat
20-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I am thinking of buying a Spiderbox HD.
Can anyone tell me where to find Firmware updates for this receiver?
Are they posted on here somewhere? If so, I can't find where.
Any help or advice appreciated.
Regards,
Satcat.

mrfire
21-03-2010, 09:33 AM
go to ***** forum all tools channel lists etc posted there or look for spiderbox forum m8

Satcat
21-03-2010, 04:43 PM
So I take it nobody posts sw for Spiderbox on this forum.
Are they not very popular with Satpimp users?
Maybe I'll think again before buying, but from what i've read they seem like the next step forward for non-linux me.

Anrakh
21-03-2010, 06:28 PM
If nobody else is doing it, I'd be happy to help
Here's the latest
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=129724

There is no section for the spiderbox on this forum, right?

DARKMAN
21-03-2010, 06:42 PM
So I take it nobody posts sw for Spiderbox on this forum.
Are they not very popular with Satpimp users?
Maybe I'll think again before buying, but from what i've read they seem like the next step forward for non-linux me.

The best think to do is all ways think not one more time, but another 10 times before you go and buy the box...i am with you...

But i don't this is dificult to find the s./w?

If this Forum support or no is not hard filling to any one ...Any sponsor has the right to support more what they sell and is their decission to support or sell any box.I fully respect that...

Just for your Info what box can do only in this Time

SD and HD channels Bow BlackB'n - Chelsey

look haw many difent package all together thouse package cost 10-20 more then box...

there are only some of 1000 channels the box support without adding Cccam or Newcamd, home net and home streaming, Blind scan and other options. ...

Satcat
21-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I've done it.
Just ordered one.

gray198
21-03-2010, 07:27 PM
satcat,

youwill not regret it

gray

goonner
21-03-2010, 08:46 PM
am still learning what this box will do. its just brill. even with a misaligned dish!
which with luck i will get leaders out this week and realign dish
as gray198 say's you will not regret it
Bill

AM556
22-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Good move satcat, you'll be thinking up ways of getting more time to view TV now :respect-055:
I never thought we would have the days back that we had tooooo much to watch :bravo-009:

chris-k
23-03-2010, 05:09 PM
quote Anrakh:There is no section for the spiderbox on this forum, right?
why cant we have that???:001_07::bowing-036:

Satcat
24-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Well it came today and it's up and running.
Didn't take a lot of sorting as it has virtually the same menus etc as my Mvision. (they must be related) Even the remotes work both receivers.
Experienced a bit of freezing on "gift channels" at first, but seemed to settle down. Wife is watching ordinary TV at the moment so will check again tomorrow.
Only real problem I had today was transferring my channel list form one receiver to the other. I managed it in the end, but had to put favorites in manually. So finishing that off is something for tomorrow.
So up to now I'm very happy with my Spiderbox.
As Chris-k says it would be nice to have a Spiderbox section. How about it admin?

DARKMAN
25-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Well it came today and it's up and running.
Didn't take a lot of sorting as it has virtually the same menus etc as my Mvision. (they must be related) Even the remotes work both receivers.
Experienced a bit of freezing on "gift channels" at first, but seemed to settle down. Wife is watching ordinary TV at the moment so will check again tomorrow.
Only real problem I had today was transferring my channel list form one receiver to the other. I managed it in the end, but had to put favorites in manually. So finishing that off is something for tomorrow.
So up to now I'm very happy with my Spiderbox.
As Chris-k says it would be nice to have a Spiderbox section. How about it admin?

They are not same ...if you transfer data from one stb to others and that is not Spiderbox you could lose the right s/w by Gift and many options ,be carfully what you doing becouse you will damage the Chipset....

Satcat
26-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Took your advise Darkman, loaded a proper Spiderbox 9000HD channel list, better safe that sorry.
Busy editing it to my preferences/needs.
I'm very impressed with this receiver and what it can do, and does.

terry l
28-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Wonder if we'll get football if the right's go to tring...

BRUTUS
05-04-2010, 01:03 PM
You will get it, either on 16e or 19 east or 1 west or 13 east or even 28east (Irlande). That spiderbox is a rock...the best by far....:cup-006: