PDA

View Full Version : S4000 newbie questions

echelon
23-03-2010, 05:27 PM
hi

got one of these S4000 HD boxes and fitted a 500 gig 3.5 inch sata hdd into it ok ( formatted ok from the menu )

its got ICECRYPT.S4000HD PVR.v1.07.97 firmware on it already ( prefer to leave this on for now ) , so I scanned in 28 east

just wondering if I leave it like this and now add emus into it ?

if so , what emus should I load in ? and just one or more than one ?

looking to add a c line and also try newcs as well

also wondering if I can load in a premade channel list ?
if so , can I use a dm800 type enigma 2 channel list like cajton`s ?

is there a cccam switch plugin like on the dreambox ? ( to switch lines )

any other tips worth knowing before I start ?

thanks

steford1
23-03-2010, 07:25 PM
See my other post but I'd go Octacam (MCAS and XCam) and Newcs (but be prepared for issues with the built in card reader)

Not seen any decent/comprehensive channel lists unfortunately.

ManikM
23-03-2010, 08:21 PM
See my other post but I'd go Octacam (MCAS and XCam) and Newcs (but be prepared for issues with the built in card reader)

Not seen any decent/comprehensive channel lists unfortunately.

this is what annoys me! there are loads of juicy bits inc channel lists available on the Octagon 1018 which is THIS box.

i'll load some up and see if they work...

echelon
23-03-2010, 08:57 PM
thanks

I have done the xcas with c line and started it and that worked ok so seems ok

was wondering if I can get it to cs using newcs to a local lan box as I see cs is mentioned ?

also wondering if I can use some sort of switch to turn on and off the c lines apart from trying to use the remote or ftp to add a # to the line ?

and can I check the server ecm time and source anywhere on this like on a dreambox ?

ManikM
23-03-2010, 09:07 PM
thanks

I have done the xcas with c line and started it and that worked ok so seems ok

was wondering if I can get it to cs using newcs to a local lan box as I see cs is mentioned ?

also wondering if I can use some sort of switch to turn on and off the c lines apart from trying to use the remote or ftp to add a # to the line ?

and can I check the server ecm time and source anywhere on this like on a dreambox ?

sorry Ech, i no nothing about c/s stuff.

you might wanna google:
Incubus 0.9.7 Octagon SF1018 SF1008 HD Alliance

steford1
23-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Newcs on local PC or on the Icecrypt is fine (apart from the internal card slots).

Unfortunately MCAS and Xcam don't give much in the way of logs/config although you may be able to add/remove via XcamConfigure.

A new Incubus is out today also compatible with .97 and that can do CCcam, Newcs and EMU with softcam file all in 1 so giving that a spin now (didn't have much success with it before). Also has better logging options.

EDIT: Played with this this evening and, as usual, it's almost excellent - but not quite. Happily connects to my 2 Newcs servers and decodes, records and decodes recordings. Happily connects to a CCcam card share and decodes fine BUT will not decode DigiTV on internal Softcam EMU. May need a bit of extra fiddling but it looks like it's set up correctly. Will give it another go at the weekend. Back to XCam for now.

steford1
23-03-2010, 10:37 PM
this is what annoys me! there are loads of juicy bits inc channel lists available on the Octagon 1018 which is THIS box.

i'll load some up and see if they work...

Should work fine. Loads up in DrEdit. Stick it on a USB stick and pop it in the receiver. Job done (in theory).

echelon
24-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Should work fine. Loads up in DrEdit. Stick it on a USB stick and pop it in the receiver. Job done (in theory).

channels:-

yes , it seems thats all there is too it , although its now a few months old and not sorted how I would like , but you can data transfer the list this way using a usb stick ( file to root of stick ) and amend it yourself

xcam cs:-

xcam cccam:-
I havent been able to work out a local F and C line that works , and I suspect its the lack of a server as I am adding the local box ip in there instead of the dyndns host , so not worked out a local share over my lan using cccam as yet

newcs:-
but I have figured out that if you edit the same config file with a newcamd N line it works as a local share off that same server box
( my local lan , the host server box is using a fixed local ip )

example ( use the newcamd N section for this line , and use a # line above it for comments )

# n line below connecting to local host server on 192.168.1.100
newcamd:192.168.1.100:12000:0/0000/0000:Name:Password:01020304050607 08091011121314
#

so thats newcamd : ip address : port number : 0/0000/0000 : name : pass : 1 to 14 as above

and I can set the xcam to auto from manual in the plugin menu so a reboot activates it and shows newcamd in the server line

obviously you have to have the server running newcs and add the name and pass etc to newcs in the newcs control panel

lastly , if I add a host server I get a lot of glitching for some reason , not worked out why as its ok on the dm800HD !

steford1
24-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Yep xcam to local newcs and to external cs (cccam) works fine for me as does the latest incubus doing the same. If I can get incubus to handle EMU also then it's the better solution as it's a single program to run rather than switching to MCAS (and thus killing newcs)

ManikM
24-03-2010, 01:36 PM
can incubus decode an NDS card like MCAS can!?