PDA

View Full Version : Newbie dreambox 8000 info needed

pace508
25-03-2010, 09:29 PM
try to set fixed dish on 28e for freesat, using nabilo blackhole v12,does it matter which tuner i use A or B, when setting tuner up i only get hotbird as an option, have i done anything wrong,i am new to this so be gentle. thanks

heathercar
25-03-2010, 09:57 PM
you should just connect dish to tuner a and go into your
menu
setup
service searching
tuner configuration
and choose
simple
single
send dicep no

pace508
25-03-2010, 10:04 PM
hi heathercar
no option other than hotbird

heathercar
25-03-2010, 10:08 PM
you need to highlight hotbird and move left or right

pace508
26-03-2010, 12:39 AM
if i highlight hotbird then press right or left i get nothing connected or hotbird

oldfart
26-03-2010, 12:58 AM
its possible the satellites aren't listed in your satellites.xml file
have a look at the file/file size (should be >100K)
its in /etc/tuxbox & should look like ....

- <sat name="EuroBird 1 (28.5)" flags="1" position="285">
<transponder frequency="11222000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="0" fec_inner="2" inversion="2" modulation="1" system="0" />

- <sat name="Astra 2 A-B-C-D (28.2)" flags="1" position="282">
<transponder frequency="10714000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0" />

pace508
26-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Hi Oldfart
i am on learning curve, when you say look at satellite xml, how using dbedit if only hotbird is listed, how do i get more satellites on my list. thanks

crabber
26-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Have you looked at this website h-tp://satellites-xml.eu/ it is brilliant, allows you to pick which satellites you need and then download an up to date sat.xml file.
You can then FTP this to your box overwriting the existing one, reboot and all will be fine.

pace508
26-03-2010, 09:51 AM
made new xml file,previous one was only 13k, thanks to everyone for input, i am crawling now next hope to be walking, it may take a bit of time before i am running

heathercar
26-03-2010, 09:56 AM
try flashing oozoon full image not the lean one to your box i found that easier to use than
nabilo once you have put it on they should be there m8 .

you can free up a bit of space on your memory once you have flashed the image to do this just goto
menu
plugins
red button
skins
and delete all the skins apart from swain-hd this will free up a bit of space on your memory but has nothing to do with finding satellites
to delete the skins just highlight one and press ok to delete.

is your box connected to the internet because there is an option in the plugin server for downloading satellite xmls on the nabilo image.
but not on oozoon
its along press of one of the colour buttons to get in to addon server where you can download satellite xmls
each time you download an addon and installed it is better to reboot your box afterwards i just normally switch it on and of from back

oldfart
26-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi Oldfart
i am on learning curve, when you say look at satellite xml, how using dbedit if only hotbird is listed, how do i get more satellites on my list. thanks

Many ways to read files on your box.
I use FireFTP plugin into firefox; then ftp into the box, click on a file you want to read, then open with notepad (or notepad++).

Note on dreambox - its linux, so with text files - each line is NOT terminated with CR & LF (0D 0A) - they just need a LF (0A).
To create new text files - I have used crimson editor, then change the settings from Windows to Linux. (You only need this info if you are creating/editing files) - the satellite.xml file you download won't need changing!

Don't worry about asking for help - this is the right place!!

heathercar
28-03-2010, 01:20 AM
yes dont worry you will pick it up no probs .

why dont you try a different image i tryed nabilo to begin with but i didnt like it .
i switched to oozoon ive not looked back once i got my head around it.
i have had great help here.
i have only had my dm for 2 months im still learning how to use it.
once youve picked it up youll love it .
its the best box ever .