PDA

View Full Version : playing back a recorded 4.2.2 stream on Sunday...

ManikM
26-03-2010, 02:18 PM
on sunday, i recorded the TNA PPV feed onto USB disk ....i went to watch it back last night but it was pixelating and jumping all over the place, and generally un watchable.

i tried the playback on my PC, same thing.

does this device have problems playing back 4.2.2 DVB-S2 feeds ??

high bitrate!? it wasnt even in HD.

slegs
26-03-2010, 03:41 PM
No but recording high bitrate to USB can be a problem. Jumpiness is in the recordign not the playback

ManikM
26-03-2010, 04:44 PM
thanks for your feedback.

strange one then - do you mean that if it was an affected "feed" \ problematic recording - i would see the problem when i hit record? would it affect the live playing of the feed too?

slegs
26-03-2010, 05:51 PM
no just the recording...the recording to USB cant keep up with the live DVB stream

FME_fta
26-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Azbox really doesn't like slow (write speed) USB sticks.
You should use an external hard drive (2.5" or 3.5") for the recordings.

ManikM
26-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Azbox really doesn't like slow (write speed) USB sticks.
You should use an external hard drive (2.5" or 3.5") for the recordings.

thanks it was a USB disk actually.

it was ok on another 4.2.2 feed, maybe the bit rate was just too high, i will SCART it out to my DVD recorder next time.

oregon
27-03-2010, 02:04 PM

it was ok on another 4.2.2 feed, maybe the bit rate was just too high, i will SCART it out to my DVD recorder next time.

Let us know if you encounter "copy protected" message on your dvd recorder. Its a long-standing Azbox bug. And most annoying.

digihoe
27-03-2010, 02:10 PM
If you have a prem+ I would suggest you opt for an internal HDD, the internal HDD does not suffer from not enough speed...

FME_fta
27-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Well, as we know the fw is not reliable enough some times it will record ok, other times it won't.

I tried to record 5 minutes from Astra HD channel into my USB HDD (11-13Mbits/sec) and it recorded without a single error, but some other times I'm not so lucky.