PDA

View Full Version : Sky card - Nothing clearing

poolfan
31-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi I have sky card and subscription in my dreambox.

Nothing is clearing so I rang them up said they would send signal down.

Only thing is I dont have the sky box to match the sky card. So I cant put sky card in the matching box.

IM using cccam 2.14 server and getting handled 119 (0) ecms and 0 (0 ) emms.

I have entitlement infor up until 27-04-2010.

But nothing is clearing. Will the card update and receive ecms now thats its only in the dreambox.

Do I leave it overnight on specific channel and hope for the best?

Can I put the sky card in a sky box ( not the one that is matching the card) will that update?

echelon
31-03-2010, 07:46 PM
depends on what emu and version you are using as to if a channel will clear or not , so try newcs or perhaps the latest cccam , or both

as for updating , you can update it using any skybox , and as you say you can check the entitlements on it as well , should be several for a subscription

I dont think it will update in your dreambox but I am no expert on this and opinions vary

snakie
31-03-2010, 07:48 PM
CCcam2.1.3 and up should update the card ok.
But if nothing is clearing i suggest you find the boxid and add it in the CCcam.cfg.

poolfan
31-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Have the latest cccam 2.1.4

I have another box, that I can put it in.

When sky sent the signal the card was in the dreambox, will I need to ring them again to resend the signal once i put it in sky box?

Can I put boxid of any sky box or does it have to be the box that is paired with the card?

baz
31-03-2010, 11:14 PM
you can update the card and receive an update when calling sly to send a signal on any of the mtv channels using mgcamd with newcs , i used mgcamd 135a newcs 167 if you need to call sly to get them to send an update why not ( repair ) the card to the box you have, they will ask for version number and serial number on new box you want card matched up to, the card i have updated in db has no boxkey number as it is for setanta ireland and the six mix pack channels only, no sly sports or movies
hope this helps

crabber
01-04-2010, 02:08 AM
I don't understand if you have ever had your card in a Sky box?
As I understand it a new card will activate and pair with any sky box that it is used in.
Although Cccam from 2.1.3 and newcs/mgcam combination can read, decode and update the card I am not sure if they can activate or start the card working from new.
If this is the problem I think you would need to try the card in your official box then use the boxkey from this to get the premium channels.
I have heard of someone getting an HD box number of a receiver in a shop, telling Sky this number then activating his new card in his old SD box. He reports that all channels including HD work fine, and his card is paired with the old box number. This does suggest that a card can be started in any official box, so please let us know how you get on with yours.

poolfan
01-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I don't understand if you have ever had your card in a Sky box?
As I understand it a new card will activate and pair with any sky box that it is used in.
Although Cccam from 2.1.3 and newcs/mgcam combination can read, decode and update the card I am not sure if they can activate or start the card working from new.
If this is the problem I think you would need to try the card in your official box then use the boxkey from this to get the premium channels.
I have heard of someone getting an HD box number of a receiver in a shop, telling Sky this number then activating his new card in his old SD box. He reports that all channels including HD work fine, and his card is paired with the old box number. This does suggest that a card can be started in any official box, so please let us know how you get on with yours.

Yes I had the sky card in a sky box when I first subscribed.
Im subscribing to setanta Ireland, they told me they cant pair the card to the box only sky can do that.
I have been using an old blue expired card ( im wondering have sky just stopped this and will i need to get white sky card, will I have a problem getting the box key since the white card wont be paired to the sky box either). The only thing is the entitlements dates have been updating all along and now is at 29 of April.

poolfan
01-04-2010, 09:01 AM
you can update the card and receive an update when calling sly to send a signal on any of the mtv channels using mgcamd with newcs , i used mgcamd 135a newcs 167 if you need to call sly to get them to send an update why not ( repair ) the card to the box you have, they will ask for version number and serial number on new box you want card matched up to, the card i have updated in db has no boxkey number as it is for setanta ireland and the six mix pack channels only, no sly sports or movies
hope this helps

I have also setanta, so Im thinking it has to be the blue card ( why am im getting entitlements up until 29 of April though).

I had one card in a sky box and another in a dreambox ( cccam 2.1.4) overnight. Still nothing clearing.

Will setanta update on cccam with no boxkey?

sonic1
01-04-2010, 09:27 AM
You need the boxkey otherwise you are wasting your time.

poolfan
01-04-2010, 09:35 AM
OK quick update

Rang setanta told them I had blue card, they said they will contact sky and have new one sent out.

I had a white sky card not paired with the box, I asked him to try that.
I put the white card in a sky box and it worked.

Put it back into the dreambox and its updated to 31st of May.

Havent entered boxkeys.