PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to the official forum?

leerock
05-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Interface skin changed and i can t login or reregister.....

not that it s very important to the community,
i m just curious....:nopity:

massimo1167
05-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Opensat can change skin, but unfortunately the substance does not change!
In Italy there is a saying: "The wolf loses his hair but not vice", are trying to make up the look, but they would have done better to invest their money in developing their process of firmware rather than trying to rebuild the trick !
They are trying to make up the look, but would do better to invest their money in the development of their ****ty ****ing firmware.

hfmls
05-04-2010, 07:25 AM
yes...lets flame them for updating the forum...

dutchmatrix
05-04-2010, 07:48 AM
isn't this typical Opensat.

Its just like their firmware improve something (layout forum) and break another thing (login).
Must be the same developer doing this.....;-)

hfmls
05-04-2010, 07:50 AM
did u guys put thought in the possibility that they are making changes and don't want us to login?
it's really easy to flame everybody..wait!
when it comes online if you're still angry with them about this, flame them.

massimo1167
05-04-2010, 08:44 AM

I don't want to flame them for updating forum, but I'm very angry because their policy against customer.
How many answer they give us?
I have my box since september and is the same history.
I don't like Opensat, I don't like their recivers!
If I act in my work like Opensat, I finished working a long time.

freshmaker
05-04-2010, 09:33 AM
same story it's not just opensat ,exept dreammultimedia all other company when they sold reciver don't care 4 customer

cacul
05-04-2010, 10:35 AM
New forum, and website.

Information from the new web page:
We will attend to Anga Cable Show 2010 that will take place from 4-6 May 2010 in Cologne, Germany. You can visit us in our stand in this Europe’s leading Trade Fair for Cable, Broadband and Satellite.:respect-014:
:o21:

tx0
05-04-2010, 11:03 AM
guess they hired a new webmaster. I cant even DL fw.

cescof
05-04-2010, 11:23 AM
did u guys put thought in the possibility that they are making changes and don't want us to login?
it's really easy to flame everybody..wait!
when it comes online if you're still angry with them about this, flame them.

It's easy to flame but you are always positive with Opensat, but no enigma 2 for now , no a decebt frimware, no answer in official forum, nothing.... for now but you always are ositive.
So i'm happy to you but for me is Opensh..t . I don't want sell my azbox because i', not so rich to change decoder every week, and i would like to be happy with my azbugs... so it's just way of thinking
Regards

Robertus78
05-04-2010, 01:55 PM
It's easy to flame but you are always positive with Opensat, but no enigma 2 for now , no a decebt frimware, no answer in official forum, nothing.... for now but you always are ositive.
So i'm happy to you but for me is Opensh..t . I don't want sell my azbox because i', not so rich to change decoder every week, and i would like to be happy with my azbugs... so it's just way of thinking
Regards

It's not always the easy way to be positive but you are always flaming Opensat, there are coming changes, the firmware is good to watch telly, in Holland you get answers from the distributor, much .... for now but you always negative.

I'm sorry for you but for me the box is good. I even think to sell another one for the bedroom, but i'm not rich too..... so it's just a way of thinking.

PsiDOC
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM
The forum has been transferred from Invision Power Board to Simple Machines Forum.
I have done a couple of these transfers and if the script you use to do the transfer the forum isn't correct then you lose all the members.
There are ways and means around this but it's time consuming. Easiest way is to transfer the database again with the correct script. Please be patient and let's see how they do on this one!

Psi

dutchmatrix
05-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Í thought that it is common pratice to do tests locally to see wath happens if you migrate.
And after you fixed all the errors or maybe wrote a migration script just then you migrate your production server to the new forum.

PsiDOC
05-04-2010, 05:04 PM
That's almost the way I do it. I personally use a test server with a running backup of the forum as I don't have the resources locally but yes you are right. Never use the live site until you are 100% satisfied the scripts work. ;)

**Edit** or maybe they have decided if they don't allow access to the forums then no one can send in bug reports. That way their firmware is then classified bug free!

Psi

denton
05-04-2010, 08:25 PM
New forum, and website.

Information from the new web page:
We will attend to Anga Cable Show 2010 that will take place from 4-6 May 2010 in Cologne, Germany. You can visit us in our stand in this Europe’s leading Trade Fair for Cable, Broadband and Satellite.:respect-014:
:o21:

Shame I can't get there as I'd dearly love to punch **** right on the nose.
D

denton
05-04-2010, 08:27 PM
The forum has been transferred from Invision Power Board to Simple Machines Forum.
I have done a couple of these transfers and if the script you use to do the transfer the forum isn't correct then you lose all the members.
There are ways and means around this but it's time consuming. Easiest way is to transfer the database again with the correct script. Please be patient and let's see how they do on this one!

Psi

Rubbish, the script to use comes straight from the *** forum and is seamless (if you know what you are doing - clearly, that doesn't apply to closedshat)
D

denton
05-04-2010, 08:29 PM
guess they hired a new webmaster. I cant even DL fw.

Look like they've put their chief programmer on it, to me. Doing a fine job of messing it up - something he's used to.

D

Likvid
05-04-2010, 09:43 PM
I can login, but i haven't written any critics about Azbox either in their forum, maybe that'w why they kept me in their database?

dutchmatrix
05-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I had several of my posts deleted so i guess i had it coming.

An Error Has Occurred! There are no usernames associated with that email.

lol...just found this...try

hxxp://d40444.user22.redicom-ip.net

And they have got a job offer for a software engineer

Its a miracle they didn't make that site in frontpage.........piece of crap company

spinmar
06-04-2010, 09:07 AM
I can't login....
My username is not known....
Strange, very strange.
Moreover the registration of new users is disabled....

mushroom
06-04-2010, 10:24 AM
what is working with opensat can u tell me? forums not working,u cannot download firmware either from website or fw, no fixing bugs at fw , no real work on their fw , deleting members from forum because they expressed their opinion and list goes on.
Pls opensat do us a favour.CLOSE IT ALL AND DONT BOTHER US AGAIN.

cescof
06-04-2010, 10:40 AM
what is working with opensat can u tell me? forums not working,u cannot download firmware either from website or fw, no fixing bugs at fw , no real work on their fw , deleting members from forum because they expressed their opinion and list goes on.
Pls opensat do us a favour.CLOSE IT ALL AND DONT BOTHER US AGAIN.

The really fun is that' if you try to' write a positive post as a miracle Mr FatGiant answer immediatly, otherwise they close threads or don't answer
Really shame

pegaman
06-04-2010, 10:43 AM
ok... this is a joke now... What r they doing?? I think they are on the exit now... I lost faith even i am generally satisfied from the box. I really think that altering the speed at usb and ethernet would be a good movement...
I hope that they will come up with something!!!

mushroom
06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
ok... this is a joke now... What r they doing?? I think they are on the exit now... I lost faith even i am generally satisfied from the box. I really think that altering the speed at usb and ethernet would be a good movement...
I hope that they will come up with something!!!

I lost every hope m8 really.Ok the box works but how many years will it take to improve and fix existing bugs? Most of other brands improve and develop day by day while fixing existing bugs.Azbox....................... ...?

leerock
06-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I had several of my posts deleted so i guess i had it coming.

An Error Has Occurred! There are no usernames associated with that email.

lol...just found this...try

hxxp://d40444.user22.redicom-ip.net

And they have got a job offer for a software engineer

Its a miracle they didn't make that site in frontpage.........piece of crap company

I see they ve got a media center now....
LOL
Does it support 1080p over lan/usb?
or you ll have to wait for home media center + for that?

Juka
06-04-2010, 05:50 PM
You can all register on the new forum! It´s open!
:auto:

Regards
Juka

freshmaker
06-04-2010, 05:55 PM
i need link for forumm?

PsiDOC
06-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Well here's the official word.

Unfortunately, while moving the DataBase, and porting it to this new platform, there was severe incompatibilities, and after several hours of attempts, we have to simply give up, because there was too many problems and the time wasted on it was simply too much.

The thing that really scares me is the migration they failed to do I can do in less than an hour! Their forum wasn't that big so should have taken about 10 mins to convert the database.

Just about sums them up really.

Psi

nakata
06-04-2010, 06:55 PM
come on we are talking about the azbox company and there every thing they do they do it by the hard way:beatdeadhorse5:

the illuminati
06-04-2010, 07:04 PM
well now i'm sure they cann't come up with a bug free firmware

denton
06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Well here's the official word.

The thing that really scares me is the migration they failed to do I can do in less than an hour! Their forum wasn't that big so should have taken about 10 mins to convert the database.

Just about sums them up really.

Psi

Total incompetence! One assumes they owned the original forum software, so why the hell change anyway? Frightening stupidity. This presumably is the one and same guy that compiles the daily FW. Now wonder it's such a pile of junk.

luky
06-04-2010, 08:47 PM
What a shame. You would expect such blunder on some home made forum but not on the official company forum. All discussions are gone as well. And most importantly, at least for opensat bug list is gone as well.
I don't think they keep a copy of that for them selfs. So hurray !!!! Azbox is finally bug free!!!!

mushroom
06-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Yes .Thats the best way to have a bug free firmware :)

massimo1167
06-04-2010, 10:41 PM
my friend, I hope You change your mind, now You have all the possible evidence of their incompetence!!!

What a shame. You would expect such blunder on some home made forum but not on the official company forum. All discussions are gone as well. And most importantly, at least for opensat bug list is gone as well.
I don't think they keep a copy of that for them selfs. So hurray !!!! Azbox is finally bug free!!!!
They aren't able to do nothing.
Just a question, why they din't test the new website before to switch the new forum online????
I can't believe it, they are incompetent and amateur in everything they do.
What credibility can they have?

About the lost bug list I think is not a big problem because anyway since in most cases they not even looked ...

I would like to live near Cologne in Germany and go to Anga Cable Show 2010 to chat with H*u*g*o or someone from Opensat. I'd like too much!!!
...but I'm living in Italy:banghead:

ilje
06-04-2010, 11:21 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/313oleq.jpg

lol .................

dutchmatrix
07-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Lets all double post..in here and the same message in the official forum.
That way we can keep track what they are deleting or not approving.

I think 75% willl be disapproved.......just a friendly guess

luky
07-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Actually that message was there even in old forum, it just didn't pop out in the message box :)

massimo1167
07-04-2010, 06:32 AM
as it was managed the official forum I do not even want to waste time for registration, it's just a waste of time!

As our friend Fatgiant is able to read this forum, I'll continue to write only here.

I invite SATPIMPS administrators to open a section dedicated to firmware bugs.
I am sure that at least does not lose messages.

denton
07-04-2010, 11:58 AM
I invite SATPIMPS administrators to open a section dedicated to firmware bugs.

You think we have enough bandwidth here for that?

raskino
07-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Big problem to the database! irreparable!

waiting for official news.

hfmls
07-04-2010, 12:16 PM
news are on the official forum.
they said they tried to use same database but it was taking too much of their time.
time spent in coding?
hahaa

massimo1167
07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
You think we have enough bandwidth here for that?
:respect-applause-00
You are right, too much bugs for a single forum...

PsiDOC
07-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Big problem to the database! irreparable!

I very much doubt that. Surely not even Opensat can be that stupid?

hfmls
07-04-2010, 05:13 PM
all fast again.

dutchmatrix
07-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Did they ever hear of a daily backup.

Or even know what a backup is.
They are sinking deeper and deeper

leerock
07-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Jesus
what the hell is going in there anyway ??
How would a company who can t even make a simple step forward without messing everything else,
bring a revolutionary rock solid product in the sat market?