PDA

View Full Version : dreambox 800 hd pvr

strandman51
07-04-2010, 01:58 PM
i was installing my d/box when it appears to have crashed on me. all i have is a blue screen flashing on and off. please can any help me.????????????????

sonic1
07-04-2010, 02:19 PM
What were you doing just before the crash ?

You say installing, could you say what you were installing.
New scart cable ?
Image ?
EMU ?

strandman51
07-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Sorry for not being to clear Sonic..
What i was actualy trying to do was add a sattelite. I have just got the box and managed to load an Image with the help of Spider and Echelon. I have a motorised dish and i am on 28e with BBC FTA on. I am not sure what the next step should be eg. add settings...motor settings etc. So i thought i would try and add some sattelites before proceeding to add further software required to view the channels. It was while trying to add 19.2e that the crash occured. A message came up asking if i wanted to delete a sattelite ' YES' or 'NO' i clicked on 'NO' but it didn't respond and froze completely after about 5mins. of nothing happening i unplugged the box at the back. After about 30mins. i plugged the box back in at which point i just got a Flashing Blue Screen. I then unplugged it again and left it overnight. This morning i plugged it in and the screen came up with 'BlackHole' and 'Booting Gemini 11' and froze after about half an hour a message came up saying 'It is now safe to unplug the box' which is what i did. I then plugged it in once again after a couple of hours and that is when the Blue screen came on Flashing continuously....At that point i began to cry:)
Thanks for your help by the way Sonic1

Best regards. Strandman51

sonic1
07-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Something is corrupt for sure.
Have you tried to flash the box again ?
If you can not do so via your network you will need to try via a null modem cable.

strandman51
07-04-2010, 03:33 PM
No I haven't tried to re-flash the box because when i tried to flash it originaly with a Null Modem Cable it wouldn't connect to the PC. So i had to flash it using the box's IP over the network...I assume in it's present state i wouldn't be able to connect that way this time. One thing i didn't try was a serial cable as opposed to a Null Modem Cable as again i assumed it just wouldn't work...
What would you suggest?

Strandman51

simon 2003
07-04-2010, 03:46 PM
try to re flash over the network m8,by holding front on/off button as before

canthackit
07-04-2010, 03:51 PM
ok first things first see if you can now flash the box using the WEBIF you know that's when you pull the power wait 25 secs hold the front button in and plug in the power you should see stop then an ip address, enter that into your browser, then click on firmware update then click browse and select the image you want to install.

then let us know from there.

regards: canthackit

strandman51
07-04-2010, 04:31 PM
OK tried that and i don't get an IP on the front of the box

what do you recomend next for the step lads?

thanks.. strandman51

sonic1
07-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Next I would flash with a null modem cable and dream up.
You must use a pc with a com port not a usb converter.

strandman51
07-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Tried that Sonic...It doesn't connect to the box. It wouldn't connect this way when i first tried it either.
Thanks strandman51

echelon
07-04-2010, 05:23 PM
the web interface is only any good when its working properly

the null modem cable and dreamup is the failsafe basic way to flash a dreambox

so until you get it to connect and flash using dreamup with the null modem cable you wont get any further

what I think you should be doing whilst learning is flashing an image to the box that uses either meoboot or barry allen , preferably one with meoboot

that then means that you use a usb stick and drop images onto it using meoboot , then mess about to your hearts content as you arent touching the flash , this way the flash is used for booting but the stick is used for playing with images and learning as well

I have dream elite v1.0 in my flash , and various images on the usb stick using meoboot , and can choose one at bootup time

this way you dont risk messing up the flash , which is what you appear to have done

so somehow you need to flash it using dreamup and serial null modem cable from a proper pc running xp that also has a com port as well

strandman51
07-04-2010, 05:24 PM
What are you saying lads?:bowing-036:

Is it the bin and £48O Blown?:o15:

Best Regards.strandman51

echelon
07-04-2010, 05:26 PM
What are you saying lads?:bowing-036:

Is it the bin and £48O Blown?:o15:

Best Regards.strandman51

yes until you successfully flash it !

sonic1
07-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I would be amazed if you have managed to kill it, I am constantly flashing and crashing my box with the testing I do.
I think you need to look deeper as to why you can not connect with the null modem cable.

Tryharder
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Just a thought would it improve the chances of connecting to the box if he plugged the ethernet cable directly into the PC rather than the broadband hub. Or is that just plain daft?

rgds.Tryharder

sonic1
08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Just a thought would it improve the chances of connecting to the box if he plugged the ethernet cable directly into the PC rather than the broadband hub. Or is that just plain daft?

rgds.Tryharder

That will work if you know the IP of the box and it is ready to accept a new flash.
You can fix the IP of your box permanently if you wish. ( Info on DMM homepage for this )
You then need a crossover cable and not a standard ethernet cable.

paul01609
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
is htcp on in the router for it to give the box a ip?or was the box set to a static ip?

echelon
08-04-2010, 02:18 PM
is htcp on in the router for it to give the box a ip?or was the box set to a static ip?

this only applies if it will actually boot up

if you hold the button in and switch on the mains , it gets the next available ip from the router

so when I flash mine I get something like ip 3 or 4 , whereas when I actually boot into my flash or any images on the usb stick they are set to dhcp off and I set the ip to say 11 or whatever I decide on as a fixed ip

so the default reflash interface grabs an ip off the router , irrespective of what my images are set to do ( on or off , makes no difference to the flash interface )

the fact he cannot get a web interface up means dreamup using null modem cable ( a serial crossover cable ) is the solution here

and going direct from a pc and bypassing the router would involve the use of a crossover ethernet cable , or a straight one with a crossover adapter on one end of it

sonic1
08-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Here is a link to DMM home page on how to set a fixed IP, the info is for the 8000 but it is exactly the same for the 800.

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm-8000-manual-ip

Tryharder
08-04-2010, 02:58 PM
the fact he cannot get a web interface up means dreamup using null modem cable ( a serial crossover cable ) is the solution here

This is the problem he actualy has. He is trying to connect to the box with a null modem cable and the dream up software but for some reason it just won't connect. As i mentioned in an earlier post when he first tried to flash the unit fresh out of the box it wouldn't connect using dream up and null modem, so used the Network method instead which worked fine.
It's right that he switched off the DHCP to manually allocate it a permanent IP. Whether this has any bearing on not now being able to contact the box via the network i wouldn't know.
rgds.Tryharder

echelon
08-04-2010, 04:12 PM

This is the problem he actualy has. He is trying to connect to the box with a null modem cable and the dream up software but for some reason it just won't connect. As i mentioned in an earlier post when he first tried to flash the unit fresh out of the box it wouldn't connect using dream up and null modem, so used the Network method instead which worked fine.
It's right that he switched off the DHCP to manually allocate it a permanent IP. Whether this has any bearing on not now being able to contact the box via the network i wouldn't know.
rgds.Tryharder

true , but the web interface only works if it can boot into it , and obviously it cant boot into it

therefore only the null modem cable and dreamup is the relevant solution , as I dont think jtag is an option

the fact he cannot do either means he is stuck with it , and I dont see how we can help any further due to the fact that dreamup and null modem cable is the failsafe to get it working again , especially when the web interface fails

ie- we dont know of any other solutions , otherwise we would post them

one thing I do know is people went down this road on the tm9100 , where jtag was the final solution for a faulty flash , and it was always argued that a flash should be used just for booting , and have images on an sdcard for playing with , thereby preserving the ability to boot using the flash

I have used the same ideology on the dm800 as well , hence my earlier posts regarding the use of the flash as a means of booting only , and for months I had oozoon in the flash as recommended by sonic1 , and images on a usb stick using barry allen , which could easily have been done here , or a nabilo pureflash or dreamelite etc

my current flash is dreamelite , and meoboot for the stick images

sonic1
08-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I have already said this but I do not know of anyone who has not managed to connect via null modem.

This is you back up when all else goes wrong.

There is no jtag option for this box.

Have you tried Dream up on a m8's pc maybe ?

Again no one is confirming but you must use a com port and not USB or any other sort of converter.

Again must be null modem and not a serial cable.

danndg
08-04-2010, 04:53 PM
are you using the latest version of dreamup. i had this problem when dreamup wouldnt recognise my dm800 because i was using old version

spider
08-04-2010, 05:34 PM
i tried DreamUP V1.3.3.2 from DreamBox Tools v4.0 (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=96453)

and works as far as connecting [ain't gone go any further as i don't want to Flash me Box :eek::biggrinjester:]
usin WinXp

http://i44.tinypic.com/2vlr1ph.jpg

Jimdefruit
09-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Two thoughts come to mind.

You need to switch off the Dreambox at the mains for about 10 seconds before switching it on again and you must have the front power button pressed before re-connecting the mains.

Dreamup must be connected and started with the dreambox disconnected from the mains. Mains must only be connected when Dreamup instructs you to connect.

paul01609
09-04-2010, 11:20 AM
what about changing the port speed of the cable?had had to do this once on my 500s as it would not work

keymaster
10-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi
Did OP not say near the start he was using a seriel cable as he didn't have a nul modem cable? you need cable to be nul modem. Is receiver a clone? if so try taking out the tuner and see if it boots then.

if it still doesnt replace tuner and try the following:
download this _http://rapidshare.com/files/289346941/2nd_stage_pack.rar

how to use enforcer
1) connect dead box to dreamup, press connect
2) press ok at ca error popup, any error just press ok
3) download enforcer
4) drag enforcer in front on dreamup, press enable in enforcer
5)press flash and choose flash file
6) flash probably hangs
7) connect the broken box to dreamup, press connect and try flash, choose flash file, hopefully it works now

does not work properly in vista!
good luck
Key

spider
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Tried that Sonic...It doesn't connect to the box. It wouldn't connect this way when i first tried it either.
Thanks strandman51

check and make sure in dreamup
that you are usin the correct Port strandman51 [from Drop Down Menu]
iv'e just installed dreamup on a lappy and had to select a different port [to the default port 3] cuzz port 3 was bein used by summat else,
once i changed it from port 3 to port4 it connected :respect-050:

strandman51
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
What port speed should my port be set to? It is currently set to 9600.

keymaster
10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi
Yes, I always do
Key