PDA

View Full Version : is it fautly new octagon 1008

aapaul
07-04-2010, 02:47 PM
hi i got my new 1008 last monday .having probles with it. im getting strip down strip down the tv screen when it get warm. been on to octagon all they seem to do is ask questions this has been going for over a week now.it seem they are trying to getting out of sending me a new one. has any one got any idears whats it could be. i have done the software updates. and even gone back to a early software still the same.there is no magnetic near the box.i got two tv try the box on both of the tvs still the same help pls if poss. big thanks

aapaul
07-04-2010, 06:22 PM
hi octagon got they are saying its faulty.but i got to send it back to germany .i live in the uk. what a rip off.its there faulty box so they sould send a new one to me and exchange it on delivery. what a rip off. i was told dont wast your money. i think they was right

boxspanner 2002
07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
was this a upgrade offer from a 918hd
maybe they are trying to offload a batch of faulty boxes ?

eazy
07-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I visit a lot of forums and I've never heard a failure like that. I hope you get a new one as soon as possible.

aapaul
14-04-2010, 10:24 PM
still having probs with octagon .the support is s--t.all they do is say update and do this. so you do all that. tell them its still same fault.then they say update it again what a wast of my time .i might even send them an invoice for the time .how much shell i charge them lol.now they have started to delete my emails.its a rip off this as been going on now for 2 weeks .my advise never buy octagon take care

aapaul
05-05-2010, 01:00 AM
hi all got my box back. now it crash again lol.having problems with octagon bad cusomer service..been looking around .i thinks it software problem.or the board.it just wont boot up.there are three other people with the same fault i have found.how can i reinstall a the whole software again.i seen i might need a jtag or somrething like that.has any one please got any idears how to repair this ****y box i be very greatfull.

boxspanner 2002
05-05-2010, 08:06 AM
welcome to the sh**e owners club my octagon sf918 hd sits and collects dust

im sorry sincerely that they conned you with upgrade program
and hope you get your box sorted...

then write on all their forums advising others of very,very bad
support, i took another option, the box im getting has
ten legs and really well supported....

gooseye
07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
i seen i might need a jtag or somrething like that.has any one please got any idears how to repair this ****y box i be very greatfull.
Hi aapaul - have you tried to reflash via serial cable? There's a Loader to do this over on octagonfunclub.net in the tools-editors / 1018 section.

Exchanged my 918 for the 1008 too - had it for a week & most pleased with it. Hope I don't encounter your bad luck.

If you visit the icecrypt section of this forum they all seem very happy with the twin-tuner sibbling/clone 1018, running essentially the same firmware.

Good luck.

aapaul
07-05-2010, 05:38 PM
hi gooseye i like to flash it down the toilet lol. thanks i will try it. i sent octagon 8 email. today and they igroned all of them what service.

i found that the 1018 has no problems its only the 1008