PDA

View Full Version : problem with map?

davemaden
07-04-2010, 09:09 PM
ive tried to put latest map on tom tom 520 and maps gone on ok and activated ok but message comes on screen saying problem with map this map cannot be used on this device , whats wrong please help , is it possible device wasnt patched ? thanks

davemaden
07-04-2010, 09:47 PM
sorted it now and latest map is on tt520 . thanks . i want to put latest speed cams on now , do i load them exactly the same as with the map and do they need activating as with the map . thanks

Russell1
08-04-2010, 07:57 AM
What speed camera files Dave ?
If it's the ones I've posted on the forum, just copy the .OV2 & .BMP files into the map folder. Not used the speed camera files from Tomtom so can't really help, but they do need activating the same way as the map activation.

davemaden
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
ive loaded the latest map 845.2647 uk and roi . using BBS software and also wanted to update speed cameras to the one released dated 31/03/10 . or are these not needed or not compatable for the 520 . cant see any OV2 and BMP files in the folder . please can i have a little more help , thanks

Russell1
08-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Are you using these files ?
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=130741

davemaden
09-04-2010, 07:47 AM
yes , ive d/loaded and unzipped them . theres two files inside that say delete this and then in the folder thats remaining theres approx 70 items with different speed symbols labelled pocketgps . which of these do i need to copy to map folder . also do i copy them onto the map ive already activated on my device or do i have to start from scratch again and copy them to map folder before i load it on device and then activate them both at once ? thanks again for your help

Russell1
09-04-2010, 05:26 PM
There will be various files for all the different speed cameras - copy all of the .OV2 & .BPM files into your map folder. Don't need to do anything else - they don't need activating.
Have a look here for the guide :-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-tomtom-go.php