PDA

View Full Version : Telnet

Steve_M
08-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to telnet into my box without much success so far.
Using Win XP telnet command Telnet \\myipaddress, I get 'connecting' followed by 'cannot connect on port 23'
I've tried stopping firewall and using AAF Recovery to interrupt boot process but to no avail. Aim is to dump my mtd0.
Any help please

Steve

LeeGW
08-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Steve, you have to Telnet to the STB using a NULL modem lead via RS232 serial connection.

You'll need to use PuTTY, download link below.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=41545&stc=1&d=1270753943

1. First start a telnet conection to the STB an make a backup of the Bootloader of your box, this is very important and must be done before flashing the box to any other model.

cat /dev/mtd0 > /var/uboot.bin

2. Copy the file uboot.bin that you now find in var on the box and make a backup of this to your PC
3. Now copy a uboot.bin dump from another Fortis receiver like Octagon 1018HD and the IRD firmware file on to a fat/fat 32 formatted USB-Pen
4. Power Off your box with the powerof button at the back
5. Make a Serial Conection to your box with Putty or Hyperterminal and configure Putty port speed to 115200
6. Power On STB and Press Enter or Space on the Keyboard in your Terminal to Break the startup
7. now type in the terminal or Copy-Paste the following Sting you see below in BLUE to the Terminal Window
If you copy paste it , then to Copy and paste in the terminal window of Putty just click the RIGHT button on the mouse

vfd READ;usb reset;fatload usb 0:1 a4000000 uboot.bin;protect off 1:0-23;erase 1:0-23;cp.b 0xa4000000 0xa0000000 $filesize;protect on 1:0-23;vfd COMPLETE

Now just wait
8. When COMPLETE is shown in the VFD we are ready
9. type "reboot" without the " in the Terminal windows or restart STB
10. On the Startup it wll ask you for update STB press Red Button to Download the software an wait.
11. After Reboot the STB Writes last part and then you have a Arcon / Octagon

I take no responsibility for any damage caused to any boxes as a result of using this info.

I've used the above procedure myself without problems

steford1
08-04-2010, 11:29 PM
telnet fine over wireless lan here.