PDA

View Full Version : Image too bright in some HD channels...

Minoco
11-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Hello everybody (my first post...)

Now that everybody is talking about E2, people complaining about the official firmwares etc... I have to say that I'm quite happy with this box. But it's not perfect of course, I see one BIG problem, some hd channels seems too bright, as it had a film over them, I have to low the bright of my tv to watch them... The bad ones are for example c+hd spain, c+dcine hd. Instead c+accion hd is ok.

Is this a software problem? If some channels are ok I guess is software problem that should be priorized in the Opensat bug list... Maybe is there an old firmware version without this problem?

This, and the epg are the only two things I need to be fixed to recommend this box

Likvid
11-04-2010, 12:24 PM
It seems people from the UK complains more about Azbox than any other country when i visit all forums, don't know why, maybe somebody can answer that?

In Sweden and Germany most owners of Azbox seems to be very happy with their boxes so it makes me wonder a bit what's going on.

I beleive many people bought the original Premium box and they got screwed over when Azbox would release another revised Premium+ saying they couldn't fulfill the requirements in the original Premium box.

PsiDOC
11-04-2010, 01:37 PM
It seems people from the UK complains more about Azbox than any other country when i visit all forums, don't know why, maybe somebody can answer that?

Not quite sure how you get the O/P is British. Especially when he mentions he has problems with SPANISH HD channels?
Or are you just generalising and talking complete crap for the sake of it?

Psi

heyhey
13-04-2010, 02:03 AM
A general observation me finks :P Whinging poms lol

Minoco
15-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Anyone?? I've read that people has also problem's in some Sky Digital HD channels... but no solution

Isn't this important enough? I think is a big problem on the Azbox, DM not having this issue

xanadu
15-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Never noticed a problem.

Maybe it's your cable connections or TV?

Minoco
15-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Never noticed a problem.

Maybe it's your cable connections or TV?

I don't think so, the rest of the hd channels are ok, only problems with 3 d+ hd channels... I've heard of more people with this problem, there has to be some kind of weird bit in the stream on those channels that the Azbox doesn't handle right. And I've read about some person that hasn't the problem with Dm800, but has with the Azbox, on the same tv, so reason enough for he not to use the Azbox...

Waiting for a solution...

iwols
16-04-2010, 12:05 AM
same here had this problem since day one still no fix

iceman3108
16-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Same at my end. I have a 42" LG-LCD HD-ready panel, using an HDMI cable to connect it to the receiver. The picture on most of the Sky UK HD and some of the Canal Digital channels is much brighter than the rest of the channels. I tried another HDMI cable and even a composite one, but no improvement. The resolution is set at 1080i, but with 720p it's just the same.

Minoco
28-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Up...

for me this is by far the worst bug in the Azbox, in case some developer read this forum, I'd like him to know it and FIX IT!!! stop adding more useless funcionality and fix the bugs please

the illuminati
28-04-2010, 07:33 PM
the best picture quality is FW 3877 try it

Minoco
29-04-2010, 06:36 PM
the best picture quality is FW 3877 try it

Did that fix the too bright picture problem? I had that version but don't remember if the picture was better... are you sure?

FME_fta
29-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Did you guys reported this on the official azbox forum?

the illuminati
30-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Did you guys reported this on the official azbox forum?

why bother they will delete the post anyway

FME_fta
30-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Why would they delete a bug report?
Anyway, now any post or topic needs to be approved to be displayed, this way they don't need to delete anything.

You always have a better change that they will do something about this problem if you report it.
In the end, it's better to complain there that to just complain here.