PDA

View Full Version : S4000 card reading problem

nw0307
16-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi there. I'm very much a newbie on this but have been searching many forums for the answer and can't seem to find it. I have the HD S4000 which I love. However I have a current legit Sky card which I'd like to use in it. I've installed the latest cccam and firmware from this site and used a box key generator. I've put the boxkey line in the cfg file just how many posts have said to do it. I've even had a friend who does cardsharing check it's correct and still the receiver won't read my card saying it is invalid. I've made sure the plug in is installed etc, and inserted the card every which way up - still nothing. I thought this would be the way to view my sky but I'm obviously doing something wrong. Should I be using cccam or the xcam plugin? If xcam how do I configure the file to read my card?

Secondly, when doing a channel search, I'm not getting any HD channels coming up other that the two free to air ones. None of the Sky ones even though all the other Sky channels come up. Do I have to do a manual search for these?

Lastly thank you all for the great advice in these forums - very informative.

stubs
16-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Not sure about using the box to read a Sky card, as I've left mine in my Dreambox DM500s and the Icecrypt shares from it.

But with the channel search, it should detect the HD channels automatically... or atleast mine did. Are you doing a full search of all including non-FTA? It may be a config setting somewhere that's preventing the box searching for them? Or, is your cabling, dish & LNB up to the task?

I'm quite new to it all myself so sorry for being a little vaugue. Just wanted to tell you it *should* find the HD channels itself.

Good luck

stubs
16-04-2010, 11:28 AM
As a thought, do you have the HD subscription on your Sky card? If so, I guess you would have a Sky+HD box, and if that works ok with your dish setup then it must be a setting that's been overlooked on the S4000.

I did a full blind search if I recall correctly.

nw0307
16-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. I did a blind search eventually as when I initially did a auto search some of the channels like itv and channel 4 were encrypted. If I do another blind search will it wipe all my channel settings I already have? If so I think I'll just do a manual search for the HD channels as it took me forever to sort them all (lol). I have a HD subscription but as I can't use the card reader yet it's not getting used. I've since read that using the MCAS reader works but apparently doesn't unscramble Sports and Movies?? If I use the MCAS plugin, is there a description of what I need to put in it's config file to pair my card with the box?

ManikM
16-04-2010, 01:15 PM
no it will only add more not wipe previous...

it only ADDS transponders it finds to its database, and then then will scan and add only new TV services it finds.

stubs
16-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I can't honestly say what it would do... I can't seem to get my head around the channel settings.

I've tried using DrEditHD to create a nice organised list of the channels that I want and transfer it over to my box and it doesn't seem to work. I need to have a play, but feel like i'm going to end up going through manually and organising it the long way :(

stubs
16-04-2010, 01:18 PM
no it will only add more not wipe previous...

it only ADDS transponders it finds to its database, and then then will scan and add only new TV services it finds.

Ah! so that may be why I've got loads of channels?... How do you clear them entirely?

I basically want just the UK Sky channels, organised the way they are on Sky :001_07:

nw0307
16-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Ah! so that may be why I've got loads of channels?... How do you clear them entirely?

I basically want just the UK Sky channels, organised the way they are on Sky :001_07:

Not that I'm much of an expert hence me having to start this thread :willy_nilly: but I seem to think there is an option in the system menu that says you can do a full factory reset or a service reset. I think I'll do a backup of my services which is also on that menu and then do a full reset and then do a blind search again. If there's too much to sort through I can just restore my orginal services I think.

Still trying to find out how to get my sky card to unscramble though.

steford
16-04-2010, 02:15 PM

Always an issue on a non-Sky box. My preference is to just go manually through the transponders using something like Lyngsat so you don't get things you don't need. Then delete/reorder anything you don't want via STB or software.

echelon
16-04-2010, 02:20 PM
you will find that you can organise your channels using the favs , and I have made groupings to add to those already there

so you have say

main channels

factual channels

music channels

movie channels

sport channels

kids channels

HD channels

etc , etc

and I already posted my list at the top of this forum too

stubs
16-04-2010, 02:51 PM
you will find that you can organise your channels using the favs , and I have made groupings to add to those already there

so you have say

main channels

factual channels

music channels

movie channels

sport channels

kids channels

HD channels

etc , etc

and I already posted my list at the top of this forum too

I did try using your list after editing it in DrEditHD to remove all non-28.2 content but for some reason, the favorites did not seem to work correctly and only contained 1 channel. To be honest, I don't think DrEditHD is that great to use in comparison to other software I've used for Dreambox editing.. but that said I've not had too much time to mess with it.

I will give it another try with your listing echelon... thanks :respect-055:

dizz
16-04-2010, 05:43 PM
You can sort the list in the options so that hd channels are at the bottom.

Midnight R
16-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I managed to get Dredit to work well for me and it organised my channels the way that I wanted.

Unfortunately it also seems to clear my dish positioner settings which is a pain as I use a combination of Usals and Disqec on my setup. I've now resorted to editing the rest of my channels via the stb.

As for reading your card its simply a matter of putting the card in chip facing down and firing up mcas. When you start the mcas via plugins you should see a msg saying intialising card and then it will start. No need to configue any config files as as far as I know it will not accept a boxkey at this point in time. So no sports or movies I'm afraid. Works well for the basic HD channels though.

As for sharing I find that kinkdinks installer to be as good as it gets at this stage running xcam. My setup with my cline seems reasonably stable with the occasional glitch but rarely any freezes.

nw0307
18-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I've installed Mcas and it isn't reading my card at all. It says initialising card but all my channels are still scrambled. Also, I've been testing Xcam and have a cline to test (my friend has a dreambox server set up). I fire up xcam and it says xcam 212 (most recent one) xcam client install complete. But I test any of the channels and they are scrambled. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong?

mgluby
18-04-2010, 01:18 PM
how are you configuring the cline?

mgluby
18-04-2010, 01:25 PM
At the bottom of the xcam config file you configure the c line like so:

C line examle, C: server Port username password = C: server.com 1200 user pass

The xcam line needs to be configured like so:

cccam2:server.com:1200:0/0/0:user:Pass

make sure you dont use a # in front of the line of it wont be used.

nw0307
18-04-2010, 01:37 PM
At the bottom of the xcam config file you configure the c line like so:

C line examle, C: server Port username password = C: server.com 1200 user pass

The xcam line needs to be configured like so:

cccam2:server.com:1200:0/0/0:user:Pass

make sure you dont use a # in front of the line of it wont be used.

yep that is exactly how I'm configuring it. There's no hash in front. I'm at a loss to know why it won't work. I'll double check the server info tomorrow when back at work and see if it is correct. Appreciate everyone's help on this.

Midnight R
18-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Regarding mcas make sure that xcam is switched off before you try using it.

Only other thing I can think of is to go into the var file folder and delete the plugin if you are using one and install mcas and xcam via kinkdinks installer.

Config the cline in the kinkdink etc config file and then install.

You're sure that the ice is connected to internet I assume?

nw0307
18-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey. Thanks Midnight. I had xcam running so turned it off and the card is reading fine. Anyway, I turned everything off and then xcam back on and guess what...I can get all the channels now. Don't know what was going wrong before but it seems to be working now. Thanks to everyone for being a great help. I'm now going to rescan my channels so I can get the HD ones.

Midnight R
18-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Great stuff!

I've found that if I set Xcam to auto start and switch mcas off xcam runs every time I switch the box on.

I'm finding xcam reasonably stable so I don't bother with my card at the moment.