PDA

View Full Version : AAF Recovery Tool

Steve_M
19-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Having a play around with the AAF Recovery Tool v3.1.

I'd like to back-up and have a look at my bootargs. I've been following the guide but when I go onto the Maxi bootdesc Defaults tab I find the Save bootargs box greyed out.

Also, on the Reseller-id tab, I see the id for the Icecrypt but again it is all greyed out so no facility for changing.

Any help please ?

ManikM
19-04-2010, 07:14 PM
yeah mate i had the same, and then gave up on it....

official E2 coming soon, just wait a few more days.

denton
19-04-2010, 07:58 PM
There's as much chance of an official E2 for this box as there is for the AZbug.
There is already an E2 image but it is NOT official.
Denton

ManikM
19-04-2010, 09:40 PM
There's as much chance of an official E2 for this box as there is for the AZbug.
There is already an E2 image but it is NOT official.
Denton

whatever !

EDIT - u are right, i didnt mean official - sorry. Just E2 for the Ice, and not Octagon

denton
20-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Having a play around with the AAF Recovery Tool v3.1.

I'd like to back-up and have a look at my bootargs. I've been following the guide but when I go onto the Maxi bootdesc Defaults tab I find the Save bootargs box greyed out.

Also, on the Reseller-id tab, I see the id for the Icecrypt but again it is all greyed out so no facility for changing.

Any help please ?

If I understand it correctly, you have to load the maxi bootloader first, then set the bootargs for that. Similarly with the reseller ID - after flashing the new loader you should be able to do it.
I'm was going to have a go this evening but am now watching footy - so will try later (tomorrow?) and will report back - hopefully with a working box and not a brick :-)

jgdin
20-04-2010, 09:39 PM
I changed the reseller id to atevio simply because that is what aaf had said the recovery tool was written for .After saving the bootargs I changed it back to Icecrypt .Cant remember the option being greyed out though at anytime .

Steve_M
20-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I think the answer is that the Maxi U-boot has to be installed first and then both the Save bootargs and the Reseller-id tabs will then be enabled. I might give it a go tomorrow.

denton
21-04-2010, 09:49 AM
I think the answer is that the Maxi U-boot has to be installed first and then both the Save bootargs and the Reseller-id tabs will then be enabled. I might give it a go tomorrow.

That's how I understand it too. I think the way to go is E2 in flash, so you'll need Maxiboot installer v0.3 too.

Denton