PDA

View Full Version : spiderbox 9000hd

speedway
19-04-2010, 10:26 PM
received my receiver today, connected it and nothing. changed the fuse in the plug but nothing lights up on the front panel. surely i cant be doing anything wrong ive just reconnected my tm 5400 and it works ok . sent lee an e-mail about it .wondered if anyone can suggest anything to help:confused:

AM556
19-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Speedway, do you have a 2 or 3 pin plug? If like mine (a 2 way plug) see if anything changes if you "wiggle" the plug in the socket.
Alternatively, I have heard of a couple of instances where a plug to the front pannel has come adrift whilst shipped. However, opening the box to check may invalidate your warranty and YOU MUST contact Lee for consent (provided you yourself feel confident in checking the cable).

speedway
20-04-2010, 12:20 AM
it has a two pin plug which inserts in a three pin adapter.have tried wiggling it but makes no difference. i suppose it is possible what you say about something may have come adrift when being shipped. however with a further chat with lee he has decided to arrange to have the receiver collected for further investigation.

LeeGW
20-04-2010, 12:18 PM
I've arranged to have the box collected today, so when I receive the box back I'll check the connector pins from the PSU to the motherboard haven't come loose in transit.

Cheers

Lee.

Satcat
20-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Probably a stupid question, but did you switch it on at the back on the box?

DARKMAN
20-04-2010, 06:45 PM
it has a two pin plug which inserts in a three pin adapter.have tried wiggling it but makes no difference. i suppose it is possible what you say about something may have come adrift when being shipped. however with a further chat with lee he has decided to arrange to have the receiver collected for further investigation.

One advaice...

Open the box by your self ...and check maybe a pins are gone out....has hapenst some time during transportatios.

Takes 2 min to be check i am sure is just a pin plug on boad front panels goes off.

speedway
20-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Probably a stupid question, but did you switch it on at the back on the box?
was worth a mention but yes i did thanks anyway

speedway
20-04-2010, 07:47 PM
One advaice...

Open the box by your self ...and check maybe a pins are gone out....has hapenst some time during transportatios.

Takes 2 min to be check i am sure is just a pin plug on boad front panels goes off.

as lee has been so kind as to take it back for investigation i think i will leave it to him. incidently i would like to take this opportunity to say how professional lee has handled this problem. goldwafers certainly are true and worthy site sponsors:number-one-043:

LeeGW
21-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Kevin, I've received your box today. It was the ribbon cable from the PSU to motherboard that had come loose in transit. I've re-attached the ribbon cable to the motherboard power socket and everything is fine :)

UPS will be collecting it today, so it should be back with you for tomorrow.
I've emailed you the tracking details.

Your box insides are now famous as I've used them in the help guide in the link below
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131706

It should come in handy for helping others who might come across this issue in the future.

Cheers

Lee.

echelon
21-04-2010, 02:31 PM
you will find similar connectors in the icecrypt and probably other boxes too

sometimes its worth checking things like this out yourselves , if you feel confident in doing so , and providing you have the blessing of the retailer to do so too ;)

when I got my new icecrypt it had a couple of issues like misaligned mainboard and the mains lead entry didnt allow the lead to sit far enough down preventing the lid fitting correctly. these I resolved myself but I am competent in doing jobs like these as you can see from my modified dm800 pictures in that section

if in doubt , check with the retailer first , but sometimes its worth a 5 minute look inside , especially if the box has facilities for fitting a hdd like mine has ( which you may have to do yourself anyway )

respect to the sponsor in such a quick turnaround :)

speedway
21-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks once again lee for a very quick and proffesional service provided, it is second to none.looking forward to getting it up and running for the speedway feed in hd on monday night