PDA

View Full Version : AzBox TS Conversion

rocktheroad
19-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Guys,

I am having difficulties converting recorded HD TS file to Xvid. I have tried bunch of software and didn't had much success.

Total Video Converter 3.61

+ Only one which did successfully converts to Xvid

- It has only basic video/audio settings

- It doesn't use multithreading

- It doesn't crop/zoom black bars automaticaly

Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate

+ Recognize TS and converts to Xvid

+ Easily crop black bars

+ It has advanced settings for video/audio

+ For others standard except Xvid it uses multithreading

- Audio is out of sync

- for Xvid it also uses just one CPU

AVS Video Converter v6.4.2.417

- Don't work

VideoReDo TVSuite v3.1.5.565

- Don't work

mediashow espresso 5.5.1321.23021

- Don't even recognize TS

SUPER © v2010.build.37

- Don't work with ffmpeg/mencoder

Any DVD Converter

- Don't recognize TS

AutoGK 2.55

- Can't read TS

Handbrake 0.9.4

- Can't read TS

Testbed was fairly simple, i just downloaded and installed and tested with one TS. I guess there might be differences between various TS files, since AzBox from version to version can't play some of his own recorded TS files. I guess that some requires some additional codec/encoders, but I didn't had time to play with that (don't have good experience with installing codecs on my own).

What are you using for conversion and what are your experiences?

kebien
19-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Maybe if you demux the TS file (can use TSmuxer) you have a better chance for the programs that do not recognize the TS.

single
19-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi did you try ffmpeg.org?

ffmpeg -i yours.ts yoursnew.avi -vcodec h264 -acodec copy -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -newaudio

Or mencoder?

mencoder -oac copy -ovc x264 -o yoursnew.avi yours.ts

Open Source :king-042:

CU

rocktheroad
19-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Maybe if you demux the TS file (can use TSmuxer) you have a better chance for the programs that do not recognize the TS.

I'll try... I remember that I read somewhere that errors in transmission might also produce some artifacts which might be a problem for successful conversion... but not sure if that is problem or simply fact that they expect TS like DVD...

I'll give it a try and see if it helps... VideoRedo is the one which can't read, because something with PID doesn't work... And I think lot of people use that tool to fix some mistakes during transmission/decryption...

rocktheroad
19-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi did you try ffmpeg.org?

ffmpeg -i yours.ts yoursnew.avi -vcodec h264 -acodec copy -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -newaudio

Or mencoder?

mencoder -oac copy -ovc x264 -o yoursnew.avi yours.ts

CU

I think that Super is the GUI tool which exactly relies on those two encoders, and it is advertised as one which has all necessary codecs for conversion... but it simply fails with both options...

I'll try this when I run out of all nice GUI solutions... I am newbie to all this, and those command lines look scary:)

rocktheroad
19-04-2010, 11:47 PM

Tried... no sucess :

---------------------------
Unsupported format
Can't detect stream type. File name: "Channel 4 HD_Pamela Anderson Comedy Roast_1271543703.ts"
OK

tx0
19-04-2010, 11:56 PM
try this one hxxp://sourceforge.net/projects/megui/

FME_fta
20-04-2010, 11:01 AM
I guess TMPGEnc XPress can handle TS files.

But you can use VLC to change the TS container to mpg.
Then use a program to convert mpg to avi.

PS: Make sure you use an deinterlace filter, or else the output avi will have lots of interlaced artifacts.

denton
21-04-2010, 09:45 AM
I use TVC, as I found most of the others couldn't recognise .ts files.
I convert to Mp4 as it's just over half the size.

For cutting the files I use Videoredo (I do this before conversion).

Denton

rocktheroad
21-04-2010, 11:48 AM
TVC is the best one so far. All others have problem with TS recognition. On official problem they are aware that there is bug with scheduled recording when HDD is in sleep state. HDD won't wake up on time, and headers and beginning wont be written to HD making unusable TS. We should expect fix in following FW's where disk will be awaken prior scheduled recording.

I can't use Videoredo, I got message it does not support h264 yet...